Emir: Vinne Moore Question, This may be trivial, even stupid
iamblackmo
Aug 27 2009, 09:21 PM
GMC:er
I would like anyone's input! I only put Emir in the title because it is his awesome lesson.

Ok, so I am slowly progressing to full speed on this lesson.

I can play it almost fluently at 80 bpm using Guitar Pro as a metronome and a guide.

Here is my question, and I think it may be a matter of preference but I hope to get your opinion.

I have two electric guitars.

Ibanez s470 which is a Mahagony body and a neck very similar to a Les Paul (rounded and fat)<---This is what I have been practicing the lesson on so far.

I also have a '96 Japan Made Rg-570 which is a HSH that resembles your Hamer. It has got a Wizard neck, (very thin and fast), 24 frets and a basswood body. (I have this guitar tuned to Eb)

Which guitar do you think would be more suitable for playing this lesson, especially when running full speed?

I am thinking my RG570 would be the better choice, but, I would like input on this before I go through the headache of getting back in Standard 440hertz tuning.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by iamblackmo: Aug 27 2009, 09:36 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Emir Hot
Sep 29 2009, 12:56 AM
Instructor
Your question is really about something else rather than Vinnie Moore lesson smile.gif

I don't clasify guitars like that. There are no metal and non-metal guitars. You can play metal on a hollow body guitar if you want as well as jazz on some crazy shape Ibanez. It's really to do with what feels comfortable for your hands. The reason I bought my Hamer was because the neck was perfect for my hand. I feel very comfortable playing it. I wasn't happy with the sound so I changed pickups and got what I wanted. I find very difficult to srhed on most Ibanez guitars. Most of the time the neck is very different than my Hamer and I just can't get that natural position for my fingers and I get tired quickly. There are people that can't stand Les Paul fat neck. It's really about the personal preference. Now if you found the good neck but not the sound then you need to think of a different amp, effects or maybe pickups. For what I need in my music I have it all. That's 3 Seymour Duncans (2 humbucker and 1 single), Floyd Rose (the original one) and 24 frets smile.gif I don't really care if I play model 570, 860 or any other smile.gif It just happened that I liked this guitar. To be honest I don't even know which model I have smile.gif I don't know if this answer helped but this was my honest oppinion about how I use my guitar smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:04 AM