Little Help Please
UncleSkillet
Jan 29 2008, 03:31 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
So, I have been working with this backing track (Joe Satriani “Just Look Up” from the album “Is There Love In Space”. http://guitarplanet.free.fr/backingtracks.htm). Good progress for me. I am working on my improve skills and trying to write my own solo over this easy rhythm (have never heard the original recording though. Refuse to till I am done with my version.). Figured out (by ear and all the new theory I have learned here) that jamming in E Major Pentatonic, Em Blues Pentatonic works really well. However, I am a lot more comfortable doing fast licks with 3 finger shapes. I was thinking about trying E Mixolydian and working that in to make things more intense and interesting (better 3 fingered options). What do you think? Am I on the right track, or would you suggest something different?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:12 AM