2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Collaboration? - Guitar Instrumental For A Song
Janice
Sep 11 2013, 02:28 AM
GMC:er
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if this would be the right place for me to ask if anyone would be interested in doing a (hopefully) simple collaboration with me? This is a song where a lyricist named Jonie Hajduk wrote the lyrics and I wrote the melody and chords (it was a creative challenge on the songwriting forum I'm on - hence the little introduction and speaking part at the end; a few others did their own musical spin on the lyrics too).

Chords - verses: Em - D - C - Am B7 - Em - D - C Am B7
Chords - bridges: Am7 D - C D - Am7 D - E
Chords - outro: Em - D - C - B7 Em

I want to make an mp3 recording version of this song but I don't have good recording capability for guitar right now. It's also tricky for me to record the guitar separately from the vocals because the timing is a bit free flowing throughout the song. And as you can see, it isn't easy for me to sing and play together!

Well, I was hoping someone who can record a pretty good quality track might be interested in recording the guitar instrumental for this! I can send the guitar chords and I'm hoping whoever does it could somehow use this video to help them with timing as this is how I would sing it. I'm very much open to the person adding their own creative spin on the instrumental piece too since what I have right now is pretty simple (because I just can't do anything more complicated)!

Well, please feel free to reply here or PM me. Thank you so much!

Janice

UPDATE: Thanks to Dieter for the great suggestion of putting the chords up here so people could experiment if they feel inspired to! I also added them below with the lyrics in case it's easier to follow that way! (hmm, I put spaces between the chords on the same line but when I "Complete Edit" they show up all bunched together. Help!)

Chastity (Game of Chances)
Lyrics by Jonie Hajduk
- guitar tuned down half step

Em

V1
Em
Chastity

D
Did you go to work today

C
Or did you go out and play

Am B7
Your game of chances?

Em
Were the trees still draped in gold

D
Were you sheltered from the cold

C Am B7
Beneath their branches?

Bridge
Am7 D
I see you in the park sometimes

C D
Altering your state of mind (mi-ind)

Am7 D
Shadows follow close behind

E
Never far--- away----

V2
Em
Chastity

D
Are you living in the past

C
In the place where hopes were dashed

Am B7
With such perfection?

Em
Are you dreaming you can win

D
On a wheel that only spins

C Am B7
In one direction?

Bridge
Am7 D
I see you in the park sometimes (sometimes)

C D
When you're there the sun won't shine

Am7 D
Not until you change your mind, oh~

E
Throw the dice away

Outro
Em
Chastity

D
Did you go to work today

C

B7 Em
Your game of cha------nces?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Janice: Sep 11 2013, 01:21 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Sep 11 2013, 03:40 AM
Learning Rock Star
Such a beautiful voice! I'm not sure if I will have the time but I will check back later and see if someone doesn't take it.

You know that if you had 2 friends iPhones you could probably record a pretty decent acoustic guitar. Someone could mix them together and make it sound real nice. Anyways good job.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Janice
Sep 11 2013, 03:48 AM
Hi Jim!

Thank you, I really appreciate your nice words. And yes, I definitely don't want anyone to feel pressured time-wise with this and just want it to be for fun smile.gif

I never heard of that iPhone recording method, thanks for sharing the idea!

Janice

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Sep 11 2013, 04:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
You have a great voice Janice smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 11 2013, 09:12 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Fine Voice full of Energy and Feeling ! biggrin.gif

Why not post the chords here on Thread - so everyone could --if inspired-- experiment with Them while listen to your voice ?

smile.gif

Lets see whats happen !

Dieter

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Sep 11 2013, 09:15 AM
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Sep 11 2013, 08:12 AM) *
Fine Voice full of Energy and Feeling ! biggrin.gif

Why not post the chords here on Thread - so everyone could --if inspired-- experiment with Them while listen to your voice ?

smile.gif

Lets see whats happen !

Dieter

Amazing voice and I agree with Dieter's suggestion smile.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Sep 11 2013, 10:12 AM
You got the right equipment...beautiful voice and beautiful face!!!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 11 2013, 10:33 AM
Instructor
Hey Janice! Pretty nice voice You got there! My father is a poem writter and he also sings and plays the guitar. While singing poem some timming flow is a natural thing and a part of emotional performance of the song. You might found that something is not right when You'll try to record it with a straight metronome beats but...It's always worth trying. I think it would be cool to see some students collaborating with You smile.gif This would be something fresh at GMC - not only guitar collab smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 11 2013, 10:59 AM
Instructor
I agree with Darius - it's a fresh idea and I think that your voice is great! A little bit off topic, but - are there any songs which you can already sing and play?

+Quote Post
Janice
Sep 11 2013, 01:10 PM
Wow, thanks so much Hajduk, Dieter, sammetal92, Headbanger, Darius and Cosmin for your nice words and encouragement! I really appreciate it!

I am going to post the lyrics/chords in my original post as you suggested, Dieterle. I think that's a great idea and I hope people can have fun experimenting with it smile.gif

Cosmin, I think generally I can play and sing songs at the same time much more easily when I'm playing some kind of finger-picking style. But when I have to strum, it's hard for me to not want to strum in the rhythm that I'm singing in (or vice versa). Often those two things are not supposed to be the same! So that is where my main challenge lies I believe.

Thanks again everyone!
~ Janice

This post has been edited by Janice: Sep 11 2013, 01:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
korblitz
Sep 11 2013, 01:23 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Check out this video by Cosmin Lupu, maybe it give you an insight on simultaneously playing and singing.

Here's the Link

I'm intrigued...but I know that it's none of my business. Your name is Jonie Hajduk and there's a Hadjuk on this forum. Are you two guys related? Or am I missing something?

Like I said....it's none of my business. I'm just

This post has been edited by korblitz: Sep 11 2013, 01:26 PM

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Sep 11 2013, 02:13 PM
QUOTE (korblitz @ Sep 11 2013, 02:23 PM) *
Check out this video by Cosmin Lupu, maybe it give you an insight on simultaneously playing and singing.

Here's the Link

I'm intrigued...but I know that it's none of my business. Your name is Jonie Hajduk and there's a Hadjuk on this forum. Are you two guys related? Or am I missing something?

Like I said....it's none of my business. I'm just

Hey Korblitz! I think she said the lyricist name was Jonie Hajduk...isnt her name Janice? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Headbanger: Sep 11 2013, 02:14 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 11 2013, 04:54 PM
WOW!! Great song and great voice smile.gif I'm mixing/editing my six demon bag collab this week in any free time but I'm always for for new collab stuff smile.gif I"ll check back after I wrap up the collab and see if I can pitch in. smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Janice @ Sep 10 2013, 09:28 PM) *
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if this would be the right place for me to ask if anyone would be interested in doing a (hopefully) simple collaboration with me? This is a song where a lyricist named Jonie Hajduk wrote the lyrics and I wrote the melody and chords (it was a creative challenge on the songwriting forum I'm on - hence the little introduction and speaking part at the end; a few others did their own musical spin on the lyrics too).

Chords - verses: Em - D - C - Am B7 - Em - D - C Am B7
Chords - bridges: Am7 D - C D - Am7 D - E
Chords - outro: Em - D - C - B7 Em

I want to make an mp3 recording version of this song but I don't have good recording capability for guitar right now. It's also tricky for me to record the guitar separately from the vocals because the timing is a bit free flowing throughout the song. And as you can see, it isn't easy for me to sing and play together!

Well, I was hoping someone who can record a pretty good quality track might be interested in recording the guitar instrumental for this! I can send the guitar chords and I'm hoping whoever does it could somehow use this video to help them with timing as this is how I would sing it. I'm very much open to the person adding their own creative spin on the instrumental piece too since what I have right now is pretty simple (because I just can't do anything more complicated)!

Well, please feel free to reply here or PM me. Thank you so much!

Janice

UPDATE: Thanks to Dieter for the great suggestion of putting the chords up here so people could experiment if they feel inspired to! I also added them below with the lyrics in case it's easier to follow that way! (hmm, I put spaces between the chords on the same line but when I "Complete Edit" they show up all bunched together. Help!)

Chastity (Game of Chances)
Lyrics by Jonie Hajduk
- guitar tuned down half step

Em

V1
Em
Chastity

D
Did you go to work today

C

Am B7
Your game of chances?

Em
Were the trees still draped in gold

D
Were you sheltered from the cold

C Am B7
Beneath their branches?

Bridge
Am7 D
I see you in the park sometimes

C D
Altering your state of mind (mi-ind)

Am7 D
Shadows follow close behind

E
Never far--- away----

V2
Em
Chastity

D
Are you living in the past

C
In the place where hopes were dashed

Am B7
With such perfection?

Em
Are you dreaming you can win

D
On a wheel that only spins

C Am B7
In one direction?

Bridge
Am7 D
I see you in the park sometimes (sometimes)

C D
When you're there the sun won't shine

Am7 D
Not until you change your mind, oh~

E
Throw the dice away

Outro
Em
Chastity

D
Did you go to work today

C

B7 Em
Your game of cha------nces?

+Quote Post
Janice
Sep 12 2013, 02:17 PM
@korblitz: Thanks for the link to the video! I think I might have actually seen it before but I'll be sure to check it out when I'm back on my laptop. And lol yes, Headbanger's right, the lyricist's name is Jonie Hajduk so no relation here!

@Todd: Thanks so much for the kind words and for offering to check back later! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Janice
Oct 13 2013, 10:15 PM
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to update that I did find someone to do an instrumental for me for this song - yay! Thanks to everyone who commented smile.gif

Janice

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 14 2013, 07:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Janice @ Oct 13 2013, 09:15 PM) *
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to update that I did find someone to do an instrumental for me for this song - yay! Thanks to everyone who commented smile.gif

Janice

Oh, that's great news - keep us posted on the progress and maybe share some recordings too wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 11 2014, 09:56 PM
Todd here smile.gif I wanted to follow up and see how this song was coming? We'd love to hear it!! Also, I'd love to collaborate on the next one smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Janice
Feb 11 2014, 10:04 PM
Hey Todd!

Thanks so much for checking in smile.gif

I got a recording of the song done with the help of Sam Dixon on guitar: https://soundcloud.com/janice_music/chastity-game-of-chances

Thanks for listening!

And I always love to collaborate and especially since I don't play electric guitar it'd be awesome to team up with someone experienced like you! Do you do any other instruments as well? I got a song in mind that hopefully I can start working on this month or next. Send me a PM if you want!

Janice

P.S. I know I haven't shown my face around the forum for a long time(!) but I have been receiving some great help from my mentor Cosmin behind the scenes smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 12 2014, 06:40 AM
There she is!! smile.gif Hey there. Great to hear the song again smile.gif The guitar part works great! I"ll PM Ya.

Todd

QUOTE (Janice @ Feb 11 2014, 04:04 PM) *
Hey Todd!

I got a recording of the song done with the help of Sam Dixon on guitar: https://soundcloud.com/janice_music/chastity-game-of-chances

Thanks for listening!

And I always love to collaborate and especially since I don't play electric guitar it'd be awesome to team up with someone experienced like you! Do you do any other instruments as well? I got a song in mind that hopefully I can start working on this month or next. Send me a PM if you want!

Janice

P.S. I know I haven't shown my face around the forum for a long time(!) but I have been receiving some great help from my mentor Cosmin behind the scenes smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 12 2014, 09:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Janice @ Feb 11 2014, 09:04 PM) *
Hey Todd!

Thanks for listening!

Janice

Always glad to be of assistance, Janice! smile.gif Thank you for your kind words and I am looking forward to see what you will cook up with Todd's help as well biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:13 PM