15 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
How Have You Improved In The Last Week?
Smikey2006
Aug 22 2007, 12:44 PM
GMC:er
Well guys i noticed some improvement in my playing today when i went back to a song i couldn't play 2 months ago. The song was Hourglass + Walk with me In hell by Lamb of God. Tried to play them.. nailed all the riffs in about 30 mins ... thanks gmc.. this is a real success story biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 22 2007, 08:53 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Aug 22 2007, 07:44 AM) *
Well guys i noticed some improvement in my playing today when i went back to a song i couldn't play 2 months ago. The song was Hourglass + Walk with me In hell by Lamb of God. Tried to play them.. nailed all the riffs in about 30 mins ... thanks gmc.. this is a real success story biggrin.gif

I've been trying to nail bend up vibrato for the longest time - in the last couple of days I have finally started to get it to sound almost decent! Check my contribution to Muris' Blues lesson here to see where I am at - not perfect, but coming along nicely smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...ost&p=55481

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 23 2007, 02:04 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 22 2007, 07:53 AM) *
I've been trying to nail bend up vibrato for the longest time - in the last couple of days I have finally started to get it to sound almost decent! Check my contribution to Muris' Blues lesson here to see where I am at - not perfect, but coming along nicely smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...ost&p=55481

I've been working on my bending myself - I feel a lot of improvement lately smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Aug 23 2007, 05:06 AM
How I have improved this week?

I have improved in making lessons smile.gif

Lesson

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 23 2007, 03:02 PM
Learning Roadie
Good work ezra, I know I already said in the other thread but it's a pretty sweet lesson.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Wyvernx
Aug 23 2007, 03:17 PM
I hope you guys don't mind but I'm going to start posting here from now on, I finally got the hang of sweep picking, still very,very sloppy, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I My legato is still pretty slow, but that's because I still lack alot of stamina in my left hand, I feel much better little by little I feel like I'm improving

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 23 2007, 08:35 PM
QUOTE (Wyvernx @ Aug 23 2007, 10:17 AM) *
I hope you guys don't mind but I'm going to start posting here from now on, I finally got the hang of sweep picking, still very,very sloppy, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I My legato is still pretty slow, but that's because I still lack alot of stamina in my left hand, I feel much better little by little I feel like I'm improving

Cool - I'm still working on sweeping - slow going but I focus on it for a while then lose interest.

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Aug 23 2007, 08:42 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 23 2007, 04:02 PM) *
Good work ezra, I know I already said in the other thread but it's a pretty sweet lesson.

Thank you.

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Aug 28 2007, 06:04 AM
Get to da Chopper!
I think i just (discovered? no..) realised the key to keeping your fingers close to the fretboard.
After endless months concentrating on my pinky and trying to force it to the fretboard- i decided to relax today and the results were beyond measure.

@Everybody- dont make the same mistake i have been making- breath easy as you play, dont hold your breath ( you may not even realise your holding it yet...) and completly relax your fretting hand- and play those licks of yours ultra slow (like super beginnner slow) - could start of with ascending and descending chromatics just to get it going..

TRY IT!

ps how dumb am i for not doing this sooner- i bet everyone is already relaxing and iv just been on my own in the dark...

This post has been edited by DeepRoots: Aug 28 2007, 06:04 AM

+Quote Post
ZeCoyote
Sep 8 2007, 12:00 AM
I'm beginning to master 4 of the the Gabriel's rock lessons, not in the good tempo, neither with the fastest part. But i'm already very happy because it sounds rock and I have now a little catalog of rock riffs. Big thanks to Gabriel !!!

I gave up the "In the Style of Mark Knopfler". I'm not enough skilled in bend for now. It sounds awful with my finger and this lesson doesn't deserve it ! It is so good when Muris plays it !

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 8 2007, 12:40 AM
I just discovered another muting trick! And this has the potential to make a huge difference when I get it down. I actually saw it justinguitar.com while I was researching the spider technique mentioned in another post. Anyway, the trick is to use the first finger of your left hand to mute the lower pitched string immediately above the string you are playing when you are playing repetitive runs swapping between 2 strings (you finger a fret on the higher string but let the end of your finger just touch the lower pitched string) - its hard to mute those with your right hand as you have to keep moving it backwards and forwards really fast. This also has the potential to revolutionize my ascending pure legato runs (e.g. runs across 6 strings ascending with no picking whatsoever - I can do descending fairly well but can't do ascending cleanly). So, a lot of practice and I will be in way better muting shape smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Sep 17 2007, 10:57 AM
well, today my octaves have gotten ALOT better from Gabe's Octave licks lesson

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 7 2007, 06:40 PM) *
Anyway, the trick is to use the first finger of your left hand to mute the lower pitched string immediately above the string you are playing when you are playing repetitive runs swapping between 2 strings (you finger a fret on the higher string but let the end of your finger just touch the lower pitched string) -

Great Trick Andrew! Really works!

--------------------
You don't play the guitar, You play the music....

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effect Foot Pedal

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
Herman Li's Sound Enhancement Pedal
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

My Myspace: www.myspace.com/pacman12494

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 17 2007, 11:06 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 7 2007, 11:40 AM) *
I just discovered another muting trick! And this has the potential to make a huge difference when I get it down. I actually saw it justinguitar.com while I was researching the spider technique mentioned in another post. Anyway, the trick is to use the first finger of your left hand to mute the lower pitched string immediately above the string you are playing when you are playing repetitive runs swapping between 2 strings (you finger a fret on the higher string but let the end of your finger just touch the lower pitched string) - its hard to mute those with your right hand as you have to keep moving it backwards and forwards really fast. This also has the potential to revolutionize my ascending pure legato runs (e.g. runs across 6 strings ascending with no picking whatsoever - I can do descending fairly well but can't do ascending cleanly). So, a lot of practice and I will be in way better muting shape smile.gif

Do you pick each string once or do you do kind of a tapping thing where you do pure legato on all the strings? I have trouble with ascending legato muting too, let me know how it works out. My descending legato stuff works out fine.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 17 2007, 04:38 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Sep 17 2007, 06:06 AM) *
Do you pick each string once or do you do kind of a tapping thing where you do pure legato on all the strings? I have trouble with ascending legato muting too, let me know how it works out. My descending legato stuff works out fine.

At the moment, I do both. If I need to I can do runs down all 6 strings without picking, but due to noise, ascending (i.e. oing to a higher pitch) I pick every string once, and mute the lower strings to stop the noise. I am hoping to get to a point where I can change strings using this new technique and not have to pick at all for long passages.

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 17 2007, 04:58 PM
Lets go fishing!
This week my Vibrato seems to have come on leaps and bounds, ive been studying various players techniques and it seems to be paying off smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 20 2007, 11:25 AM
my SWEEPS are UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! biggrin.gif all this work lately has definately payed off!!!! im SUPER EXIITED!!!! they sound very clean to me, and i can play them a lot faster than before!!!! And i learned to play them even faster when i managed to do it while Relaxing!!, its awesome!

ill record my sweeps tomorrow hoping to get some feedback!! smile.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Understudy
Sep 24 2007, 08:52 AM
I have been reading too much theory..... But in the short time I have been here on the site, I have memorized the fretboard, my alternate picking is getting really comfortable ( just running scales and stuff ), and I have been working on my vibrato while working on scales and alternate picking. Still working on stretching my fingers for 5 fret reaches but it is coming along nicely. And thanks to all of you guys & gals for being so supportive and helpful with everything !!!

--------------------
Guitars Carvin DC-127 Ibanez RG-470
Accoustic Guitar Ovation Celebrity
Amp Marshall VS65R
Recording Gear Tascam Ministudio Porta 02 (Analog 4 track)
Boss DR-220 Dr. Rhythm Digital Drum Machine
Tuner Boss TU-12
Effects pedals Dunlop 535Q CryBaby, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Boss
CS-3 Compression Sustainer, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, Boss DD-5 Digital Delay

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 24 2007, 10:47 AM
QUOTE (Understudy @ Sep 24 2007, 01:52 AM) *
I have been reading too much theory..... But in the short time I have been here on the site, I have memorized the fretboard, my alternate picking is getting really comfortable ( just running scales and stuff ), and I have been working on my vibrato while working on scales and alternate picking. Still working on stretching my fingers for 5 fret reaches but it is coming along nicely. And thanks to all of you guys & gals for being so supportive and helpful with everything !!!

wow you memorized the fretboard??! ohmy.gif dang!! i wanna do that!! i think ill start soon! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 24 2007, 11:04 AM
Lets see. How have i Improved. Well im ALOT CLEANER NOW. So much more cleaner. My alternate picking is getting not to bad imo. raised my BPMs pretty nicely. Hmm what are they at. For Sixtinth note triplets (6 notes per beat right), i got them around 120 give or take a view since i use the only metrenome, and doesnt really have nubmers like that other than 100. And my sweeps are starting to become naturally. For me just practicing. OYEAH, my tapping. o boy. I almost forgot. Its becoming great, I can tap a few licks here and there tongue.gif .
But yeah my sweeps, are just naturally becoming more clean. I dont konw how. I dont practice sweepign much anymore. But there becoming cleaner somehow. Better right hand techqniue I guess, i just developed, working on Alternate picking. O YEAH I GOT THE FEEL NOW WOOT. The feel, as in The blues. I just got revewing over some Gabs stuff.

Lets see, I havent posted on here in a while so there is more. My legato is becoming better. Ive always preached about staying relax, most of you should know that. But i finally got that down, and now working on the tension part. "You have to be relaxed, but have certain amount of tension" Shawn Lane. I quote that alot tongue.gif. Yeah well I think im getting it now.

O yeah. I am now working on getting better calisus, cus the peeled sad.gif, but there coming along very nicely tongue.gif

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 27 2007, 07:54 AM
This Week:

Pavel's Luca Turilli Style Lesson

• 80 BPM
  • 100 BPM
  • 120 BPM
  • 140 BPM
  • 150 BPM

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:19 PM