2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Instructor - Joe Kataldo
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 7 2008, 03:29 PM
GMC Founder
Hi there! biggrin.gif

Today I have the pleasure to introduce Joe Kataldo from Italy (I hope I got it right unsure.gif ).

Joe will be starting of with a rhythm lesson - bus as you will see in the sample video, he has some really interesting fusion improvisation chops as well!

Attached File  Joe_Kataldo___GMC_Admission.avi ( 36.25MB ) Number of downloads: 387

Here is a little excerpt of his biography, but I am sure he can tell us more live!

Born in Naples in 1984, as an imposition from my parents, I’ve started to play piano at the age of seven, than I moved on violin, bass and finally, at the age of fourteen, the guitar! Even if I consider myself a self-taught, I’ve studied with the best Italian Musicians/Teachers as Carlo Fimiani (www.carlofimiani.com), William Stravato (www.williamstravato.com), Alex Stornello (www.alexstornello.com), Luca Chiaramonte, Maurizio Villa, Pietro Condorelli (www.myspace.com/pietrocondorelli <http://www.myspace.com/pietrocondorelli>).

In the 2004 I've get the exam of "Teoria & Solfeggio" ( literally means Theory & Reading) to the classical conservatory of music of Salerno, I read well the treble and the bass clefs, and if needed I can read the complete system of clefs, I can write music, sing simple melody, and all were needed for get the exam.

In 2005 I’ve attended the Musicians Institute of Hollywood (a one month intensive course), studying with Scott Henderson, Ross Bolton, Daniel Gilbert, Matt Baldoni, Jamie Findlay, Al Bonhomme and Keith Wyatt.

Welcome to GMC Joe! biggrin.gif

Kristofer

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jan 7 2008, 03:38 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Welcome Joe! Already spoke in the forums....downloading the video now im sure ill be impressed, looking forward to your lessons wink.gif

nice petrucci model!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 7 2008, 03:40 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hi Joe! seen you around in the forums, but welcome, look forward to your lessons biggrin.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 7 2008, 03:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Hiya Joe welcome to GMC smile.gif

Looking forward to your lessons. smile.gif

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Jan 7 2008, 03:41 PM
GMC:er
Welcome Joe

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 7 2008, 03:42 PM
Lets go fishing!
Welcome Joe, im so glad you could join the GMC community ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 7 2008, 03:46 PM
Hey welcome! that's quite a bio you have, wow Scott Hendersen, one of my Blues Idols!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 7 2008, 03:47 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Wow its so nice to have so many new people here !! Welcome to the GMC Joe !! wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Lester
Jan 7 2008, 03:51 PM
Learning Roadie
It's always good to have a new instructor....
Welcome!!!

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jan 7 2008, 04:03 PM
Instructor
Thanks everybody, the video demo was really improvised I felt the same emotion on my first gig, in front of the camera, I never recorded a video before that, the video quality is really low, but only because was my first experiment!
One lesson is ready and uploaded, should be published soon.
I'll start a series called "I Got Rhythm Guitar" we will cover from the basics all the aspect of rhythm guitar playing, comments and request are welcome.

Se Ya Soon!

Joe Kataldo

www.myspace.com/joekataldo

This post has been edited by Joe Kataldo: Jan 7 2008, 04:07 PM

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
PlayAllDay
Jan 7 2008, 04:05 PM
Welcome Joe smile.gif

--------------------
Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself...

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 7 2008, 04:08 PM
Instructor
Welcome Joe, and a great video! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jan 7 2008, 04:19 PM
Instructor
Born in Naples in 1984, as an imposition from my parents, I’ve started to play piano at the age of seven, than I moved on violin, bass and finally, at the age of fourteen, the guitar! Even if I consider myself a self-taught, I’ve studied with the best Italian Musicians/Teachers as Carlo Fimiani (www.carlofimiani.com), William Stravato (www.williamstravato.com), Alex Stornello (www.alexstornello.com), Luca Chiaramonte, Maurizio Villa, Pietro Condorelli (www.myspace.com/pietrocondorelli ).

In the 2004 I've get the exam of "Teoria & Solfeggio" ( literally means Theory & Reading) to the classical conservatory of music of Salerno, I read well the treble and the bass clefs, and if needed I can read the complete system of clefs, I can write music, sing simple melody, and all were needed for get the exam.

In 2005 I’ve attended the Musicians Institute of Hollywood (a one month intensive course), studying with Scott Henderson, Ross Bolton, Daniel Gilbert, Matt Baldoni, Jamie Findlay, Al Bonhomme and Keith Wyatt.

Right now I’m accomplishing a major in “Jazz” to the “Conservatory of Music of Naples”, teaching privately and playing in different band.

QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Jan 7 2008, 03:38 PM) *
nice petrucci model!!

Is the old one maple neck and basswood body

This post has been edited by Joe Kataldo: Jan 7 2008, 04:19 PM

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 7 2008, 04:26 PM
Instructor
Wow man, you sure have a great bio smile.gif

I like Ross Bolton a lot, like his chops, hope to see some funk in here smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Jan 7 2008, 04:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome man. smile.gif I'm sure you will rock.

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jan 7 2008, 04:34 PM
Instructor
Welcome Joe! Looking forward to see your lessons! smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jan 7 2008, 04:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Jan 7 2008, 04:26 PM) *
Wow man, you sure have a great bio smile.gif

I like Ross Bolton a lot, like his chops, hope to see some funk in here smile.gif

I like ross too, I alway snake out my regular lesson at git to attend his advanced course as an "infiltrated" biggrin.gif

QUOTE (lavendell @ Jan 7 2008, 04:34 PM) *
Welcome Joe! Looking forward to see your lessons! smile.gif

Hi lavendell I saw a couple of your lessons, I really like your dramatic release bends! you have great control of this technique how long do you play?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 7 2008, 04:50 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Welcome Joe! Nice Vid, and I have seen you in the forums already smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 7 2008, 04:53 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Joe,looking forward to your lesson,
sure it's gonna be top notch!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jan 7 2008, 04:53 PM
The Dark Canuck
Welcome to the family Joe smile.gif Looking forward to your lessons.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:12 AM