Stephen Bruton - Country-blues-rock.
Jesse
Jul 28 2008, 10:31 AM
GMC:er
There is this guy which my parrents like, Stephen Bruton. His first? Or second, cd ROCKS! It's awesome, dazzling guitar work man! I've seen him 2 times live and I've met him. But there are NO tabs for any of his songs. If anyone can help me out? His songs are not on youtube so I'm going to post something on youtube for you to listen too. Please listen to a few songs like, What it is, and The face of love. It's rock and roll'ish. There is no lessons that covers anything of it. I've tried a few bits by ear but that doesnt work out. If anyone can do a lesson on this, or make me a tab if he's got spare time, I'd be grateful till the day I stop playing guitar. He has got awesome solo's and amazing rythm.

This Train Is GoneAwesome breaks and rythm.
What it is
The face of love. The best one! With a rlly nice solo!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jesse: Jul 28 2008, 02:56 PM

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 28 2008, 03:10 PM
No instructors want to do this?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jul 29 2008, 01:37 PM
Instructor
For sure a difficult one to do...most of the time metal/rock style lessons are easy job, I may work on this one but I need time

biggrin.gif

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 29 2008, 01:45 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jul 28 2008, 11:31 AM) *
This Train Is GoneAwesome breaks and rythm.
What it is
The face of love. The best one! With a rlly nice solo!

haha the picture on The face of love with the Marktplaats.nl logo tongue.gif

He's prety good laugh.gif

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Jul 29 2008, 01:45 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 29 2008, 02:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Dave O'Toole would be perfect for this :/

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jul 30 2008, 09:03 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Jul 29 2008, 03:49 PM) *
Dave O'Toole would be perfect for this :/

Mmmm, O'Toole, where did you go?

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
David OToole
Aug 27 2008, 02:17 AM
Instructor
The boy's back in town! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 27 2008, 01:04 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (David OToole @ Aug 26 2008, 09:17 PM) *

No way! Welcome back David!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 27 2008, 05:00 PM
Learning Roadie
cool.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
David OToole
Aug 27 2008, 06:13 PM
Instructor
Yes Way smile.gif. How goes it Mr. C! Hows tricks? hope yer keeping well ...

Yeh its been a while but I was a very busy lad and had to sort out a few things. But I'm back in the zone of reality and 6 stringdom!

The ol' place here is lookin' well!

Yo JVM!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 27 2008, 06:28 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Certainly we have grown since you were last oevr this way - things are going great smile.gif Can we expect some new lessons soon?

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
David OToole
Aug 27 2008, 06:54 PM
Instructor
Yeh I wrote to Kris last night on that and I'm 'rarin' to go' as we say here in Éire - that's Ireland btw smile.gif. As soon as he sends me the token I'll be smokin'! lol

I have a load of lessons I've had in mind for ages just couldn't get around to do them. But I'm a-ready now and absolutely dying to get back into it. Don't wanna sound 2 soppy but I missed all the goings on here + you guys ... aah smile.gif.

Had 2 sort out a few PC problems too. But I'm on on top of them at last. Codec probs and nasty stuff like that, hard to track down. And also my PC is in English these days not German which is a help I have to say. Ja ich spreche ein bischen Deutch aber nicht viel smile.gif.

Yeh the whole site and forums etc looks great, I can see the major progress. When you've been away from it a while it comes back at you! Looking forward to going through it all.

I'm gigging away here to with a m8 of mine and got back into that too which has been a long time on the wish list. Picked up a Vox Tonelab recently, its neat. Needs a bit of work to get the sounds sorted but getting there. Oh and I treated myself to a Boss BCB Pedal Board to house all my pedals and they all fit in perfectly. I used to make my boards but have been through a few. Generally when traveling I'd strip them down cos they were usually too big to be moving around on flights etc. But now I'm Mr. Neat smile.gif.

And your good self?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Aug 27 2008, 09:45 PM
Instructor
Great to see you here again Dave!!

Really looking forward to your new lessons biggrin.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
David OToole
Aug 27 2008, 11:40 PM
Instructor
Ah thanx a mil Marcus me too smile.gif!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Aug 28 2008, 06:36 PM
Mr O toole !!! Great that your back, please take a look at the songs I posted at the start of the Topic!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Aug 30 2008, 11:51 AM
QUOTE (David OToole @ Aug 27 2008, 03:17 AM) *

YEY!
Welcome back!
You've been missed.
*tears in eyes*

This post has been edited by blindwillie: Aug 30 2008, 01:23 PM

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Aug 30 2008, 12:05 PM
Hey biggrin.gif Welcome back David
Missed your lesson smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
David OToole
Aug 30 2008, 02:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jesse @ Aug 28 2008, 06:36 PM) *
Mr O toole !!! Great that your back, please take a look at the songs I posted at the start of the Topic!

I'm onto that Jesse! And thanx all 4 the kind words lads, looking forward to getting a few new ones out there on the good ol' GMC!

This post has been edited by David OToole: Aug 30 2008, 03:35 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:14 PM