Girpmaster
Aaron
May 24 2007, 08:28 PM
GMC:er
does anyone know where i can get a grip master to strengthen my fingers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
DON'T BUG ME ... I'M PRACTICING

Gear: (new) fender strat , 25g frontman amp,
Wishlist: Ibanez Jem, Flying V natural.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zephan
May 25 2007, 12:09 AM
You can get it by http://www.musicstore.de smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Hemlok
May 25 2007, 12:44 AM
Hehe funny someone should make a post about Gripmaster's i just got one yesterday and was gonna make a post. I got medium strength, pretty cool little gadget. cool.gif

I got mine off ebay because there are no music stores where i live. but yeah they should have them at most music stores i would have thought.

This post has been edited by Hemlok: May 25 2007, 12:46 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
May 25 2007, 03:13 AM
QUOTE (Hemlok @ May 24 2007, 11:44 PM) *
Hehe funny someone should make a post about Gripmaster's i just got one yesterday and was gonna make a post. I got medium strength, pretty cool little gadget. cool.gif

I got mine off ebay because there are no music stores where i live. but yeah they should have them at most music stores i would have thought.

Guitar Centers have them, for those of us in the US.

I've thought about getting one of those. I could work it when I'm not around the guitar. I'm still on the fence though. I need to build my strength but I'm not sure about gadgets sometimes.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
fkalich
May 25 2007, 03:27 AM
I thought about one of those. not expensive, about $15 w/shipping on ebay. just figured it would be something that helped little. sort of like those sit up gadgets that they sell on late night tv for $19.95 that end up in a closet, sounds like a good idea but just not very helpful. not positive, but doubtful. glad to hear any reasonable pov on this.

QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ May 24 2007, 09:13 PM) *
Guitar Centers have them, for those of us in the US.

I've thought about getting one of those. I could work it when I'm not around the guitar. I'm still on the fence though. I need to build my strength but I'm not sure about gadgets sometimes.

you beat me to it. one thing I see troubling about it, is that the only way it approximates playing guitar at all is when cradling the neck, which is bad form. I know, most do it, even the successful. But it IS bad from, and you are much better off never letting that palm rest on the back of the neck.

however, I will be happy to be wrong in my skepticism.

+Quote Post
Hemlok
May 25 2007, 11:06 AM
If it is bad form for guitar playing, thats the first ive heard about it, I wouldnt think it will change the way i have my hand, but maybe it does. As for gadgets you see up late on tv, like any exercise equipment you might buy. it is up to you to use it regularly and correctly, people buying expecting some miracle overnight job end up putting it away to gather dust because they are just lazy. Like guitar also, you can neglect it, and you will gain nothing from it.

Thats how i see it anyway. smile.gif i just use this gripmaster at work mostly without thinking about guitar, just as means of strengthening my hand muscles. Right or wrong, i am doin it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zephan
May 25 2007, 11:17 AM
My left hand was quiet weak before I started using the Grip Master, and now a few days later my hand already got stronger. But I used the Grip Master couple times a day

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:35 PM