> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

18 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Mad's Mad Rhythm Corner
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 17 2012, 09:41 AM
Instructor
Wow biggrin.gif Hey Marc! This is good mate!

The one thing which you can do about the clean tone is to make it brighter - it is too dark at this point and it doesn't push through - maybe turning up the highs a bit?

Also, during the muted riffing in the verse part - let it ring and just palm mute it smile.gif You are currently stopping it with your left hand also and this takes a lot out of its weight smile.gif

Let's see the rest!!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mad
Dec 26 2012, 06:30 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I'll work on a few more parts today and take care of the tone and the muting. Maybe I can upload another take today..

And I resurrected the metal metrics4 lesson, I'll upload another take for you to look over today wink.gif
That one bugged me in the past and I know I can do this lesson better.

Another one (sorry smile.gif ) is it possible for you to show me how you play the verse riff of this lesson (https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Djent-Time-Signatures/). I'm not sure if I play it right, and in the video section I can't figure out the correct playing sad.gif

Thanks!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mad
Dec 26 2012, 09:17 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
OK, here is the take for MM4:

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 27 2012, 08:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Dec 26 2012, 05:30 PM) *
I'll work on a few more parts today and take care of the tone and the muting. Maybe I can upload another take today..

And I resurrected the metal metrics4 lesson, I'll upload another take for you to look over today wink.gif
That one bugged me in the past and I know I can do this lesson better.

Another one (sorry smile.gif ) is it possible for you to show me how you play the verse riff of this lesson (https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Djent-Time-Signatures/). I'm not sure if I play it right, and in the video section I can't figure out the correct playing sad.gif

Thanks!!

Hey Marc, sure thing man - could you drop by the video chat session tonight? I can talk about it in there for you biggrin.gif

The only thing you should work on a bit more for the MM4, would be the vibrato, which needs to be wider biggrin.gif Otherwise, k-blaam! Good job mate!

Can't wait to see the Meta lesson biggrin.gif Oh, oh, let me know when you need THAT backing track wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
mad
Dec 27 2012, 03:59 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Mpfh - always that vibrato blink.gif tongue.gif
Will upload vibrato only (suppose it's the one on 3rd fret 6th string you have in mind..) tests for you to look/listen over and hope for some tips on that....

Meta is so much fun to play! And yes - I'll let you know!! biggrin.gif cool.gif

Marc

+Quote Post
mad
Dec 27 2012, 06:51 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
OK, just did another full recording..

https://soundcloud.com/mad-gmc/mm4take2-2

I think that's just all I have to offer now (with my guitar)
See you in the v-chat (I try to check in early, because I have loads of guitar-work to do atm tongue.gif )

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 28 2012, 08:50 AM
Instructor
Good morning there my friend!

The vibrato is still small and rushed and yes it's the one you mentioned on the Eb found on the 3rd fret on the 6th string - you need to widen it and make it angry as hell!! biggrin.gif When I recorded this riff on the Voodoo album, the song itself gave me a Zakk Wylde vibe, so I tried to be as aggressive and wide and big as possible. As you said, I think that your idea with recording that bit while trying to emulate various styles of vibrato can prove very productive - let's go for it!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
mad
Dec 28 2012, 09:35 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
oh man.. biggrin.gif
I recently heard some Black Label Society tunes and yes.. that vibrato is killer.. especially those on that 6th fret.
Ok, I'll record that suggested part and upload a few attempts asap!
And thanks again for playing that drop A- riff for me in the v-chat yesterday! That helped to clear some things.. just because I listened to the recordings and the audio in the lesson and it always sounded to me as you played two PM open A's before that first hammer-on lick. And when playing slow it was ok.. but when going faster it still sounds good, but I always got timing issues ohmy.gif

Later
Marc

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 28 2012, 09:37 AM
Instructor
The pleasure was all mine man smile.gif

Don't rush - that one is pretty nasty and it will take some time and patience to get it sounding tight and in good timing!

Let me know when you got the vibrato take uploaded biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
mad
Dec 29 2012, 08:43 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Yes it is biggrin.gif
I'll upload something today.. I recognized, that doing a vibrato at the lower register, 6th string, works better when I use my second finger instead - is that ok, too? Or is it kinda cheating?

+Quote Post
mad
Dec 29 2012, 09:09 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
OK, here's a small demo with a loop of these vibrato-parts (without backing):

https://soundcloud.com/mad-gmc/mm4vibratotest

Edit: Just recognized that you're using 3 fingers to get that vibrato.. will give this a try, too biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by mad: Dec 29 2012, 09:11 PM

+Quote Post
mad
Dec 29 2012, 09:37 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
So that one should match it quite close, what do you think?

https://soundcloud.com/mad-gmc/mm4vibratotest2

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 30 2012, 12:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Dec 29 2012, 07:43 PM) *
Yes it is biggrin.gif
I'll upload something today.. I recognized, that doing a vibrato at the lower register, 6th string, works better when I use my second finger instead - is that ok, too? Or is it kinda cheating?

No way bro! There's no such thing as cheating in music smile.gif Unless you ask someone to record something and then you say that you did it biggrin.gif

QUOTE (mad @ Dec 29 2012, 08:37 PM) *
So that one should match it quite close, what do you think?

https://soundcloud.com/mad-gmc/mm4vibratotest2

Good! This is getting close, but I want even more biggrin.gif Can you make it more defined? It feels a bit blurry still smile.gif Sorry if I'm being such a nag, but I want you to get this perfect so that you'll keep this skill for the rest of your days!

+Quote Post
mad
Dec 30 2012, 03:22 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
No, no - thank you for being a nag biggrin.gif (the better for me) But I really don't know what you mean huh.gif
Could you show it to me somehow?? Maybe it's the tone that makes it little blurry, too?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 30 2012, 03:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Dec 30 2012, 02:22 PM) *
No, no - thank you for being a nag biggrin.gif (the better for me) But I really don't know what you mean huh.gif
Could you show it to me somehow?? Maybe it's the tone that makes it little blurry, too?

It's in the hand - not the tone, you need to dabble with it until it sounds right - we could take a little look at it in the chat room these days when you have a few minutes wink.gif let's settle a time and we can do this

+Quote Post
mad
Dec 30 2012, 05:10 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Cool! How about today @ 7pm GMT?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 30 2012, 05:37 PM
Instructor
Uh oh does that mean 9 PM My time?

+Quote Post
mad
Dec 30 2012, 05:52 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Yes.. and 8pm my time - too early, or too late??

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 30 2012, 05:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Dec 30 2012, 04:52 PM) *
Yes.. and 8pm my time - too early, or too late??

Let's do it in 2hrs and 30 min from now - that's 7.30 PM GMT wink.gif What say you?

+Quote Post
mad
Dec 30 2012, 06:00 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
That's perfect for me smile.gif cya

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:28 PM