Tuning Help!, :[ Benn trying to figure this out for a while.
Marco Fattori
Mar 29 2010, 11:23 PM
GMC:er
Okay so I'm interested to transcribe this song, its ridiculously hard to tab out by ear, but the problem is I don't know what tuning it might be in.

The Band "Deluhi" song name "Ivory and Irony" They used to be in drop c# standard, but now they play in Drop C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evAmHLfhdEk

I can guess on Drop C# Standard, being one and a half steps down dropping the C# to a B. Its either that or a very heavy tone, listen around the chorus of the song how heavy it sounds. Generally the song is very muffled and is almost impossible to transcribe. :[

Could you let me know what tuning it might be in?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Mar 29 2010, 11:47 PM
Learning Tone Master
I love Deluhi! I have spendt some time figuering out various parts of many of their songs, but all I've tried has been tuned to drop C.. I didn't think they ever were in any other tuning. But it seems there are low B's in this song smile.gif So whatever tuning allows for low B's to exist should work fine. There doesnt seem to be much other open notes used in the song, I think. So if you think they used to be in drop B tuning, than that should seem just fine smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Marco Fattori
Mar 29 2010, 11:55 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Mar 30 2010, 12:47 AM) *
I love Deluhi! I have spendt some time figuering out various parts of many of their songs, but all I've tried has been tuned to drop C.. I didn't think they ever were in any other tuning. But it seems there are low B's in this song smile.gif So whatever tuning allows for low B's to exist should work fine. There doesnt seem to be much other open notes used in the song, I think. So if you think they used to be in drop B tuning, than that should seem just fine smile.gif

Finally someone who likes Deluhi too, I have fully transcribed Orion Once Again, Two Hurt(New Version), Hybrid Truth (correct way) and all of S[k]ape Goat. Maybe we can collaborate! lol

But yea, this ones a hard one, the first chord is like either idk, someone try and figure it out.

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Mar 30 2010, 12:47 AM
Learning Tone Master
Wow, that is more than I would be able to do smile.gif Well, maybye after -a lot- of work tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Mar 30 2010, 12:54 AM

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Mar 30 2010, 12:02 PM
Learning Tone Master
I noticed you double posted this in Zsolt's forum. So for yourself and for anyone else wondering, I'll just link his answer as well. (it was different from mine unsure.gif tongue.gif )

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:23 PM