Who Is Your Favourite Guitarist To Listen To Right Now
liveOASISforever
Jun 29 2013, 06:08 AM
GMC:er
My question is who is your favourite guitarist to listen to right now. Mine has got to be Andy James I absolutely love his work. biggrin.gif

Who is yours

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 29 2013, 06:25 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
strangely enough (for those who know me and my musical taste) , at the moment it is Joe Bonamassa

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jun 29 2013, 06:29 AM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 29 2013, 06:25 AM) *
strangely enough (for those who know me and my musical taste) , at the moment it is Joe Bonamassa

Being listening to Joe Bonamassa recently as well and I really like him.I would love to see him live smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Professor
Jun 29 2013, 09:42 AM
Theory Instructor
Have to say Mike Stern, on a big Jazz Fusion kick right now and Mike is one of the best in that style!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Jun 29 2013, 10:05 AM
Tony Iommi

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jun 29 2013, 11:29 AM
My favorite guitarists? A lot smile.gif Jason Becker (my idol), Randy Rhoads, Dave Murray, Marty Friedman, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Alexi Laiho, Andy James, Paul Gilbert, Guthrie Govan, John Petrucci, Vinnie Moore and so on smile.gif wink.gif

Right now, I'm listening to Alexi Laiho smile.gif

This post has been edited by sammetal92: Jun 29 2013, 11:30 AM

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jun 29 2013, 12:11 PM
Most of all I prefer listening to music in general, not to guitarist itself...

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 29 2013, 12:34 PM
Instructor
I'm currently more up to Jeff Back, Derek Trucks, Bonamassa etc. Love to listen Johnson's playing too smile.gif Funny...no of them have much in common with the music I usually make smile.gif

In my case that would be Queen smile.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 29 2013, 03:43 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Well I'm a huge Alexi Laiho fan and being that Bodom's new album recently came out I've been listening to it non-stop. Some may crucify me for saying that I actually enjoy Falling In Reverse (they're pretty damn creative) but their guitarist, Jacky Vincent, has a really cool shred style.

Besides those two it's got to be the guys from Parkway Drive. I've been trying to analyze their music in order to get a feel on writing riffs like them.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jun 29 2013, 03:58 PM
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jun 29 2013, 02:43 PM) *
Well I'm a huge Alexi Laiho fan and being that Bodom's new album recently came out I've been listening to it non-stop. Some may crucify me for saying that I actually enjoy Falling In Reverse (they're pretty damn creative) but their guitarist, Jacky Vincent, has a really cool shred style.

Besides those two it's got to be the guys from Parkway Drive. I've been trying to analyze their music in order to get a feel on writing riffs like them.

Parkway Drive's breakdowns are insane! I love those breakdowns smile.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 29 2013, 04:03 PM
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Jun 29 2013, 09:58 AM) *
Parkway Drive's breakdowns are insane! I love those breakdowns smile.gif

I've loved them since the moment I first listened to them. I'm in the process of getting a new guitar right now for the sake of drop B. laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
waynedcoville
Jun 29 2013, 04:07 PM
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Jun 29 2013, 09:05 AM) *
Tony Iommi

I'm with you on that, man. Iommi is the godfather of the Riff
I'm also a big fan of Jerry Cantrell. His name doesn't get a lot of sun, nevertheless, he's one of my favs.
Also a big fan of Brent Hinds from Mastodon and Mikael Åkerfeldt from Opeth. These guys are able to take a step back and look at music from a different angle.

This post has been edited by waynedcoville: Jun 29 2013, 04:15 PM

--------------------
Carvin 6 string bass (walnut neck and body w/burl maple top)
Carvin 5 string AE fretless bass(mahogany neck and body w/ quilt maple top)
Dean 8 string bass
Danelectro BassVI
Washburn 5 string acoustic bass
Hartke HA3500 w/ 4-10x1-15
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Zoom B9.1ut / Crybaby
Monster cables

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 29 2013, 04:10 PM
Instructor
Nowadays I use to listen a lot to bands instead of guitarists. This is my cellphone's list right now (it changes dramatically every week)

30 seconds to mars
Architecs
Asking Alexandria
Black Sabbath
Bring me the horizon
Cadena Perpetua
Eterna Inocencia
Joey Cape
Millencolin
No te va a gustar
No Use for a Name
Skrillex
Suicide Silence
Tony Sly

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jun 29 2013, 04:10 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
korblitz
Jun 29 2013, 04:36 PM
No te va a gustar

I'm confused is that a band? By the looks of it, I'm not going to like them one bit.

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jun 30 2013, 08:35 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I can't get enough of Phillip saycee. Does anyone have any suggestions of artists in this type of music? I like the hard rockin blues from sayce, haven't found a lot of music like this, yet

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 30 2013, 04:23 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

I've been listening to a lot of Rush albums lately... so Alex Lifeson. I actually enjoy listening to what he plays within a song more than his solos.

As far as solos... smile.gif I've been listening to Tony MacAlpine's "Maximum Security" a lot recently. Love his tone on this album and his sense for writing a hook with a instrumental track makes it more than just "shredding" to me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 30 2013, 09:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (korblitz @ Jun 29 2013, 12:36 PM) *
No te va a gustar

I'm confused is that a band? By the looks of it, I'm not going to like them one bit.

hahaha yeah... the english traduction is "you won't like it". The legend says that they had a really ugly name and when people asked them what was their name they used to say... you won't like it... hahaha finally this phrase became their name. laugh.gif

They play Latin Pop Rock

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 12 2013, 09:29 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Right now...?
That's quite the nut, but I guess I'll go for Jerry Cantrell, Kim Thayil, Mark Knopfler or Scott Ian.
I'm not into all the fast paced crazy stuff like shredding. Give me a great rhythm player like the ones mentioned above,
and you can have your leadplaying maniacs for yourself..

Ok ok, I might borrow Kiko Loureiro every now and then.. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 13 2013, 01:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jul 12 2013, 05:29 AM) *
Right now...?
That's quite the nut, but I guess I'll go for Jerry Cantrell, Kim Thayil, Mark Knopfler or Scott Ian.
I'm not into all the fast paced crazy stuff like shredding. Give me a great rhythm player like the ones mentioned above,
and you can have your leadplaying maniacs for yourself..

Ok ok, I might borrow Kiko Loureiro every now and then.. biggrin.gif

Kiko's latest album is very good! I saw him on a clinic some months ago, he played many of those songs. I really enjoyed it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 15 2013, 08:20 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 13 2013, 02:40 AM) *
Kiko's latest album is very good! I saw him on a clinic some months ago, he played many of those songs. I really enjoyed it.

Yeah, Kiko's got some good stuff smile.gif
Cool, I wish he would come over here and showcase his skills soon..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:54 AM