New Guitar Day Strictly 7 (8 String)
Todd Simpson
Jun 14 2013, 09:38 PM
GMC:er
MONSTER!!!!!! Going to use it for a playthrough.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 14 2013, 09:45 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Is that a red fretboard? ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jun 15 2013, 01:58 AM
ohmy.gif So jealous! Can't wait to hear it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 15 2013, 04:49 AM
Rosewood smile.gif

QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jun 14 2013, 04:45 PM) *

Fun to play smile.gif The neck is just amazing. Should be a fun vid!

Todd
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jun 14 2013, 04:45 PM) *

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Jun 15 2013, 04:56 AM
Nice! I'd heard of these guys but never seen any of their guitars. Funny that a company called "Strictly 7" end up making an 8 though! biggrin.gif

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Jun 15 2013, 08:49 AM
Looks like an awesome guitar, enjoy!

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jun 16 2013, 07:47 AM
I have never heard of these guitars before.I just checked out there website and they really look like amazing guitars.

Enjoy Todd smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 16 2013, 11:06 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wow Todd, 8 strings! Next thing we know you'll be playing the harp! laugh.gif

Awesome axe man, enjoy smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 16 2013, 04:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fran @ Jun 16 2013, 10:06 AM) *
Wow Todd, 8 strings! Next thing we know you'll be playing the harp! laugh.gif

Awesome axe man, enjoy smile.gif

ha ha ha! tongue.gif Good point biggrin.gif Or...just hang the regular guitar plus a regular bass on Your neck smile.gif)))

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 17 2013, 08:37 PM
The lowest string is actually a Bass String smile.gif It's a real challenge to be honest to play an instrument like this IMHO. I've got decent sized hands and reaching the notes is honestly taking some work. However, there is a gal on youtube that plays a custom built 8 and she has very small hands, so it's certainly possible to see how anyone could play an 8 and do it well smile.gif

Although, I can see why some folks, mostly traditionalists, eschew ERG instruments, they do break the traditional mold of the guitar and make it a hybrid bass. But personally, I've always embraced new things even if they seem odd if only to add to my understanding as a musician. I really think it's a worthy effort to play as many types of instruments as you can get your hands on smile.gif

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jun 16 2013, 11:02 AM) *
ha ha ha! tongue.gif Good point biggrin.gif Or...just hang the regular guitar plus a regular bass on Your neck smile.gif)))

+Quote Post
TeoWulf
Jun 17 2013, 09:28 PM
If it's stictly seven then why did they make an 8 string? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 20 2013, 01:09 AM
Your a little slow on the draw TEOWULF, SIXSTRINGSAMURAI beat you to the punch on that one half a dozen posts or so ago smile.gif

QUOTE (TeoWulf @ Jun 17 2013, 04:28 PM) *
If it's stictly seven then why did they make an 8 string? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jun 20 2013, 01:51 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 17 2013, 07:37 PM) *
The lowest string is actually a Bass String smile.gif It's a real challenge to be honest to play an instrument like this IMHO. I've got decent sized hands and reaching the notes is honestly taking some work. However, there is a gal on youtube that plays a custom built 8 and she has very small hands, so it's certainly possible to see how anyone could play an 8 and do it well smile.gif

Although, I can see why some folks, mostly traditionalists, eschew ERG instruments, they do break the traditional mold of the guitar and make it a hybrid bass. But personally, I've always embraced new things even if they seem odd if only to add to my understanding as a musician. I really think it's a worthy effort to play as many types of instruments as you can get your hands on smile.gif

I am a fan of her's. I think she is amazing. And so is that guitar. I like the ergonomic stuff, but I just can't get past a headless guitar. I'm sure that would change if I every played something like that Strandberg. Have you ever seen any of Rick Toone's guitars? He is pretty inovative.

www.ricktoone.com

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 20 2013, 03:04 AM
I"m a big fan of her as well smile.gif She's pretty darn amazing and plays some killer guitars. Thanks for the tip on RICKTOONE guitars smile.gif Never heard before but WOW they look and sound spiff!! Do you have any connection to him? Tried any of the guitars?

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jun 19 2013, 08:51 PM) *
I am a fan of her's. I think she is amazing. And so is that guitar. I like the ergonomic stuff, but I just can't get past a headless guitar. I'm sure that would change if I every played something like that Strandberg. Have you ever seen any of Rick Toone's guitars? He is pretty inovative.

www.ricktoone.com

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jun 20 2013, 07:07 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 20 2013, 02:04 AM) *
I"m a big fan of her as well smile.gif She's pretty darn amazing and plays some killer guitars. Thanks for the tip on RICKTOONE guitars smile.gif Never heard before but WOW they look and sound spiff!! Do you have any connection to him? Tried any of the guitars?

No connection, and I have never played them. I found his website a long time ago because he had an awesome write up on how to lay out a multiple scale length fretboard. And his guitars seem so organic and different, yet innovative. I still can't get my mind passed a headless guitar though, no matter how cool.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 23 2013, 07:38 AM
P.S. How is the Von Hotch Custom Guitar Coming? There is a TONE of demand for the OLA STRANDBERG guitars and he will let anyone who asks (from what I gather) have a copy of the designs to try to make one for personal use. It might be a good way to learn about his construction / build methods to apply to yours? Just a thought smile.gif

Also, how about a FANNED FRET model? Would that be wads harder?

Todd

[zquote name='vonhotch' date='Jun 20 2013, 02:07 PM' post='648232']
No connection, and I have never played them. I found his website a long time ago because he had an awesome write up on how to lay out a multiple scale length fretboard. And his guitars seem so organic and different, yet innovative. I still can't get my mind passed a headless guitar though, no matter how cool.
[/quote]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:21 AM