2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Seymour Duncan/ Mayones Guitar Solo Competition, win free guitar !!
DeGroot
Jan 10 2013, 10:17 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Hey all! Some of you might be interested in this guitar competition. Maybe some of you know about it already. Figured I'd share it with GMC. If anything, its a real awesome backing track to practice to. (written by Keith Merrow) Grand prize is a Mayones guitar!

I was inspired to put in an entry. A lot of my ideas here are a direct influence from being at GMC the last year. I don't have high expectations as most players in the contest can play circles around me. Mostly did it for fun and come up with a more melodic approach. Feedback on this is welcomed, as I'm always trying to improve. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jan 10 2013, 10:42 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Very nice solo Mr D !! Really tasty, I like it a lot.. I announce you to be the .. Winner!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 10 2013, 11:12 PM
Instructor
I can tell you that this is a serious playing! All the best !!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 11 2013, 01:16 AM
GMC:er
Mate, I wish you all the best with that, it's a class bit of playing!!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 11 2013, 02:09 AM
Learning Roadie
I was wondering if someone was going to post this. I have been working on my solo for weeks. I almost have it ready. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 11 2013, 04:04 AM
Why the HELL isn't Instructor by your name Joe? I wanna learn this.... wink.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 11 2013, 08:32 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Thanks for the encouraging words and taking the time to watch! biggrin.gif

There has to be about 500 entries and counting already. I think some of our instructors here could take a shot at the contest and win the prize.
This Mayones guitar looks very nice. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blister
Jan 12 2013, 02:26 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm always impressed by your takes, man! Good job! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jan 13 2013, 08:04 AM
Tone Seeker
Wow very emotional composition. I like it.
I have seen so many takes on this in YT. Strange though many people ignore the intro and start shredding from 0:13.

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 13 2013, 09:38 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
I believe the bass/drum intro. was not required to play over so many just skipped it. I just put the chords over the intro in mine at the last minute. I wouldn't mind going back and changing a few parts now but thats usually how it goes.

yeah, a lot of crazy shredding in this contest. Some very inspiring takes. Made me realize I have to put more thought into my video presentation. smile.gif Some of them are very cool with multiple camera angles, etc.

This post has been edited by DeGroot: Jan 13 2013, 09:38 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 13 2013, 05:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jan 10 2013, 09:17 PM) *
Hey all! Some of you might be interested in this guitar competition. Maybe some of you know about it already. Figured I'd share it with GMC. If anything, its a real awesome backing track to practice to. (written by Keith Merrow) Grand prize is a Mayones guitar!

I was inspired to put in an entry. A lot of my ideas here are a direct influence from being at GMC the last year. I don't have high expectations as most players in the contest can play circles around me. Mostly did it for fun and come up with a more melodic approach. Feedback on this is welcomed, as I'm always trying to improve. smile.gif

Hey DG! Congrats on a great entry man! You have my support, so where do I vote - do we have to vote??

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 13 2013, 06:58 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 13 2013, 04:38 PM) *
Hey DG! Congrats on a great entry man! You have my support, so where do I vote - do we have to vote??

I don't believe public gets a vote. I think whomever is backing this contest are to selected 5 finalist on Jan. 20th. From there, a panel of judges will select the winner! I've been watching a lot of the entries and am looking forward to see who they select.

I'm hoping some you guys are on this committee. biggrin.gif Seriously though, thanks for the support and comments!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 13 2013, 11:36 PM
Instructor
Yeah, I discovered this competition yesterday and I downloaded the amazing backing track. I will check your video from another conexion because as I said in another thread, Youtube is blocked in this one... mad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
zoom
Jan 14 2013, 12:30 AM
Learning Roadie
Awesome take Degroot! Very tasty. Maybe the video is the only let down bit but you rocked the hell out of it! (This piece is now in heaven) laugh.gif

This post has been edited by zoom: Jan 14 2013, 12:32 AM

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 14 2013, 05:10 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 13 2013, 10:36 PM) *
Yeah, I discovered this competition yesterday and I downloaded the amazing backing track. I will check your video from another conexion because as I said in another thread, Youtube is blocked in this one... mad.gif

Are you thinking of joining the competition? That would be cool to hear your leads over this track. smile.gif

QUOTE (zoom @ Jan 13 2013, 11:30 PM) *
Awesome take Degroot! Very tasty. Maybe the video is the only let down bit but you rocked the hell out of it! (This piece is now in heaven) laugh.gif

laugh.gif Awesome, thanks a lot zoom

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 14 2013, 10:02 AM
Instructor
I watched the entries - man this is going to be tough!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 14 2013, 03:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jan 14 2013, 01:10 AM) *
Are you thinking of joining the competition? That would be cool to hear your leads over this track. smile.gif

I would really like it! but I think that I found this one a bit late, it ends on January 20th... I'm not sure if I will be able to prepare something before that date.

Your take is really good! I like it. Great technique, licks and tone. Well done. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jan 14 2013, 10:40 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
I have been watching over youtube a lot of entries and I am surprisingly very bored: %90 of the takes do sweeping + tapping over the same scales. Is it me or do you guys agree ??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
Jan 14 2013, 11:01 PM
Awesome playing DeGroot!

+Quote Post
Fayeed Tan
Jan 15 2013, 02:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jan 10 2013, 10:17 PM) *

biggrin.gif hey nice entry! you have a good sense of melody and nice tone too! smile.gif wish you the best of luck on this contest.

--------------------
https://soundcloud.com/fayeedtan/el-nino-original-version
FOLLOW ME! www.facebook.com/fayeedtan
SUBSCRIBE! www.youtube.com/user/Fayeedtan/
FOLLOW ME! www.twitter.com/FayeedTAN
FOLLOW ME! www.soundcloud.com/fayeedtan

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:56 PM