2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Video Testing Guitars!
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 14 2014, 02:45 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! We finally finished the video where I test each of the guitars of the Lojo Rosa Series. The guys who explains each model is Pablo Lojo. I think that I will ad some subtitles in the near future to let everybody understand, but by now you can hear each one. The first one is my model. biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 14 2014, 03:37 PM
GMC:er
liked! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 15 2014, 06:59 PM
Instructor
Thanks friend! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 15 2014, 07:14 PM
Instructor
They sound pretty tight and aggressive, mate! biggrin.gif And the design and finish look great, especially on your model and on the blue one! Too bad I don't understand the language so well - I could make up some of the stuff, but not all sad.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 17 2014, 02:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 15 2014, 03:14 PM) *
They sound pretty tight and aggressive, mate! biggrin.gif And the design and finish look great, especially on your model and on the blue one! Too bad I don't understand the language so well - I could make up some of the stuff, but not all sad.gif

yeah, both are my favorites! The blue one is awesome! It's very comfortable and I love its sound. It has Slash custom pick ups, and I have to say that these pick ups are perfect for my ears. I'll put a pair of these to my next guitar for sure...

If you have any question about what's being said just let me know. He basically explains about wood, electronics, sound and possibilities for each model.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 17 2014, 06:39 PM
Very cool stuff and well played!!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 14 2014, 09:45 AM) *
Hey guys! We finally finished the video where I test each of the guitars of the Lojo Rosa Series. The guys who explains each model is Pablo Lojo. I think that I will ad some subtitles in the near future to let everybody understand, but by now you can hear each one. The first one is my model. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 18 2014, 11:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 17 2014, 01:44 PM) *
yeah, both are my favorites! The blue one is awesome! It's very comfortable and I love its sound. It has Slash custom pick ups, and I have to say that these pick ups are perfect for my ears. I'll put a pair of these to my next guitar for sure...

If you have any question about what's being said just let me know. He basically explains about wood, electronics, sound and possibilities for each model.

I'm curious about the pricing and a little bit of history - is Lojo famous and sought after in Argentina? For instance, how much would your guitar cost, or the blue one?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 18 2014, 04:28 PM
Instructor
Lojo is a luthier very respected because of his great work . He doesn't create a lot of guitars, he works without collaborators or assistants, everything is made by himself and with specially selected woods. This makes that his guitars are always unique. In the last years he started to design his own models and the Rosa Series (the ones in the video) are the first ones.

He has worked with some very popular bands here like Rata Blanca, La Mancha de Rolando, Ciro y los Persas, Miguel Mateos, among many others.

The price depends on many factors but I think that one like the blue one, with pick ups and everything else is around 2500 dollars.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 19 2014, 09:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 18 2014, 03:28 PM) *
Lojo is a luthier very respected because of his great work . He doesn't create a lot of guitars, he works without collaborators or assistants, everything is made by himself and with specially selected woods. This makes that his guitars are always unique. In the last years he started to design his own models and the Rosa Series (the ones in the video) are the first ones.

He has worked with some very popular bands here like Rata Blanca, La Mancha de Rolando, Ciro y los Persas, Miguel Mateos, among many others.

The price depends on many factors but I think that one like the blue one, with pick ups and everything else is around 2500 dollars.

Indeed - since they are custom guitars, the pricing may vary - but hey 2500 bucks ... that means these axes must be top notch! wink.gif This means his guitars can stand near any expensive Gibson, Fender, PRS or other respectable brands, most likely. Does he sell overseas, or just locally?

Yours and that blue one look amazing anyway biggrin.gif Maybe one day, when and if I will visit Argentina, I'll put my hands on one tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Nov 19 2014, 10:00 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2014, 04:37 PM
Instructor
Yeah, these guitars are at the same level of those brands, but the special thing is that it's build for you, with the wood that you want for each part of the guitar, and all other details like electronics, color and finishes based on what you want. Also consider that because of taxes and all that stuff we have to pay around US$6000 for a new PRS Custom, and US$4000 for a Gibson Les Paul Standard. So we get something similar in quality, customized for close the half. I'm checking these prices right now and I'm blink.gif . hahahha

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 20 2014, 02:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 19 2014, 03:37 PM) *
Yeah, these guitars are at the same level of those brands, but the special thing is that it's build for you, with the wood that you want for each part of the guitar, and all other details like electronics, color and finishes based on what you want. Also consider that because of taxes and all that stuff we have to pay around US$6000 for a new PRS Custom, and US$4000 for a Gibson Les Paul Standard. So we get something similar in quality, customized for close the half. I'm checking these prices right now and I'm blink.gif . hahahha

You are very correct! You are lucky to have him there, because otherwise, it would be very difficult to participate at all the stages of creating the instruments like you did and thus the guitar would not get as close to your particular needs. I think these folks are very rare - we have a guy here, but his stuff is not even close to what I see and hear on your guitars smile.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Nov 20 2014, 02:34 PM
Great playing Gabi !! biggrin.gif Loved the video. Wish I knew what was he saying though. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 20 2014, 03:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 20 2014, 10:30 AM) *
You are very correct! You are lucky to have him there, because otherwise, it would be very difficult to participate at all the stages of creating the instruments like you did and thus the guitar would not get as close to your particular needs. I think these folks are very rare - we have a guy here, but his stuff is not even close to what I see and hear on your guitars smile.gif

We are lucky that custom made guitars, amps and pedals are starting to have a great quality here. I'm really excited about how this will evolve in the future. I'm talking with a guy here that builds controllers with midi for creating presets for analog and digital pedals. The devices that he does are awesome. I'll go deeper about it if I finally get one.

QUOTE (Yash @ Nov 20 2014, 10:34 AM) *
Great playing Gabi !! biggrin.gif Loved the video. Wish I knew what was he saying though. smile.gif

Thanks Yash! yeah! I have to help him with subtitles for this one.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 21 2014, 03:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 20 2014, 02:51 PM) *
We are lucky that custom made guitars, amps and pedals are starting to have a great quality here. I'm really excited about how this will evolve in the future. I'm talking with a guy here that builds controllers with midi for creating presets for analog and digital pedals. The devices that he does are awesome. I'll go deeper about it if I finally get one.

Ah! We have these two guys that form a team called - Riot Devices biggrin.gif Check out their work:

https://www.facebook.com/riotdevices

http://riotdevices.com/

They make amps and pedals - both, friends of mine and VERY experienced!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 21 2014, 05:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 21 2014, 11:29 AM) *
Ah! We have these two guys that form a team called - Riot Devices biggrin.gif Check out their work:

https://www.facebook.com/riotdevices

http://riotdevices.com/

They make amps and pedals - both, friends of mine and VERY experienced!

Wou! That youtube video sounds really good! Check out this cool test using some Argentinean pedals:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 22 2014, 09:58 AM
Instructor
Wow biggrin.gif I love the tones and this guy, he can play very nicely and melodic! I like his note choice a lot and he has a very warm style! Is he a famous player as well? Does he build these pedals?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 23 2014, 06:33 PM
Instructor
He is Carajo's guitarist... do you remember the band?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 24 2014, 10:28 AM
Instructor
Of course I do smile.gif They had that video with the cougar, right?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 27 2014, 02:34 PM
Instructor
mm I'm not sure about that video but I think that you know them..

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 28 2014, 08:28 AM
Instructor
This is the band, yes! But I didn;t know this video! LOVE the main riff! biggrin.gif

I remember you told me that their name means something nasty laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:41 AM