Siblings
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 11 2008, 07:06 PM
GMC:er
Do you have any brothers or sisters that are musical or are the others in your family musical at all?

You amaze me with your versatility on guitar. You can go from a slow melodic piece with great feel to a blistering shred solo that still has an incredible feel to it. This is normally seen in musicians that have families that are very musical.

Are you married at all or have a girlfriend and how does this effect your practicing regime or are you devoted to music and guitar at the minute and are having fun as a single person while you are young before settling down?

Sorry if this is too private but I'm interested in how you have become so good and what drives you to play guitar better and is there a reason why you have such great feel?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 11 2008, 08:06 PM
Instructor
That's pretty good question,
I believe having someone in family related to music can have both good and bad effects.smile.gif
My situation is like this,mom is chemistry engineer,dad is physics engineer(had a small band looong ago,local stuff).
Then I have older brother who has been into music bit longer then I'm,
that his hobby tho(he's graphic designer) but he plays bass for my solo project gigs
and in a local band called Konvoj(Convoy).

So I didn't have sort of stimulation from my family to pursuit music as a career,I decided it by myself
BUT I've had a HUGE support from them which I've found a lot more important instead of
pushing someone in one direction,like parents usually do(with best wishes)
but it ends pretty wrong here and there.

Everyone needs to decide what he loves and then to get support from a family. smile.gif

Also I'm in a great relationship for more than 8 years,she's my angel to say the least.
There are moments(longer ones) when she comes to my place and watches TV or som
while I'm recording,practicing or whatever...for hours...no complaining,she understands. smile.gif

Abut my playing,seems like I had sort of "luck" to start playing at the time when you
have nothing else to do,war time.... dry.gif
So I liked it too much,it's fully inside of me and I enjoy every moment with the guitar.
With joy and love there's just NO hard time to get practicing and motivated,
you're just keep pushing forward reaching for higher goals without looking back too much.

I know you have similar feel about guitar like I do
and I wish you ALL the same and bigger results in your guitar/music journey!!! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 12 2008, 10:11 AM
GMC:er
Great reply. It's good to have a bit more background for people as everybody has such different lives and upbringings. It's always good to be supported by family and girlfriends to pursue what makes you happy. Fortunately I've had the same although instead of fully committing to music I graduated as a Systems Engineer. Been playing music since I was 5 now which is 19 years. Played Keyboard for 7 years, tenor horn for 4 years, drums for 4 years and then guitar for about 5 years. Hopefully I stick with this one biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:41 PM