2 Pages V   1 2 >  
What Cd's Did You Buy Recently?
Robin
May 11 2007, 04:11 PM
GMC:er
This is probably a very common topic on forums, I havent seen one on GMC yet, I didnt bother searching, its probably outdatet anyway if there already exist a topic like this smile.gif

Aaaanyway, what CD's did you recently buy? Write a couple of lines about them smile.gif

Today I got
Budgie - Never turn your back on a friend, and
Witchcraft - Witchcraft.

But since I just got them I'll have to listen to them before I can write anything about them smile.gif I'll post it later.
Just got to say that Witchcraft know how to be old school, truly awesome.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 11 2007, 04:24 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Robin @ May 11 2007, 11:11 AM) *
This is probably a very common topic on forums, I havent seen one on GMC yet, I didnt bother searching, its probably outdatet anyway if there already exist a topic like this smile.gif

Aaaanyway, what CD's did you recently buy? Write a couple of lines about them smile.gif

Today I got
Budgie - Never turn your back on a friend, and
Witchcraft - Witchcraft.

But since I just got them I'll have to listen to them before I can write anything about them smile.gif I'll post it later.
Just got to say that Witchcraft know how to be old school, truly awesome.

I just got an order from Amazon - trying to get up to speed on good guitarists:

Fallen - Evanescence (not for the guitar particularly, just liked the track "hello")
Alien Love Secrets - Steve Vai
Led Zep I
Get out of My Yard - Paul Gilbert
Venus Isle - Eric Johnson
Blizzard of Oz - Ozzy

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Robin
May 11 2007, 04:29 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ May 11 2007, 03:24 PM) *

Fallen - Evanescence (not for the guitar particularly, just liked the track "hello")
Led Zep I
Blizzard of Oz - Ozzy

Ooooooh Led zeppelin 1, TRULY AMAZING album by an amazing band. Its TOO GOOD! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
May 11 2007, 05:20 PM
I'll play.

The last set I bought was:

Neurosonic - Drama Queen
Candiria - What Doesn't Kill You
Billy Squier - Absolute Hits
Daughtry

My wife wanted Daughtry. It's not bad, actually.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Robin
May 11 2007, 05:21 PM
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ May 11 2007, 04:20 PM) *
I'll play.

The last set I bought was:

Neurosonic - Drama Queen
Candiria - What Doesn't Kill You
Billy Squier - Absolute Hits
Daughtry

My wife wanted Daughtry. It's not bad, actually.

Hmm, never really heard of any of those ohmy.gif What kind of music is it?

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
May 11 2007, 07:56 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ May 11 2007, 04:21 PM) *
Hmm, never really heard of any of those ohmy.gif What kind of music is it?

None of them are really "Guitarist" bands (note the capital G). Billy Squier's about as close as as it gets in that stack.

Billy Squier's a classic. The Stroke, She's a Runner, Emotions in Motion.

Candiria's interesting. They're more in the hardcore realm but there is some interesting prog influence there. If you don't listen too closely they kinda sound a little similar to Dusturbed without the odd rhythm. I actually got the CD because I thought they did a song that I liked...but it turned out that they didn't.

Neurosonic's interesting. Not sure how to classify them. I got it for the "So Many People" single. Heavy rhythm guitar, some electronics. They have a Myspace page that I can't get to to link right now.

Daughtry is Chris Daughtry's band...he was the 4th place finisher in American Idol last year, I think. Not Pop at all...more of a decent rock sound with a good singer. I probably wouldn't have bought it myself it's not been banished from my Mix iTunes playlist.

I keep wanting to say that I'm missing something but I can't remember and my iTunes is at home. I probably should have waited...if I was at home, I could have done something like a 10 Most Recent Alsums list. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Scott Gentzen: May 11 2007, 08:03 PM

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 11 2007, 08:29 PM
Instructor
I have bought Guthrie Govan's Erotic Cakes. Great album and great player.

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 11 2007, 08:53 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ May 11 2007, 04:24 PM) *

Led Zep I
Blizzard of Oz - Ozzy

What did you think of "Get out of My Yard"? smile.gif

Ive recently pruchesed,

Buckethead - Eletric Tears (nothing short of excellent)
Buckethead Land (very messed up/creepy/odd)
Paul Gilbert get out of my yard - Superb!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Robin
May 11 2007, 09:17 PM
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ May 11 2007, 06:56 PM) *
None of them are really "Guitarist" bands (note the capital G). Billy Squier's about as close as as it gets in that stack.

Billy Squier's a classic. The Stroke, She's a Runner, Emotions in Motion.

Candiria's interesting. They're more in the hardcore realm but there is some interesting prog influence there. If you don't listen too closely they kinda sound a little similar to Dusturbed without the odd rhythm. I actually got the CD because I thought they did a song that I liked...but it turned out that they didn't.

Neurosonic's interesting. Not sure how to classify them. I got it for the "So Many People" single. Heavy rhythm guitar, some electronics. They have a Myspace page that I can't get to to link right now.

Daughtry is Chris Daughtry's band...he was the 4th place finisher in American Idol last year, I think. Not Pop at all...more of a decent rock sound with a good singer. I probably wouldn't have bought it myself it's not been banished from my Mix iTunes playlist.

I keep wanting to say that I'm missing something but I can't remember and my iTunes is at home. I probably should have waited...if I was at home, I could have done something like a 10 Most Recent Alsums list. smile.gif

Interesting. American Idol you say? I think they are starting the fifth season in norway now, there have only been 1 decent singer/artist, from the first season(he won world idol). I guess there are a few talents in Idol smile.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
May 11 2007, 09:36 PM
Ok, now that I have been listening to them a bit I can make a tiny review on them.

Budgie - Never turn your back on a friend - OH MY GOD!!!
I LOVE the vocals, the sound, the riffs, the songs, the style, EVERYTHING! Thats all I have to say. Its a 100% perfect.

Witchcraft - Witchcraft
Dude, this album is from 2004 and it sounds like its from 1970! Its SOOO smooth, unlike other new bands these guys really do it old school. I think many of the riffs actually sounds very much like really, really old school black metal, wich is awesome.

Both these albums is a MUST HAVE for rock'n'rollers, seriously, GO GET THEM NOW! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
May 11 2007, 10:17 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ May 11 2007, 08:17 PM) *
Interesting. American Idol you say? I think they are starting the fifth season in norway now, there have only been 1 decent singer/artist, from the first season(he won world idol). I guess there are a few talents in Idol smile.gif

I doublechecked. Daughtry was in the fifth season. I didn't see it so I don't know how he did there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 11 2007, 10:31 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (mattacuk @ May 11 2007, 03:53 PM) *
What did you think of "Get out of My Yard"? smile.gif

Ive recently pruchesed,

Buckethead - Eletric Tears (nothing short of excellent)
Buckethead Land (very messed up/creepy/odd)
Paul Gilbert get out of my yard - Superb!

Heh, didn't get to it yet - Really enjoyed Randy Rhoads, playing Eric Kohnson now - what a great sound he gets out of that Strat would love to know how he gets the smoothness of tone without any obvious distortion or overdrive ...

I'll let you know about Paul, and yes, Bucket Head is next on my list smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 11 2007, 11:36 PM
Pink Floyd - Echoes, besides that hardly none in a long time.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
erik
May 11 2007, 11:48 PM
The last i bought was
Iron Maiden - Brave New World
In Flames - Come Clarity

Brave new world has a great feel to it, many good songs. On Come Clarity I only like 4-5 songs, didnt appeal to me that much. Gonna buy Ashes of The Wake by Lamb of God soon, thats a Great album, love every song

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
May 11 2007, 11:49 PM
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ May 11 2007, 06:56 PM) *

I'm home. Now I got it.

Muse - Black Holes & Revelations

Another interesting band that does some interesting things on guitar. My head swims with the possibilities of that guitar with the Kaoss Pad built into it. Mmmm..

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 12 2007, 01:20 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
John Petrucci - Suspended Animation
Opeth - Ghost Reveries Special Edition (Had to buy it again cause of the DVD)
Michael Angelo Batio - Planet Gemini
Daath - The Hinderers
Battlore - Evernight

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
May 12 2007, 01:31 AM
Rammstein Rosenrot GREAT cd.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
May 12 2007, 07:18 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 12 2007, 02:20 AM) *
Daath - The Hinderers

Thanks for reminding me that I gotta buy that record biggrin.gif

Otherwise, I don't know, I buy waaaay to few records, but I think the last I bought was Avatar - Thoughts of no Tomorrow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 12 2007, 07:58 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ May 11 2007, 10:31 PM) *
Heh, didn't get to it yet - Really enjoyed Randy Rhoads, playing Eric Kohnson now - what a great sound he gets out of that Strat would love to know how he gets the smoothness of tone without any obvious distortion or overdrive ...

I'll let you know about Paul, and yes, Bucket Head is next on my list smile.gif

Looking foward to hearing your comments! cool.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
May 13 2007, 05:38 PM
Shadows fall - the art of balance ( love it but thats because it is like my fav band others think its no good sad.gif vocals are a little off but meh)
joe satriani- surfing with the alien ( nuff said)

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:14 PM