Thinking About Customizing My Strat
Rated Htr
Jul 6 2010, 02:38 AM
Experienced Rock Star
It's a 2007 USA Standard Strat. it already has a seymour duncan JB Jr. on the bridge pickup. I need to change the bridge cause I broke the whammy and it gave me a lot of problems, but I miss that guitar, I was thinking about scalloping the fretboard, is that a good idea? What do you guys suggest?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stratman79
Jul 6 2010, 10:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
Personally I wouldn't scallop a fretboard. If i really wanted to do it, I would have a seperate guitar set up for that, oranother neck you can bolt on..

Personally I say stick on a decent set of pickups throughout, upgrade the bridge, tuners.

I think you'd be better of getting a re-fret than scalloping the board...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 6 2010, 11:29 PM
GMC:er
Investing in good pickups is a great way to help any guitar sound better. Although, with some guitars, you can easily spend more on pickups than the guitar is worth and end up eating the cost when you go to trade it in or resell it. A cheap guitar with Active EMG's in it still gets trade in value like a cheap guitar.

Scalloping the neck is a bold choice, but make sure you play a strat with a scalloped neck BEFORE you do this. You can' un-scallop your neck so you'll need a new one if you don't like it.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 11 2010, 12:28 AM
Instructor
there are several things you can upgrade on your strat. primary parts that always need replacement are the ones that have contact with the string. these parts are the nut, frets, and bridge. if you upgrade all these components, you might pull out much better sound from your guitar itself, instead of only swaping the pickups. if you have strat, it may be good to upgrade to hotter pickups, but bare in mind. no pickups that you insert into strat will sound like strat. they will change the inital strat sound that made the brand so famous. if the guitar is 2007, it probably have cavities for full sized humbuckers. if you do wnat to replace some pickups, i would advise full size hum in bridge instead of JB jr. this will provide more power and range.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 11 2010, 12:35 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I would definitely recommend playing a scalloped strat before doing it on your instrument. You just may not like it. Also its pretty hard to do, would you do it or professional? Put a new bridge in and full humbucker pickup in the bridge position and your guitar will sound great!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:10 PM