3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
What's Your Favorite Piece Of Music From Any Video Game?, Music simulator games don't count ex.Guitar Hero, Dance Dance Revo
Wyvernx
Sep 8 2007, 02:22 PM
GMC:er
For me there are really only two songs or tracks or whatever you want to call it.
Both are really awesome but I really can't pick one
1. Tragic Prince (a.k.a Clock Tower) from Castlevania Symphony of the Night
2. Wily Stage 1 from Megaman II both the original game version and the cover version by The Minibosses.
Here's a link for the first the original version of the song and some gameplay footage, this is possibly my favorite PS1 game
http://youtube.com/watch?v=N19UGXVkVzI <-Tragic Prince
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vLKuzdxp0UM <-pretty close to the original

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Sep 8 2007, 02:27 PM
Final Fantasy has some amazing music. I think "To Zanarkand" from Final Fantasy X is one of the most beautiful piano pieces ever written...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Wyvernx
Sep 8 2007, 02:29 PM
QUOTE (Zephyr @ Sep 8 2007, 06:27 AM) *
Final Fantasy has some amazing music. I think "To Zanarkand" from Final Fantasy X is one of the most beautiful piano pieces ever written...

aw geez! That reminded me, I forgot the One Winged Angel from Final Fantasy VII! oh well that is my favorite orchestral piece!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 8 2007, 03:51 PM
any songs from FF VII and FF IX.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 8 2007, 04:38 PM
Lets go fishing!
Shadow of the Beast 2 Music on the Commodor Amiga - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGf5xpaRIx8

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Sep 8 2007, 05:32 PM
The Metal Gear Solid main theme, it's variants and Thalamusik from the MSX game Sanxion are amongst my favorites, altough I like a lot of other video game tunes as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 8 2007, 06:20 PM
Instructor
I like music from prince Of Persia: Warrior Within - especially the main piano theme and also all of the music from Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.

Medal OF Honor and Call OF Duty also has some great music.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 8 2007, 06:31 PM
Lets go fishing!
Man im showing my age chooseing an Amiga game laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Sep 8 2007, 06:33 PM
I'm not sure if these are my favourites, but the two that I come to think of is:

This song from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: (If you haven't played twilight princess and don't want any spoilers at all, don't watch the video. It's not a major spoiler, but the title of the song might spoil something, so.. You have been warned!)
EDIT: And don't watch the comments if you haven't played it, since there are idiots spoiling the whole game there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5INdroUZoyQ

And, of course, the hyrule field theme from OOT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfjVgwC3s8E

But I have to add aswell that I agree with pavel on the fact that Oblivion has great music!

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Sep 8 2007, 06:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
Sep 8 2007, 06:41 PM
All the pieces of the game "shadow of the colossus"...so beautiful *cryes* biggrin.gif and of course the theme *to zanarkand* of Final Fantasy 10 biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 8 2007, 06:42 PM
Instructor
Man what's the game about? Music is awesome!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Davidian
Sep 8 2007, 06:44 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Pavel @ Sep 8 2007, 07:20 PM) *
I like music from prince Of Persia: Warrior Within - especially the main piano theme

I totally agree!
And I remeber that in some levels (I think it was somewhere in the beginning), some kind of metal song played... But I don't know what's the name of it, or what band it was.
Do you know it?

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
Gen
Sep 8 2007, 06:51 PM
well pavel, here s a really old trailer of the game, i dont know if you was asking to me biggrin.gif but here it is http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=r4po_D4bsdA

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Sep 8 2007, 06:58 PM
And if you were talking to me, pavel, here's a trailer on Twilight Princess:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqUqxVKd5q0

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 8 2007, 07:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gen @ Sep 8 2007, 07:51 PM) *
well pavel, here s a really old trailer of the game, i dont know if you was asking to me biggrin.gif but here it is http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=r4po_D4bsdA

I was actually asking Fsgdjv but we posted at the same time AND the trailer you posted rocks! Great music! That's just what i like! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Sep 8 2007, 07:46 PM
Halo 2 theme, with Steve Vai on it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KWwQTmRc6k

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 8 2007, 08:13 PM
Lets go fishing!
This is a really great topic choice ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 8 2007, 09:34 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Nobuo Uematsu - Aeris' Theme

From Final Fantasy VII, one of my favorite pieces of music EVER.

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Sep 8 2007, 09:35 PM

+Quote Post
chast
Sep 8 2007, 11:07 PM
Learning Roadie
The one and only Super Mario Theme biggrin.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Gen
Sep 8 2007, 11:22 PM
QUOTE (chast @ Sep 9 2007, 12:07 AM) *
The one and only Super Mario Theme biggrin.gif

Indeed!!!! "its me! mario"(mario s voice) biggrin.gif

--------------------

Marty Friedman -

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:03 PM