Angra
The Uncreator
Jul 10 2007, 06:44 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K0oqGu8Haw
Angra - Nova Era Live

Any thoughts on these guys, Fantastic band, every member is a virtuouso, especially Kiko Lourerio, he is amazing, the bass player, the drummer, other lead guitarist, and the singer all have amazing abilities. I think some of you might also like some of Kiko Loureiro solo videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Ju5OX80Fc
Kiko Loureiro - Dilemma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLHDXwFZ_Bc...ted&search=
Kiko Loureiro - Dream Circles

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
icedern
Jul 10 2007, 07:27 PM
GMC:er
Yeah, i've always digged Angra. They have been around doing some awesome stuff for a long time.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 16 2007, 12:02 AM
Instructor
I have seen them live 2 times with their first singer Andre Matos. They did great shows. I like more their first albums. I also like Rebirth with the new singer. Kiko Loureiro is very virtuoso and all of them are great musicians. They are the best latinoamerican power metal band for me.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 16 2007, 12:12 AM
GMC Founder
To me Angra might be the tightest band in the world...they are jaw-dropping! blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 16 2007, 02:48 AM
Yes they are!

I wish i got to see them live, hopefully theyll drop down by my part of the states sometime smile.gif

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 16 2007, 05:11 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 10 2007, 01:44 PM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K0oqGu8Haw
Angra - Nova Era Live

Any thoughts on these guys, Fantastic band, every member is a virtuouso, especially Kiko Lourerio, he is amazing, the bass player, the drummer, other lead guitarist, and the singer all have amazing abilities. I think some of you might also like some of Kiko Loureiro solo videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Ju5OX80Fc
Kiko Loureiro - Dilemma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLHDXwFZ_Bc...ted&search=
Kiko Loureiro - Dream Circles

Interesting.. the guitarist kiko has an interesting vibrato technique. I like how combines uses of both his left hand and his vibrato bar. Definitely gonna keep my eyes on these guiys, thanks for the thread uncreator!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 17 2007, 12:46 AM
One of my goals is to put the names of great guitarists out there!!

+Quote Post
Anastasio123
Jul 17 2007, 09:53 PM
I really love this band now!! Thanks for sharing them Uncreator. I wonder whats their best album tho...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 17 2007, 10:16 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 16 2007, 07:46 PM) *
One of my goals is to put the names of great guitarists out there!!

I would say its more of a mission than a goal smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Melodic Axeman
May 7 2008, 08:06 PM
QUOTE (Anastasio123 @ Jul 17 2007, 10:53 PM) *
I really love this band now!! Thanks for sharing them Uncreator. I wonder whats their best album tho...

I'm listening to Holy Land right now, I think it's one of their (if not THE) best album, wonderful music and lyrics.

Bad news is that Angra are in a bad moment, I know there is a legal issue with their management, hope they'll rock again in the future

Do you guys prefer Matos or Falaschi as Angra singer?

+Quote Post
Enucleation
May 7 2008, 08:15 PM
I saw Kiko is a guitar magazine a while back and I was like "wow i bet he's good" I think I was just basing that off of the 27 frets haha.

I saw some solo stuff but I think I liked Angra more. Haven't heard much but I like The Course of Nature

This post has been edited by Enucleation: May 7 2008, 08:16 PM

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
May 7 2008, 08:18 PM
Instructor
Kiko Loureiro is one of my favorite guitar players, I love his own stuff more than with Angra tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Duncan
May 7 2008, 08:21 PM
Angra are amazing, and are really good live. The solos in Heroes of Sand are incredible.

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 7 2008, 08:34 PM
Instructor
great band

+Quote Post
Gus
May 7 2008, 08:41 PM
Yeah. Any list of 5 best brazilian guitarists is not complete if does not mention Kiko Loureiro.

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
May 7 2008, 08:54 PM
Instructor
Angra are good! Kiko is an amazing musician, is solo cd is powerful!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:09 PM