Dean Zelinsky Guitars
Mertay
Dec 26 2014, 07:46 PM
GMC:er
Went to the locals stores with a friend today looking for pickups 'n stuff...he tested this guitars and couldn't let it go smile.gif

https://deanzelinsky.com/guitars/tagliare/t...-glide-standard

I played it too, its frets are big unlike a Fender and since I play ibanez I really liked it. The neck was the most interesting, it felt really strong and the back was shaped like this;

It doesn't feel like what they comment on the web but does feel good in a different way, not slippery but not disturbing either actually very fun and adds lots of character.

Its wasn't setuped or even properly tuned so I'm not going to further comment till I get my hands on it again. In the mean time try them if you see one.

PS; We played it through a Taurus stomp head and it was amazing! Darius did some demos for them make sure to check them out too on his youtube page! wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 29 2014, 03:04 PM
Instructor
Thanx for the mention Mertay! smile.gif Stomp-head is a cool device right ?smile.gif About the guitars I had no experience by far so hard to say anything. Isen't it the founder of Dean guitars...or DBZ ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 29 2014, 03:43 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 29 2014, 02:04 PM) *
Thanx for the mention Mertay! smile.gif Stomp-head is a cool device right ?smile.gif About the guitars I had no experience by far so hard to say anything. Isen't it the founder of Dean guitars...or DBZ ?

Lol yeah when the store guy said Dean Zelinsky I though it was probably the DBZ but turned out to be another brands from him biggrin.gif

We first plugged it to a big-ish roland (something that has orange front color) and it was so boring sounding smile.gif My friend said he wanted Fender tones so the store guy lead us to this huge Fender cab. and connected the Stomp-head. There were many Fender amps around but I guess to make the best impression he leads customers to that setup rolleyes.gif

And it did sound Fender amp-like pretty good with the cab. ! Since we were more about the guitar that moment I only checked the drive and that was pretty cool too but didn't try any other settings.

Calling it a stomp in an insult IMHO biggrin.gif besides sound it looks pretty cool too hopefully I'll visit again after new to play with it a bit more smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 29 2014, 06:56 PM
Instructor
So we've fallen to the same trap biggrin.gif Nice to know You had an occasion to try one. Do Your remember which particular model of stomp-head it was? smile.gif

BTW....I alwasy check the drive first as well biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 30 2014, 03:35 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 29 2014, 05:56 PM) *
So we've fallen to the same trap biggrin.gif Nice to know You had an occasion to try one. Do Your remember which particular model of stomp-head it was? smile.gif

BTW....I alwasy check the drive first as well biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I checked the website to remember which one but couldn't, but unfortunately it was one of the expensive ones biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 30 2014, 08:57 PM
Instructor
Hard to say is it expensive when we consider different taxes etc for different countries. I suppose it can be more expensive outside the Poland because of other costs than just a shop profit. I simply wonder how big would be that price difference smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 30 2014, 09:55 PM
Taurus Stomp Head 4 SL HG is 947.00 €

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 31 2014, 11:02 AM
Instructor
SL = Silver
HG = High Gain

So it probably cannot be SL HG tongue.gif Those are two different. Silver is more rock-sounding. But You're right almost 1000 E is expensive

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 31 2014, 11:38 AM
Re-checked I guess they entered the name wrong smile.gif but there is photo and euro pricing;

http://www.muzikenstrumani.com/Taurus-Stom...ml#.VKPP5dKsWfY

http://www.muzikenstrumani.com/Taurus-Stom...ml#.VKPP5dKsWfY

The taxes here are pretty huge here unfortunately sad.gif but the used market isn't bad, specially if one prefers not to chase after djent or other modern sounds the oldie but goodie gears can be bought more reasonable biggrin.gif

We also visited another store that day to find my friend a specific humbucker (dimarzio bluesbucker) for his epi. LP, found and bought a used one biggrin.gif . Also there were 8 or 10 used ds-1's staying at a corner all of them very dirty and affordable but no one cared smile.gif I don't need one but just because they're so affordable might get one sometime later, who knows maybe it will be useful someday biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Dec 31 2014, 11:39 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 1 2015, 08:28 PM
Instructor
Probably this tax problem is worldwide. In Poland prices of U.S.A gear are twice as much as in the U.S.A. And it's not a secret that half of the price is a Tax, held customs and a profit of distribution company. I suppose that's exaclty the same with Taurus. It's half of the price in Poland but trying to send it outside You'll be taxed anyway....

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 2 2015, 09:27 AM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jan 1 2015, 07:28 PM) *
Probably this tax problem is worldwide. In Poland prices of U.S.A gear are twice as much as in the U.S.A. And it's not a secret that half of the price is a Tax, held customs and a profit of distribution company. I suppose that's exaclty the same with Taurus. It's half of the price in Poland but trying to send it outside You'll be taxed anyway....

Correct unfortunately sad.gif

Though recently something interesting happened, I commented before about the bb9 I bought and I bought it new from store at the same price (even a bit lower) than USA.

I actually asked the guys at the store to check if there isn't any mistake (me the honest customer biggrin.gif ), they did and there wasn't. BB9 seems discontinued at USA, made me think if the company is blowing these out to get rid of stock so send them to other countries more affordable...a long shot but I can't find a different explanation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 2 2015, 03:17 PM
Instructor
Probaby. I don't believe it's less profit from the distribution. It's rather BB sending stuff to receive at least the cost of production. Hard to tell. I'm afraid it's much more twisted then we think....You know the costs vs whole the profit for distributors and shops...

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 6 2015, 08:47 AM
I"ve heard they are nice guitars but never tried one as I"ve never seen one "in the wild" yet. I did buy one of the DBZ DIAMOND (another DEAN offshoot) guitars a bit back and it was loads of fun smile.gif I sold it to a GMCer here a bit back!

Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:25 PM