2 Pages V  < 1 2  
New Axe!, ESP M-II
Todd Simpson
Jun 20 2013, 02:14 AM
GMC:er
Super Congrats! smile.gif I'm glad to hear my advice helped out smile.gif When looking for a guitar, you just never know which one you will connect with until you actually play it IMHO. Once you pick it up, and play it a bit, you sort of "know" that THIS IS THE ONE!!!

On future buying trips, you may now notice you start in the ESP section and work your way out smile.gif I do the same type of thing (Start with the oldest Ibby's I can find then branch out). Sounds like your local dealer is very nice and thats great news!!

Enjoy smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Jun 14 2013, 04:29 PM) *
I had a long discussion with Todd about getting a brand new guitar, because I was tired of getting second hand ones and finding faults with them, and he told me to try every single guitar at my local music store before buying one.

I went in that store looking for an Ibanez, or possibly a Jackson. And I came out holding an ESP biggrin.gif

I don't know why, and I have NEVER played an ESP before, but that was probably the only guitar in the store which connected with me, and I never had so much pleasure playing a guitar before, and I know I sound like a hippy now tongue.gif

Anyway, the model is an ESP M-II Standard. Got it for $450 with a few accessories. Maple neck (its fast!). EMG 81s (and I like the sound of those EMGs probably because I play metal 9 out of 10 times I pick up any guitar). Floyd Rose Trem (I've been abusing the whammy and its staying in tune at least for now, although I still have my doubts about Floating trems).

Pictures (sorry I'm no photographer dry.gif ):

Comments please! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jun 20 2013, 06:20 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 20 2013, 01:14 AM) *
Super Congrats! smile.gif I'm glad to hear my advice helped out smile.gif When looking for a guitar, you just never know which one you will connect with until you actually play it IMHO. Once you pick it up, and play it a bit, you sort of "know" that THIS IS THE ONE!!!

On future buying trips, you may now notice you start in the ESP section and work your way out smile.gif I do the same type of thing (Start with the oldest Ibby's I can find then branch out). Sounds like your local dealer is very nice and thats great news!!

Enjoy smile.gif

Todd

Thanks Todd, and your advice was immensely helpful because before this, any guitar that I played and which looked good to me, I'd buy it before trying others and then regret it smile.gif And yeah, from now on ESP is gonna be at the top of my list, then Ibanez and Jackson tongue.gif

The dealer is good, but he's not half as trained with guitars as I thought he would be dry.gif I can repair guitars better than him mostly... I just repaired two of my friends' floyd rose bridges by only lubricating the knife edges by taking the bridge off. My friends asked the same thing to the dealer and he said that the knife edges probably have to be filed, and if that doesn't do it, the tremolo systems would have to be changed.

Or maybe he's just lazy tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by sammetal92: Jun 20 2013, 06:20 AM

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 21 2013, 03:05 AM
You may have just found your calling!!!!! If you are doing as good or better than the local guitar shop, then I'd say put up a quick web site using wix.com or something similar (no web coding required, just click and type) and start charging for services that you can do like pickup swaps and floyd rose fixes.

If the local store is backed up with work, I"m sure they won't mind a bit of help smile.gif Could turn in to a nice side income! Also, maybe even offer to freelance for the music store in exchange for cash/store credit/whatever you can work out.

Next thing you know you'll have more gear than you know what to do with smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Jun 20 2013, 01:20 AM) *
Thanks Todd, and your advice was immensely helpful because before this, any guitar that I played and which looked good to me, I'd buy it before trying others and then regret it smile.gif And yeah, from now on ESP is gonna be at the top of my list, then Ibanez and Jackson tongue.gif

The dealer is good, but he's not half as trained with guitars as I thought he would be dry.gif I can repair guitars better than him mostly... I just repaired two of my friends' floyd rose bridges by only lubricating the knife edges by taking the bridge off. My friends asked the same thing to the dealer and he said that the knife edges probably have to be filed, and if that doesn't do it, the tremolo systems would have to be changed.

Or maybe he's just lazy tongue.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jun 21 2013, 08:36 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 21 2013, 02:05 AM) *
You may have just found your calling!!!!! If you are doing as good or better than the local guitar shop, then I'd say put up a quick web site using wix.com or something similar (no web coding required, just click and type) and start charging for services that you can do like pickup swaps and floyd rose fixes.

If the local store is backed up with work, I"m sure they won't mind a bit of help smile.gif Could turn in to a nice side income! Also, maybe even offer to freelance for the music store in exchange for cash/store credit/whatever you can work out.

Next thing you know you'll have more gear than you know what to do with smile.gif

Todd

I'll set up that website and I'm also thinking of giving beginner guitar lessons, so I'll put it up there too smile.gif thanks!

I was also thinking about asking you of ways to make money with guitar skills, since you get to try out new gear so frequently and I'm in need of a way to get some money that I'll only spend on guitars and gear tongue.gif Guess that's one of them biggrin.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:22 PM