My Ballad Improvisation Video
bahadirpeker
Jun 6 2014, 05:57 PM
GMC:er
Hey all after a long time! I played an improvisation in the style of ballad. I hope you will enjoy smile.gif I miss you so much..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhFANI4NuEI

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
AK Rich
Jun 6 2014, 09:44 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Jun 6 2014, 08:57 AM) *
Hey all after a long time! I played an improvisation in the style of ballad. I hope you will enjoy smile.gif I miss you so much..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhFANI4NuEI

It is always a pleasure to listen to your playing Baha. Good to see you here again. You have some very tasty and expressive phrases in your pocket. Keep up the good work! I love your strat too! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Huargo
Jun 6 2014, 11:25 PM
Tone Seeker
Nice!
Thanks for share!

This post has been edited by huargo: Jun 6 2014, 11:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 7 2014, 05:21 AM
Learning Tone Master

You was very busy lately smile.gif Glad to see you back here. I always enjoy to listen your takes smile.gif

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Jun 7 2014, 07:07 AM
Thank you very very much my friends! smile.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jun 7 2014, 12:15 PM
Learning Tone Master
yup,nice

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Jun 7 2014, 03:12 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jun 7 2014, 11:15 AM) *
yup,nice

Thanks jstcrsn smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 8 2014, 08:20 AM
Instructor
Welcome back Baha! We missed your great playing around here biggrin.gif Nice take as usual!

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Jun 8 2014, 11:46 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 8 2014, 07:20 AM) *
Welcome back Baha! We missed your great playing around here biggrin.gif Nice take as usual!

Thank you Cosmin smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 8 2014, 03:30 PM
Instructor
Hey Bahadir! It's a great piece of playing but forgive me to point something I feel I have problems with as well. Too many breaks at some point of the track. I mean I had a feeling like after sort of first half solo could be more solid - less breaks between notes - more smooth connection, long sustaining notes without a break. That's something what I try to improve in my playing as well. Try to listen to same solo with no delay - You'll hear what I mean. Just my subjective opinion. Awesome work anyway : Thank You - pleasure to listen smile.gif

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Jun 8 2014, 07:55 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jun 8 2014, 02:30 PM) *
Hey Bahadir! It's a great piece of playing but forgive me to point something I feel I have problems with as well. Too many breaks at some point of the track. I mean I had a feeling like after sort of first half solo could be more solid - less breaks between notes - more smooth connection, long sustaining notes without a break. That's something what I try to improve in my playing as well. Try to listen to same solo with no delay - You'll hear what I mean. Just my subjective opinion. Awesome work anyway : Thank You - pleasure to listen smile.gif

Thank you so much Darius! Your advices are very important, yes it is very hard to do more smooth connection between notes with less breaks. When I listen to solo with no delay, yes you are right, but while I am playing with delay how can I be more solid, must I say to myself I must be careful and imagine with no delay or that is a thing which will appear spontaneously? Thank you very much again

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 8 2014, 08:30 PM
Instructor
Hi Baha!! Great to hear from you again! I was missing your video improvisations and also your jams at the Chat room. You are a very talented guitarist and improviser, and I think that you should take some of this impro, polish them, work on melodic sections and start editing your music.

Is that all your gear? There are many cool guitars and pedals there... smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Jun 8 2014, 10:51 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 8 2014, 07:30 PM) *
Hi Baha!! Great to hear from you again! I was missing your video improvisations and also your jams at the Chat room. You are a very talented guitarist and improviser, and I think that you should take some of this impro, polish them, work on melodic sections and start editing your music.

Is that all your gear? There are many cool guitars and pedals there... smile.gif

Hi Gabriel, thank you so much for your kind words! That's all my gear smile.gif Yes I have some guitars and pedals and I love them. All of them means different kinds of my expression individually nowadays I like my semihollow sx tele so much smile.gif And also there will a new guitar that will participate nearly 2 weeks later. One of the best luthier of my town is desinging a different guitar for me. It will be different because we use ayous wood with the sapelli mahogany front. Also there will be a space in body wood which is ayous. In this guitar I will use handmade pickups which we specialized with my friend in my town. I have no idea how it will sound but still this is exiting! We will see the result smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 9 2014, 07:31 AM
Instructor
Indeed Baha biggrin.gif You have A LOT of gear biggrin.gif

About recording - I for one am always recording music without any effects whatsoever - if I can make it sound great with my hands only, than adding effects will only make it better.

Try this - play as expressive and intelligent as possible using ONLY the guitar.

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Jun 9 2014, 08:57 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 9 2014, 06:31 AM) *
Indeed Baha biggrin.gif You have A LOT of gear biggrin.gif

About recording - I for one am always recording music without any effects whatsoever - if I can make it sound great with my hands only, than adding effects will only make it better.

Try this - play as expressive and intelligent as possible using ONLY the guitar.

Cosmin, I have never tried this before, I will do it! But I have a question if my feeling will be different from the one played with delay effect because if I use delay, my expression is totally different than no effect solos. As soon as I hear my delay effect, may be the whole thing starting to get different especially about feeling and it affects everything so much. But your idea that tryin to make it sound great with only hands sounds good and will be very difficult without doubt.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 11 2014, 08:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Jun 9 2014, 07:57 AM) *
Cosmin, I have never tried this before, I will do it! But I have a question if my feeling will be different from the one played with delay effect because if I use delay, my expression is totally different than no effect solos. As soon as I hear my delay effect, may be the whole thing starting to get different especially about feeling and it affects everything so much. But your idea that tryin to make it sound great with only hands sounds good and will be very difficult without doubt.

It will, of course! I am always having a hard time recording as raw as possible - no help from the outside smile.gif Just from yourself wink.gif

The idea is to get used to things and try to become as expressive as possible in the given situation - here's what I say biggrin.gif

Try to record a short phrase WITHOUT the delay and see how expressive you can be and then try it with the delay - what differences do you notice?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 13 2014, 02:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Jun 8 2014, 06:51 PM) *
Hi Gabriel, thank you so much for your kind words! That's all my gear smile.gif Yes I have some guitars and pedals and I love them. All of them means different kinds of my expression individually nowadays I like my semihollow sx tele so much smile.gif And also there will a new guitar that will participate nearly 2 weeks later. One of the best luthier of my town is desinging a different guitar for me. It will be different because we use ayous wood with the sapelli mahogany front. Also there will be a space in body wood which is ayous. In this guitar I will use handmade pickups which we specialized with my friend in my town. I have no idea how it will sound but still this is exiting! We will see the result smile.gif

It sounds like a very interesting experiment. What's the shape of the new guitar coming?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 14 2014, 07:33 AM
Instructor
Uh oh, amazing Baha! I assume it will be a guitar that should fit your fusion oriented style, am I correct? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Deleted
Jun 14 2014, 06:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
Super great playing

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 15 2014, 08:06 AM
Instructor
Hey Baha smile.gif What else are you working on, mate? Share some of your new recordings with us biggrin.gif I remember we were working together on ballad phrasing - how are you faring in that direction? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jun 15 2014, 08:06 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:01 AM