2 Pages V   1 2 >  
First Song You Air Guitared To?!, age - place - band/artist
Granium
Jun 26 2007, 06:53 PM
GMC:er
My first air guitar was in my living room, age 7 or 8 to status quo, rocking all over the world...and i like it i like i like it i like it i la la la like lalala like...here we gooo'o rockin' all over the world!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jun 26 2007, 07:04 PM
QUOTE (Granium @ Jun 26 2007, 01:53 PM) *
My first air guitar was in my living room, age 7 or 8 to status quo, rocking all over the world...and i like it i like i like it i like it i la la la like lalala like...here we gooo'o rockin' all over the world!

I was like 8.... in my kitchen, I don't remember which Song it was, But It was some kinda Van Halen Style Tapping Solo

LOL

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 26 2007, 08:00 PM
A classic. "Deep Purple - Smoke on the water" from Live in Japan. I was 14 I think and, hate to say this, the album was just released

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 26 2007, 08:22 PM
Ha ha I love this topic. I think we all can honestly say that prior to playing guitar , we air guitared to a couple of songs we heard on the radio. Occasionally I will still Air Guitar to a song late at night to get my blood flowing. It gives me the inspiration to learn what I just heard.

Man , I was 8 when I first heard Van Halen's Eruption. I went crazy.

tongue.gif biggrin.gif

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Aaron
Jun 26 2007, 10:47 PM
the first song i air-guitared (which would be when i was 7) was "ONE" by metallica

--------------------
DON'T BUG ME ... I'M PRACTICING

Gear: (new) fender strat , 25g frontman amp,
Wishlist: Ibanez Jem, Flying V natural.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 26 2007, 11:37 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Holy Wars by Megadeth, first time i heard it, i couldnt help, i guess i must of been about 8 or so.

+Quote Post
Matt
Jun 27 2007, 01:23 PM
smoke on the water when i was 5 years old tongue.gif my uncle was really into jimi hendrix and deep purple and thats probably where i heard it from

--------------------
"Keep Bleeding On 'Til The Day You Die, Forever Love it Loud" - Black Label Society

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 27 2007, 03:26 PM
I cant remember ever Air guitaring to anything, but I did have this red little plastic guitar, shaped as a strat, and I pretended that I played with my dad when he was playing, lol laugh.gif It wasnt a real guitar, just a play guitar tongue.gif

+Quote Post
goat
Jun 29 2007, 09:33 PM
Somewhere in my dad's attic there's a video tape of me at the age of 5, air guitaring to "Hot Dog and a Shake" by David Lee Roth. I pray that video doesn't fall into the wrong hands tongue.gif

Call of Ktulu (Metallica, off of Ride the Lightning) was another of my favorite air-jammers too.

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 29 2007, 10:26 PM
Is it bad, that i have never air guitared before?

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 29 2007, 11:23 PM
Don't fear Ryan. Paramedics are on the way. smile.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
RodneyU
Jun 30 2007, 12:05 AM
Great topic. Don't remember the specific song, but for sure remember the band. AC/DC. I was 8 or 9 and around the late 70's.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jun 30 2007, 12:25 AM
Learning Tone Master
Must have been Highway to Hell or Welcome to the Jungle when I was about 10 years old

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Igorrr
Jun 30 2007, 12:31 AM
This is almost an outing ;-)

I guess it must be Bon Jovi "Dead or Alive" .... I was 8 and that was my entry to Rock Music (my big sister was a HUUUUUGE Bon Jovi fan)...

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 30 2007, 12:45 AM
The Dark Canuck
My cousin and I got into my uncles record collection (yes record collection)...which was strictly off limits to us kids...I don't know how old I was probably 5 or 6 and it was "It's a long way to the top (if you wanna Rock and Roll)" Still my favorite ACDC song. He was so pis*ed. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Victafor
Jul 2 2007, 10:55 PM
i never aired

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jul 2 2007, 11:09 PM
QUOTE (Victafor @ Jul 2 2007, 05:55 PM) *
i never aired

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You my friend are missing out. i Still air guitar! cool.gif
Mine would have to be jimi hendrix, all along the watchtower!

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Jul 2 2007, 11:10 PM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jul 3 2007, 12:11 AM
Welcome to the Jungle when is was like 8 or 9.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 3 2007, 12:23 AM
Welcome to the Jungle is a kick ass song.

Ill try to find a link of Slash total messing up the intro to that song.

- John:p

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jul 3 2007, 12:31 AM
Yeah its on Youtube. He's like completely drunk. biggrin.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:46 PM