Quick Licks #92 - Single Handed Shred Part Ii
Todd Simpson
Aug 10 2019, 09:54 PM
GMC:er
Let's work on our left hand power a bit more. This is a GREAT drill to get your left hand power up to speed. If you can't play this drill without using your pick, then your left hand is in need of SERIOUS work. If you can play this with no problem CONGRATS you have earned it. This is just like any type of lick. it takes a bit of work and once you can play it, it separates you from the hordes of other players that simply can't play it. I hope you guys are up for the challenge!!!

Attached File  92fix.gp5 ( 2.03K ) Number of downloads: 12541

Attached Image

If you can play this lick, CONGRATULATIONS, your work is paying off!! If not, it's time to put in a bit more practice!! Give it a go!

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 11 2019, 09:52 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Aug 20 2019, 05:52 PM
Learning Roadie

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 21 2019, 06:30 AM
Nice!! I knew you could play this. It does take a LOT of finger power, so if one has not spent time in the woodshed, as it were, this lick will seem impossible. NO sound will come out unless the fret hand is strong enough to make strike notes on its' own. This is something I urge every student to try. This way, picking becomes a tone choice, as you dont actually need the pick. Also, it allows you to skip few strikes when play fast runs and just use hammer ons. Well played!! You just..
LEVELED UP!!!!!
You reamain the TOP DAWG. Nobody has ever gotten this high of a ranks in Quick Licks.

Attached Image

Todd
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Aug 20 2019, 12:52 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 26 2019, 08:58 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 12 2020, 09:25 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Take 1 Sarge,

https://youtu.be/NCVP6GxOGDY

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 13 2020, 08:43 PM
NICE!!! For some reason the synch on this one seems spot on? Did you use the same technique as before? Use whatever is the most quick, save manual synch for rec! smile.gif The good news is your one handed riffing has gotten great in just a few quick licks! You have greater precision/speed than you did when you started this series of one handed chops. Your pinky is doing a much better job also of only striking the fret/string aiming for. Your timing is very good as well. Great job! you just..
P.S. Is the Adrian Guitar Easier to play on some licks than the Ibby?

LEVELED UP!!!!!
*You are still the TOP DAWG!! In Quick Licks!!

ONETABMATT is back in the race so it's on!

Attached Image
Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 12 2020, 04:25 PM) *

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 13 2020, 09:16 PM
Thanks Todd,

I went back to manual syncing for this one and all subsequent ones.

Adrian??? You mean Adrian Smith from Maiden? It's just a MIM HSH that I fell in love with because of the chrome pickups, it's a good all rounder so I use it for a lot of practise, I don't want to get too used to the Wizard Prestige neck (serial number F0900274) because it makes things a bit simpler and going back to fatter necks takes adjustment, in saying that, that's why I like all my different guitars, you don't get fully used to one neck wink.gif I've found that if I can play tricky chords on mySRV Strat i can play them on anything so that's a good training tool in itself, not a shred machine though cool.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 15 2020, 02:13 AM
It must be my head cold talking but I swear I thought I graded this talked about your improving work on left hand drills. The guitar does look like one of the Adrian Smith axes a bit. Forgive my confusion. Makes sense to use various axes. If you get to accustomed to the wafer thin neck playing chords on the SRV will feel like playing a telephone pole! You do a better job on these left hand only licks with each one that I watch. Nice!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 13 2020, 04:16 PM) *
Thanks Todd,

I went back to manual syncing for this one and all subsequent ones.

Adrian??? You mean Adrian Smith from Maiden? It's just a MIM HSH that I fell in love with because of the chrome pickups, it's a good all rounder so I use it for a lot of practise, I don't want to get too used to the Wizard Prestige neck (serial number F0900274) because it makes things a bit simpler and going back to fatter necks takes adjustment, in saying that, that's why I like all my different guitars, you don't get fully used to one neck wink.gif I've found that if I can play tricky chords on mySRV Strat i can play them on anything so that's a good training tool in itself, not a shred machine though cool.gif

Cheers

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 15 2020, 05:11 AM
Thanks buddy,

You have graded this one already ( https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t&p=774003) but not changed on 114 so it's possibly correct. It's 4am and I'm on my tablet in bed so I'll check later.

Sorry for the confusion, it's probably because I've been catching up on a lot of old QLs and also doing each new one each week so it hasn't been very linear, apologies for that buddy, I've got confused myself at times, then there's been times I've come to do an old one only to find I'd already been badged up on it but hadn't made a record of it so we've had to jump a number. Once I've caught up it will be fine as the badge will match the QL number wink.gif

In the big scheme of things it doesn't really matter, QLs are helping my dexterity and that's what does matter wink.gif

Cheers

UPDATE: 107 is correct but for QL114, I've sent a PM explaining the mix up wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 15 2020, 09:09 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 09:19 AM