New Cirse's Song!
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 29 2015, 11:37 PM
Instructor
Hey guys!! This is a new song from my band! We'll release a new EP and this is the first single. I hope that you like it!

Lyrics are very important so maybe you'll want to use a translator from Spanish to your main language:

DESPERTÉ
YA NO HAY GANAS DE ENTENDER
LO QUE ESTÁS DICIENDO.
SIN QUERER... TODO LO QUE IMAGINÉ,
EMPIEZA A AGONIZAR

SON TUS RESPUESTAS,
QUE ME HICIERON REACCIONAR,
Y TU INMENSA HABILIDAD, DE ESTAR MINTIENDO

NO ES LA PRIMERA VEZ
QUE NO CUMPLIS CON TUS PROMESAS
Y NO HAY FORMA DE VOLVER
A CREER. NO SÉ POR QUE
DECIDÌS PONERME A PRUEBA
YA NO QUIERO SER... QUIEN PAGUE TU ERROR

NADIE ESPERA VER, LO QUE NO VA A SUCEDER
A LA LUZ DEL SOL. ES TU SOBERBIA
QUE QUIERE HACERME DESQUICIAR
DESPERTÓ MI MALESTAR QUE ESTÀ CRECIENDO.

SON TUS PROMESAS
QUE ME HICIERON RESIGNAR
Y EN CADA INVIERNO
VUELVO A SEPULTAR, LO QUE JAMAS ABANDONÉ.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Apr 29 2015, 11:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Sweeeeeet!!! cool.gif

There's something about listening to a killer track in another language that pumps me up!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Apr 30 2015, 07:44 AM
Learning Tone Master
Awesome song, I love it!!! smile.gif
In my country it's a new trend and more bands started to make songs in spanish language. So, I'm used to hear lyrics in spanish very often and I really like this smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 30 2015, 07:59 AM
GMC:er
VER COOL!! Have you guys ever thought about releasing songs in English at the same time? That google translator is a bit crap!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 29 2015, 06:37 PM) *
Hey guys!! This is a new song from my band! We'll release a new EP and this is the first single. I hope that you like it!

Lyrics are very important so maybe you'll want to use a translator from Spanish to your main language:

DESPERTÉ
YA NO HAY GANAS DE ENTENDER
LO QUE ESTÁS DICIENDO.
SIN QUERER... TODO LO QUE IMAGINÉ,
EMPIEZA A AGONIZAR

SON TUS RESPUESTAS,
QUE ME HICIERON REACCIONAR,
Y TU INMENSA HABILIDAD, DE ESTAR MINTIENDO

NO ES LA PRIMERA VEZ
QUE NO CUMPLIS CON TUS PROMESAS
Y NO HAY FORMA DE VOLVER
A CREER. NO SÉ POR QUE
DECIDÌS PONERME A PRUEBA
YA NO QUIERO SER... QUIEN PAGUE TU ERROR

NADIE ESPERA VER, LO QUE NO VA A SUCEDER
A LA LUZ DEL SOL. ES TU SOBERBIA
QUE QUIERE HACERME DESQUICIAR
DESPERTÓ MI MALESTAR QUE ESTÀ CRECIENDO.

SON TUS PROMESAS
QUE ME HICIERON RESIGNAR
Y EN CADA INVIERNO
VUELVO A SEPULTAR, LO QUE JAMAS ABANDONÉ.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 30 2015, 02:35 PM
Instructor
Thanks for the nice comments friends! I'm proud to say that the song is generating a very cool reaction in Cirse's fans here. We've been thinking on English versions many times, but honestly we didn't find the time to do it yet. However there are a few old songs in English that you could check, but it's old material.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 30 2015, 02:46 PM
That's my favorite Cirse tune!
I dig the modulated semi-clean guitar tones and all the different changes the song goes through starting at 2:14. Also very cool that you end on a 'bridge' section instead of the chorus.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Apr 30 2015, 02:51 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 30 2015, 03:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Apr 30 2015, 10:46 AM) *
That's my favorite Cirse tune!
I dig the modulated semi-clean guitar tones and all the different changes the song goes through starting at 2:14. Also very cool that you end on a 'bridge' section instead of the chorus.

Thanks for your words mate. This is a song in which the studio production has been very important. I recorded different layers of guitar to get the different atmospheres in the song. We didn't work on each song in the same way, but this one deserved this treatment.

For example, on chorus, there is a rhythm guitar. an acoustic guitar, a dist guitar playing arpeggios and guitar melody. Everything is mixed trying to create a complex but nice to here texture. I'm also proud of the work done by my band mates, drums, bass, vocals, everything is very cool to follow and hear.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 30 2015, 04:02 PM
I love big productions ... especially when they don't sound like it and are in the service of the song.

*It would probably be very instructive if you detailed exactly what and how you did it - ?

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 30 2015, 05:15 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
excellent track, Gab smile.gif
The whole production is great. The guitar tones and riffs are especially tasty smile.gif
Luciana has an amazing voice.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Huargo
Apr 30 2015, 05:35 PM
Tone Seeker
Congrats!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 30 2015, 09:41 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
All amazing, the voice is so sexy too. It has made me want to learn Spanish.

AWESOME. cool.gif

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 1 2015, 03:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Apr 30 2015, 12:02 PM) *
I love big productions ... especially when they don't sound like it and are in the service of the song.

*It would probably be very instructive if you detailed exactly what and how you did it - ?

Well, we felt that the track needed that type of arrangement so we started to add layers in the studio. The first thing recorded were very simple rhythm guitars. The rhythm guitarist recorded simple chords on verses and chords played with strumming in the chorus. Then, I pick up the guitar and started working on verses and bridge. I had some melodic ideas in mind that I used as starting point but I honestly improvised melodic ideas over the verses and bridge. If you follow the melodic arpeggios played there, you will notice that there is not a logical cycle there, it just evolves. If happens the same thing on verse two where we decided to let 2 improvisations together panned. We tried it and it in the mix and it worked really cool!

On chorus, I first added and arpeggio idea. which has a repetitive rhythm that goes tight with the drum (snare) and follows the chords. Then, as we weren't sure if both guitars would fill the whole guitar spectrum well, I recorded the chords played with the same first strumming but in a higher octave (very close to the arpeggios).

After that, I started to improvise melodies over the chorus until we got something cool, then we developed it more and more, until we got the melody that we liked, and I recorded it over the different choruses.

Finally, I added an acoustic guitar, again with the same strumming to add that nice "steel strings" sound that can be heard in the chorus.

When I got home, I felt that the tune would sound good with some piano and synths, so I used reason and some other vsti to record piano and synth on bridge and part after the riffs where I also added an electronic drum loop.

At home I also added those single note slides with delay that appear here and there, the rhythmical delay idea on bridges, and also some guitar on the last bridge (before the last chorus).

So you can see that it has a lot of elements. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 2 2015, 09:00 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Wow, that's a great song!
Can't wait for the EP smile.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 3 2015, 05:12 PM
Instructor
Thanks mate! The EP will be available for Spotify and Itunes at the end of June. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:51 PM