2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Hours?
superize
Jul 30 2007, 11:15 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
How many hours per day i play is very different.

some days i can play 5-6 hours and some days only one.

It all depends on what mood i am in, what the weather is like, if i have enough time because i do a lot of sports so my time is limited.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ttask
Jul 30 2007, 11:35 PM
GMC:er
I really have a lot of work these weeks so I'm glad if I can play one hour when I'm back home sad.gif
Even when I have more time, my left hand fingers get really tired after two hours of playing. I hope that practice does make perfect!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
St.DAnger
Jul 30 2007, 11:46 PM
Hey you're practice heroes, i just practice 1 hour a day, i must change that (thanks for motivation) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
deanrzrback
Jul 31 2007, 04:21 AM
Man I wish I could practice as long as some of u. Between a full time job and school full time and an 11yr old playing football, I'm lucky to get an hour.

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Jul 31 2007, 04:51 AM
I spend around 6 hour. I start with strech Techniques and then scale and mode work with a metronome... Then i try to creat a small solo or riff using what i just practiced... then i play over backing tracks i recorded... Then some sweeping and chords, and more recently ive been doing what steve vai does, say sentence then try to play it on the guitar... all while build my chops!!

This post has been edited by ibanezkiller: Jul 31 2007, 04:51 AM

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post
betschart
Aug 1 2007, 03:20 AM
I own BF. wink.gif

--------------------
Epi LP Custom (Bare Knuckle Black Dogs)
Cheap Strat Copy
Taylor Baby Acoustic
Some pedals & a Pod XT Live
Fender Hot Rod DeVille

+Quote Post
Otto
Aug 1 2007, 03:12 PM
+5 hours a day???

Im on holiday now so can play alot but when working its like this:
Work: 20:00-06:00
Sleep: 07:00-13:00
then the options (humour) but a little bit of thruth in it

(A) Complain about Life 13:00-13:05 OR (cool.gif 13:00-13:30 Wake up in a good mood
If if its a B day then I can play for maybe 2 hours, a good day YES!
anyway I play most when I get a whole day off, but have to try to play alittle everyday, atleast 1 hour a day.

Note to myself, remember to play a little everyday! smile.gif

+Quote Post
chast
Aug 1 2007, 04:49 PM
Learning Roadie
I play 63 hours a day, for doing that, I've to do a timewarp... biggrin.gif
I just love that parody about John Petrucci^^

I dont know how much I practice maybe 2 hours a day, that is not that much, but I cant play more, because after 2 hours my fingers dont want to do what I what them do.
Than I stop practing and pickup the guitar another time for maybe half an hour or something like that.

So I really dont know how much time I spend on practing, but mostly I think around 2 hours a day smile.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
fire
Aug 1 2007, 06:37 PM
I practice 2-5hours regullary days, in the weekend less and, on holiday like now up to 8hours (:
no routine just play when I like. I dont play them at one piece, either. It keeps the motivation level up, doing something else from time to time (:

tobi

--------------------
If you think you understood what I said, you neglect that the things you hear, are different from the thing I thought of. - Got it?

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 1 2007, 06:46 PM
Idk it really varies. I like to get 3 hours of solid playing on good days. But when im not playing im reading theory, studying various types of music, and expanding my musical status with the tools around me! I do like to play very late at night though. Sometimes I stay up to 2am just playing. smile.gif

- John smile.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Rik Veldhuizen
Aug 1 2007, 06:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well, married, 2 kids and work... I'm lucky to get about 20 minutes of practice a day smile.gif But hey, better something than nothing... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 2 2007, 02:16 AM
QUOTE (Rik Veldhuizen @ Aug 1 2007, 11:54 AM) *
Well, married, 2 kids and work... I'm lucky to get about 20 minutes of practice a day smile.gif But hey, better something than nothing... laugh.gif

very true, keep practicing dude. smile.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Sergeant_Ant
Aug 2 2007, 02:20 AM
awesome smile.gif umm some people say its better to practice in the morning so your pushing harder, some say its better late at night because you can play better in the morning (odd..) but does that effect any of you guys? i try to practice morning, noon and night but i was wondering what you guys thought?

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

"Whenever society gets too stifling and the rules get too complex, there's some sort of musical explosion" - Slash / Guns 'n Roses

"Play the music, not the instrument." - Author Unknown

Equpiment
Guitars: Ibanez RG350EX
Fender Stratocaster S-S-S
Effects: None
Amps: Fender SP-10

www.myspace.com/sergeantant

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:36 PM