5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
2013 Update From Ben
mroberts70
Jan 8 2013, 06:56 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 8 2013, 05:48 PM) *
Thanks Homies, you most definitely are Ze Best !! cool.gif

I'm glad you posted in here... I read some of these comments and felt like I was at a funeral.

Ben was good man, he loved bacon and donuts and hated root notes.... he will be missed terribly... WHAT? huh.gif No dude, he's right there!

laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 8 2013, 08:18 PM
BEN!!! I hate to see you have to step back for a bit, but hopefully, it won't be for too long! You will be sorely MISSED!!!

IN RELATED NEWS

I"LL BE ADDING AN EXTRA VIDEO CHAT ON SUNDAY @ 5PM!!!!!

So we will keep having wall to wall video chats hopefully!!

BEN: YOU ARE AN AMMAAAAAAAZZZZING player and KILLLLERRRR instructor and your work here will be felt and heard in the music of GMC forever.

Todd

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 7 2013, 04:46 AM) *
Hi Guys. I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to be stepping down as a GMC Instructor for the foreseeable future. I'm not leaving the GMC community, just taking a back seat on the former activities of an instructor.

I don't want you guys to worry, nothing bad has happened ! smile.gif The recent months have taken their toll with The Reckoning album, teaching and various everyday realities of life which I'm sure is something you guys can appreciate. Even Donut Masters like me have their human limits laugh.gif So I'll be taking an indefinite break to pursue other things, which I most definitely need as I feel like I can't give you the attention and commitment you deserve and it would be unfair to continue if I've got nothing to give you guys.

I'll still be around on the forum, albeit on a more casual basis and let's face it - someone still needs to tease Gitarrero ! So don't think of me as 'leaving'.. I'll still be here, just leaving my Temple open for some of you young pretenders to seize my throne whilst I'm out exploring the mountain and finding rare donuts wink.gif

I know some of you will be upset about no more of my video chats but you've still got my lesson notes archive and I know you guys haven't got your fingers around all of these ideas yet. I know who you are ph34r.gif So, there's always some Tasks to be done and I'll always be watching !!

Right, thanks for reading.

Gitarrero, H4H.. 500 push ups now ! Quenzoz, 250 push ups just for thinking about Bacon.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
tonyk
Jan 8 2013, 08:40 PM
Hey Ben.Sad to hear you going. The time effort and commitment youve given to GMC has been amazing. Thanks. Good luck

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 8 2013, 09:06 PM
Instructor
Thanks again my friends.. Mark, you cracked me up again, dude ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Jan 8 2013, 09:15 PM
Instructor
Oh nooooo!!!! This time it wasn't funny! I love your posts and a sense of humor, but this is not funny!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 8 2013, 09:17 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Every ending is also a new beggining so I wish you the best of luck in your new begging Ben whether it be with The Reckoning project or creating a new and improved donut. You have been an inspiration to many a guitar player around here including myself, it has been my pleasure to learn from you and take part in your awesome collabs, I am definately going to miss your V-chat lessons but I am glad that you will still be around to shoot the breeze in the forums and maybe bounce some ideas off of from time to time, keep up the great playing man and thanks for all the good times!

Much love and respect! cool.gif Rich...

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 8 2013, 09:18 PM
Instructor
*man hugs all round*

Now pass that box of donuts, don't be shy !

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 8 2013, 09:32 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 8 2013, 08:06 PM) *
Thanks again my friends.. Mark, you cracked me up again, dude ! laugh.gif

biggrin.gif Well I try my very best sir. wink.gif

QUOTE (Piotr Kaczor @ Jan 8 2013, 08:15 PM) *
Oh nooooo!!!! This time it wasn't funny! I love your posts and a sense of humor, but this is not funny!

That's true Piotr, there was certainly nothing funny about Ben's post this time. I kept looking for the punch line... I would have even taken a punch to the head for it not to be true...

I've just been cracking jokes so no one sees a grown man cry. I'll go off later by myself somewhere and do that where no one can see...

sad.gif

I need a pint of bacon and donut flavored ice cream to drown my sadness in now... BTW, I did run across some maple syrup and bacon flavored yogurt here the other day at a local yogurt shop. Don't ask... just don't ask. I didn't, but by God it was good... and I thought of Mr. Higgins and how he would probably actually hurl at the thought of that. LOL.

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Bossie
Jan 8 2013, 09:36 PM
The rumour is spreading that Ben wants to prepare for the next season of masterchef... huh.gif

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jan 8 2013, 09:41 PM
Kinda sad to read this, I don't think any kind of doughnut will make this kind of read better, in a selfish aspect.

But on a more positive note, it was great to take part in your final collab! And all your crazy weird news posts and your words of wisdom. Much luck with the band and going pro. If you ever come to the states and play a set, I will have to gather some friends dust off my Reckoning shirt be like what up haters! Wish you had an original shirt? SUCK IT! laugh.gif

Keep on rocking the free world, take it by both hands, and never look back! Enjoy what the future holds Broseph!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jan 8 2013, 09:42 PM
U're the first who sent me Personal Massage here.

and now i'll miss your Manowar' covers and random dual True Metal quotes with ya@!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 8 2013, 09:56 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Say it ain't so... ohmy.gif

Its been fun taking part in your collabs and bushido tasks ! As you say, its not the last we'll hear from you. Now I will just have to find a new way to satisfy the donut cravings. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 8 2013, 09:59 PM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jan 8 2013, 08:42 PM) *
Gooddamned, u're the first who sent me Personal Massage here.

and now i'll miss your Manowar' covers and random dual True Metal quotes with ya@!

I knew this wouldn't go over ...

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2013, 12:09 PM
Instructor
Best of luck Ben! smile.gif I'll be seeing you around, my friend smile.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jan 9 2013, 12:13 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Sorry to hear this Ben but very happy that you'll still be active on the forum. Best of luck with The Reckoning and all of your many other projects smile.gif .

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jan 9 2013, 12:57 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I go on vacation for two weeks and I come back to this? unsure.gif Christian, we have lost one of our divas! Bring the paddle!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Blister
Jan 9 2013, 02:41 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 8 2013, 02:18 PM) *
BEN!!! I hate to see you have to step back for a bit, but hopefully, it won't be for too long! You will be sorely MISSED!!!

IN RELATED NEWS

I"LL BE ADDING AN EXTRA VIDEO CHAT ON SUNDAY @ 5PM!!!!!

So we will keep having wall to wall video chats hopefully!!

BEN: YOU ARE AN AMMAAAAAAAZZZZING player and KILLLLERRRR instructor and your work here will be felt and heard in the music of GMC forever.

Todd

Todd, will this be two different lessons? unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 9 2013, 02:52 PM
we have lost one of our divas! Bring the paddle!

ROFL!!!!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 9 2013, 03:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jan 8 2013, 08:42 PM) *
Gooddamned, u're the first who sent me Personal Massage here.

Personal message is bad enough but massage ??

It should have stayed secret ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 9 2013, 03:45 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Haha, looks like your first and last messages will be memorable.. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:54 PM