46 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
What You're Listening Now
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 8 2018, 08:01 PM
GMC:er

I wonder if they have some sort of jackets sponsorship going on tongue.gif biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Sep 8 2018, 08:04 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 11 2018, 04:00 AM
Being a big fan of 80s Metal, I became a big fan of a Japanese band called X Japan. They are almost comedic in their interpretation of Glam Rock. At first I thought it was like STEEL PANTHER or something. I later found out that they took it very seriously, even if I didn't. I still enjoy the band quite a bit. Found myself drilling down to them on my playlist. I did a documentary about the band a while back. One of the members killed himself and several fans killed themselves as soon as they heard the news. Then the entire country practically shut down for his funeral. There are a few of my fave tunes of theirs in this doc. It's about 15 minutes long. Of course, the lyrics are all in Japanese. If you like Steel Panther, you may dig these guys like I do smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 11 2018, 04:08 AM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 12 2018, 09:42 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 17 2018, 08:40 PM
This one is a classic. This gal did a great job on this. It's on a few of my playlists. The anime post by mertay reminded me of it.
It's from the anime Saikano and the song is "hoshi no hate"

QUOTE (Mertay @ Sep 12 2018, 04:42 AM) *

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 18 2018, 09:18 AM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 18 2018, 03:44 PM
Instructor
That's crazy stuff! Thanks for sharing!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 20 2018, 01:20 AM
Right after I complained about BERRIED ALIVE not being music, he releases this track in instragram which is very melodic and I like it alot! Also a neat trick using his foot on his whammy. smile.gif Whaddya think?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn63de2lirS/?hl...=charlescaswell

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 25 2018, 06:24 PM
Instructor
New guitar stuff!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 25 2018, 07:45 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 25 2018, 06:24 PM) *
New guitar stuff!

cool.gif cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 27 2018, 10:23 PM
The Solo starts about 45 seconds in. Always loved this solo. I learned it by ear last night based on a live performance vid of the same tune. This version is a bit different. It's a very fun solo. Going to do a quick licks based on it!!! Was chatting about this tune with Ken last night when someone accused him of "Overusing Adult Chords" smile.gif
Speaking of, KEN WHAT THE HECK ARE THE ADULT CHORDS IN THIS THING!!

*Early Version of Shred in this solo IMHO.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 27 2018, 10:30 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 29 2018, 09:55 PM
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/articles/fe...can_music-79783

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 11 2018, 02:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mertay @ Sep 29 2018, 05:55 PM) *

Awesome! Thanks for the link. I've only listened to Tinariwen from there, and they are amazing. I'll check the others.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 17 2018, 09:52 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adam
Nov 17 2018, 07:11 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 8 2018, 04:30 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ive really been digging this band a lot lately. Its been a while since I listened to a lot of ska but these guys have got me right back into it!

Also this is awesome. One of the most interesting new ( to me ) bands Ive heard in a while. Their last album was just a brilliant peice of retro 70s style proggy goodness.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 10 2018, 02:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Dec 8 2018, 12:30 PM) *
Ive really been digging this band a lot lately. Its been a while since I listened to a lot of ska but these guys have got me right back into it!

Also this is awesome. One of the most interesting new ( to me ) bands Ive heard in a while. Their last album was just a brilliant peice of retro 70s style proggy goodness.

Interesting stuff Bleez! I'm enjoying that progressive track, very catchy.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 10 2018, 07:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 10 2018, 01:56 PM) *
Interesting stuff Bleez! I'm enjoying that progressive track, very catchy.

YEAH! biggrin.gif They are awesome. , Sweden produce some great bands.

Im still kinda obsessed with the interrupters, been listening to them a lot. This is a really cool live track.
quality backing vocals by the guys as well!

This post has been edited by bleez: Dec 10 2018, 07:59 PM

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 12 2018, 02:53 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 12 2018, 03:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mertay @ Dec 12 2018, 10:53 AM) *

Cool song! I've never been into this Maynard's band.. thanks!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 12 2018, 03:20 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 12 2018, 02:10 PM) *
Cool song! I've never been into this Maynard's band.. thanks!

It was playing on the end of a tv show (yellowstone), searched and found on a youtube list. Some are too country for me but nice selected songs.

The lyrics on 1.30, I sure I heard it on another song but can't remember which (metallica, dreamtheater...?)

--------------------

+Quote Post

46 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:36 PM