2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Zen's June Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments and uploads here
zen
Jun 15 2010, 11:52 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks mate .. I'm on it now.

Btw, if you promise not to talk about the Australia- Germany match, I'll never bring up the Serbia- Ghana match smile.gif
Let's just pretend it never happened.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 15 2010, 12:25 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
haha.. funny guys!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
zen
Jun 15 2010, 12:38 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jun 15 2010, 09:25 PM) *
haha.. funny guys!

Shhhhh .. stay out of my thread or you're gonna start doing my assignments too .. you seem to be on a Pedja REC special nowdays laugh.gif

This post has been edited by zen: Jun 15 2010, 12:55 PM

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 19 2010, 12:24 PM
Instructor
Lets talk about Serbia - Germany match instead tongue.gif

How is assignment going?
Today I will post remaining 2 assignments for you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
zen
Jun 19 2010, 12:29 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jun 19 2010, 09:24 PM) *
Lets talk about Serbia - Germany match instead tongue.gif

How is assignment going?
Today I will post remaining 2 assignments for you!

Woo hooo .. Yea i saw that match .. Was happy for you !! smile.gif

Assignment's going ok and I should be able to post it within the next day.

The REC i chose seem to be a bit difficult.
It's going to take me a lot of time to clean up the sweep picking and make every note sound properly but I'll share some takes with you soon. smile.gif

Looking forward to the next assignments smile.gif

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 19 2010, 12:40 PM
Instructor
Great to hear that Zen. I look forward to Cycle 5 assignment first. Remaining 2 assignments will be one for REC and another one that will focus on different matter. Lets see first what you make of 2nd assignment smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
zen
Jun 19 2010, 02:50 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Assignment 2:

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 19 2010, 11:18 PM
Instructor
Excellent work Zen!

Lets do some lessons for remaining 2 assignments smile.gif

3rd assignment :
4 part harmony drop 2 vocings in G major scale part 1

- Check out 4 part harmony drop 2 voicings in G major scale part 1 HERE
- I am providing you backing track to use when recording this lesson.
- Record it, post it on Youtube and embed the link in this thread.
- Feel free to use this for your REC as well by the end of the month!

4th assignment :
Record a solo over Cycle 4 backing track

- Using backing track from your 1st assignment, record a solo using corresponding major scales
- Feel free to use sequences, motive development and rests in your solo
- You are welcome to make it in style that you like and use any technique at your disposal
- Post your work in audio and/or video format in this thread!

Deadline for both assignments is 30th of June!

Let me know if you got some questions Zen.

Pedja

This post has been edited by Pedja Simovic: Jun 22 2010, 12:43 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  190bpm_main.mp3 ( 1.04MB ) Number of downloads: 72
Attached File  part_2_backing.mp3 ( 1.16MB ) Number of downloads: 70

--------------------

+Quote Post
zen
Jun 22 2010, 12:20 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Pedja, can you please post the guitar pro file for "4 part harmony drop 2 - Part 1" ? smile.gif

Ive started learning it. Not sure if I can complete 2 of those types of lessons in the assigned timeframe.
But I'll try my best, otherwise will have to request you to atleast change one of them smile.gif

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 22 2010, 12:43 PM
Instructor
Ok Zen, here is the guitar pro file for part 1 lesson. I will later today change your 4th assignment so stay tuned!

Zen I edited your 4th assignment but you can read it here as well :

4th assignment :
Record a solo over Cycle 4 backing track
- Using backing track from your 1st assignment, record a solo using corresponding major scales
- Feel free to use sequences, motive development and rests in your solo
- You are welcome to make it in style that you like and use any technique at your disposal
- Post your work in audio and/or video format in this thread!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  4_Part_Harmony_Drop_2_voicings.gp5 ( 3.62K ) Number of downloads: 64

--------------------

+Quote Post
zen
Jun 25 2010, 09:58 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks Pedja.. I'm on it and progressing slowly..

Solo over 8 different chords, each lasting only 2 bars... hmm.. You certainly know how to throw a challenge biggrin.gif
Motif development would be difficult and I don't think i can use rests that much as my backing is made of power chords. I'll probably incorporate some bends. Lets see. I'm always up for a good challenge .. no matter how badly i screw it smile.gif

p.s - can i use some additional out of scale notes at some places? Not many, only if required?

This post has been edited by zen: Jun 25 2010, 09:59 AM

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 25 2010, 01:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (zen @ Jun 25 2010, 10:58 AM) *
Thanks Pedja.. I'm on it and progressing slowly..

Solo over 8 different chords, each lasting only 2 bars... hmm.. You certainly know how to throw a challenge biggrin.gif
Motif development would be difficult and I don't think i can use rests that much as my backing is made of power chords. I'll probably incorporate some bends. Lets see. I'm always up for a good challenge .. no matter how badly i screw it smile.gif

p.s - can i use some additional out of scale notes at some places? Not many, only if required?

Sure Zen, just make sure you make something out of the assignment - to be musical at least!

--------------------

+Quote Post
zen
Jun 29 2010, 10:28 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Pedja, here's Assignment 3:

4th assignment coming up by tomorrow. I'm a bit under the weather sad.gif

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 29 2010, 12:54 PM
Instructor
Very good work Zen. Look forward to 4th assignment.

--------------------

+Quote Post
zen
Jun 29 2010, 01:49 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Assignment 4: Solo Over Cycle 4 Major chords. Sorry my webcam is acting up, I cant help it at the moment. Hope the audio will be sufficient.

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 29 2010, 03:52 PM
Instructor
Some interesting ideas in there Zen!
What did you think of assignment? Not as easy as it seems ha? smile.gif Now you know how us Jazz guys feel when we have to do 12 keys haha

Well done, great work with assignments in June! I will close this thread soon and open new one for July for you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
zen
Jun 29 2010, 10:49 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jun 30 2010, 12:52 AM) *
Some interesting ideas in there Zen!
What did you think of assignment? Not as easy as it seems ha? smile.gif Now you know how us Jazz guys feel when we have to do 12 keys haha

Well done, great work with assignments in June! I will close this thread soon and open new one for July for you.

haha Ya, this assignment was till date the most challenging one. I'm a simple metal guy who likes to play chords with 2 fingers laugh.gif
I envy and respect you Jazz players to be quick in thinking and improvise while goin through so many keys. I'll get there one day smile.gif

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 29 2010, 11:48 PM
Instructor
Hehe cool Zen, glad to hear this was very challenging for you. We will continue our work in July, for now we are done with work in June. Relax for a day and then we start from Thursday again with new assignments!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 30 2010, 11:20 PM
Instructor
Great work in June Zen. I will close this thread now and open new one for July soon!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:31 PM