Tonerider Pickups!
kaznie_NL
Oct 25 2010, 06:10 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey guys and gals,

I've got a pickup question! I got the chance to buy some Tone Rider Rock Song pickups (the set) for my les paul studio. The Les Paul is a genuine Gibson from the early nineties. The set would cost me €70, shipping included. Second hand.

First question: Any clue on how good those pups are? Tonerider seems to be a very good, cheap alternative to dimarzio and SD.
Second question: will it be better then my les paul stock pups?
third question: what do you guys think of SD's triple shot ring? I might buy those as well, seems prety cool!

thnx in advance wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Oct 25 2010, 07:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I haven't tried out those particular Tonerider pickups, but I do have a set of the City Limits and they're fantastic. If the Rock Song pickups are as good as the City Limits, I say go for it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 25 2010, 10:57 PM
Instructor
Well, swapping pickups is not that difficult, and it's always good to experiment a bit with them. I say go for it, and see if you like them. It will not be that hard to swap them back and sell them for reasonable price once again in the worst case. I didn't heard about those pups, but I must say swapping pickups is what I always liked to do. You really feel how different pickups behave, and I must say I learn after every swap.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
stratman79
Oct 26 2010, 10:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have Tone rider vintage pickups in my Tokai strat.. I think they'r great pretty much as good as Dimarzio or SD.

If your going to spend ££ on pickups save up and get bareknuckles if not get the toneriders...

good luck

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Oct 29 2010, 01:08 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Bought 'em wink.gif And what about the triple shot rings?

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:03 AM