5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Writing My Own Comic !, Inspired by my song..
Ben Higgins
Sep 15 2012, 12:33 PM
Instructor
Hey Guys. I've been working on this for a while. Some of you may know I released a song called Vigilante a while back.. well the theme of the song made me create a character called Frank. Before I got into the guitar, drawing was my first love. I hadn't really kept it up but I started again recently. I'm a bit out of practise and my art is never going to win any awards but I think the rough and ready approach works for what I want..

Anyway, I plan on expanding this story. I know where I want it to go and it's going to be one hell of a task but it should be worth it when it's done ! I hope you enjoy. biggrin.gif

WARNING ! Does contain explicit language !

http://www.thereckoning.net/frank-blake---vigilante.php

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Himansu C Kerkar
Sep 15 2012, 12:38 PM
GMC:er
Nice story Ben
Please update further part of the story.... cannot wait ............

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 15 2012, 12:46 PM
Just GREAT, Bejnamin!!

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Sep 15 2012, 01:13 PM
Tone Seeker
Wow that's GREAT !
Now you have to continue that with beautiful ladies, car chases and explosions biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Sep 15 2012, 01:14 PM

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 15 2012, 01:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
awesome dude, Im a big comic book / graphic novel geek so this is right up my street biggrin.gif
first impressions gave me a bit of a ' mark millar' vibe to it, which is very cool. I'd definitely be up for reading more smile.gif
artwork is really good, hell I've paid for graphic novels where the artwork wasn't even half as good!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Blister
Sep 15 2012, 01:28 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wow! So many talents! Looking forward to the next part of the story! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Sep 15 2012, 01:30 PM
Nice! I like the style. I envy anbody who can draw faces and hands. They are tough! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 15 2012, 01:49 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Have you played Max Payne 3 yet? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 15 2012, 02:23 PM
Instructor
Wow, thanks everybody for the comments smile.gif

QUOTE (WeePee @ Sep 15 2012, 01:13 PM) *
Now you have to continue that with beautiful ladies, car chases and explosions biggrin.gif

How about ugly ladies, fist fights & gangsters ? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 15 2012, 01:25 PM) *
awesome dude, Im a big comic book / graphic novel geek so this is right up my street biggrin.gif
first impressions gave me a bit of a ' mark millar' vibe to it, which is very cool. I'd definitely be up for reading more smile.gif
artwork is really good, hell I've paid for graphic novels where the artwork wasn't even half as good!

Thank you ! I'll have to check out this Mark Millar smile.gif

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Sep 15 2012, 01:30 PM) *
Nice! I like the style. I envy anbody who can draw faces and hands. They are tough! smile.gif

I find hands very tough too.. in fact, they're probably my nemesis ! wink.gif

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 15 2012, 01:49 PM) *
Have you played Max Payne 3 yet? tongue.gif

Not played it but watched it all, yes !

I think Frank's brutally honest thoughts and phrases are reminiscent of Payne.. and I guess the close protection job for VIP's too. Although the security job and ex forces thing is more inspired by books I've read about real people smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 15 2012, 04:22 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wow you have great drawing skills there Ben, keep them coming smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 15 2012, 04:25 PM
Great stuff Ben!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Sep 15 2012, 05:42 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Wow, impressive drawing skills... look forward to more of this comic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 15 2012, 07:08 PM
Instructor
Thanks guys, I've just started piecing together some sketches for the 2nd part ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 16 2012, 01:37 AM
that's totally awesome dude! cool.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 16 2012, 08:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Sep 16 2012, 01:37 AM) *
that's totally awesome dude! cool.gif

Thanks man ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Sep 16 2012, 06:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
Nice work mate! Keep it up!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 16 2012, 07:07 PM
Instructor
Just thought I'd let you guys know I'm deep into the 2nd part of the series. There's a lot more action in this one wink.gif

QUOTE (Timmy b @ Sep 16 2012, 06:52 PM) *
Nice work mate! Keep it up!

Thanks my friend smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 19 2012, 04:26 PM
Instructor
Guys ! PART 2 is now available !

Hope you like it ! biggrin.gif

http://www.thereckoning.net/frank-blake---vigilante.php

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Sep 19 2012, 06:03 PM
Tone Seeker
There was 2 options. Ingnore the punks or beat them. A good choise man. smile.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 19 2012, 06:40 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 19 2012, 04:26 PM) *
Hope you like it ! biggrin.gif

indeed smile.gif very good.

have you done this kind of thing before or have you got a bit of a graphic novel collection? Im just curious because the 'camera' angles ( or layout ) of the panels is really good, It really flows well visually.
I liked the part when his adrenalin kicks in, I get the impression you are well up on the mechanics of self defence and confrontations.

liked it a lot dude.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:47 PM