Ngd : Eleven Rack
bleez
Apr 5 2016, 09:09 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
eegahd! It arrived today ohmy.gif I plugged it in to check it and try the presets. I honestly wasnt expecting much from the presets but actually I was impressed, they obviously need tweaked for my guitar but overall I thought they sounded decent and a lot different to the pod presets.
The tape echo is especially nice. I really dig tape echo smile.gif

I need to get a USB cable and try to install it in the PC. Gotta admit Im not looking forward to doing that. Im expecting it to be a bit of a nightmare, based on the internets opinion. If I could pay someone to do it for me I totally would!

If anyone has any experience / tips for installing it to run with Reaper, Im all ears cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 18)
Chris S.
Apr 6 2016, 11:54 AM
Learning Roadie
When you say run it Reaper do you mean the hardware or the software?

The hardware shouldnt give you any issues - but the software I had a hard time getting to work properly I think I posted a thread about it I'll see if I can find it for you.

Congrats on the unit though - I love mine as well smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 6 2016, 12:10 PM
GMC:er
congrats!!! smile.gif Download some of the presets I linked previously so that when you grab a usb cable you can be ready. Download the latest driver for the 11 from the avid web site, and the stand alone editor and you should be good to go smile.gif Just select the 11 as your audio interface inside reaper.

Todd

QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 5 2016, 03:09 PM) *
eegahd! It arrived today ohmy.gif I plugged it in to check it and try the presets. I honestly wasnt expecting much from the presets but actually I was impressed, they obviously need tweaked for my guitar but overall I thought they sounded decent and a lot different to the pod presets.
The tape echo is especially nice. I really dig tape echo smile.gif

I need to get a USB cable and try to install it in the PC. Gotta admit Im not looking forward to doing that. Im expecting it to be a bit of a nightmare, based on the internets opinion. If I could pay someone to do it for me I totally would!

If anyone has any experience / tips for installing it to run with Reaper, Im all ears cool.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 6 2016, 01:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Chris S. @ Apr 6 2016, 11:54 AM) *
When you say run it Reaper do you mean the hardware or the software?

The hardware shouldnt give you any issues - but the software I had a hard time getting to work properly I think I posted a thread about it I'll see if I can find it for you.

Congrats on the unit though - I love mine as well smile.gif

yeah, just so I can use reaper as my DAW. Ive read some horror stories about guys trying to do the same thing.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 6 2016, 12:10 PM) *
congrats!!! smile.gif Download some of the presets I linked previously so that when you grab a usb cable you can be ready. Download the latest driver for the 11 from the avid web site, and the stand alone editor and you should be good to go smile.gif Just select the 11 as your audio interface inside reaper.

Todd

Thanks dude. I'll defo grab those presets and drivers. Probably leaving it until friday night before I start just so I have the whole weekend to post topics here pleading for help biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 6 2016, 10:57 PM
Congrats! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 7 2016, 06:19 AM
The USB cable is cheap but make sure you get the right one smile.gif It should look sorta like a square on one end and regultar usb on the other.

Once you install the drivers and editor you are pretty much good to go and start loading presets smile.gif One tip. Once you load a preset you still have to SAVE it to the unit. IF you don't it will go away when you turn off the unit.

You can use the main outputs to go to your studio monitors and use the guitar out to go to your guitar rig smile.gif

If you turn all the blocks off, then it's just an interface and you can use it with Guitar RIG or what not. smile.gif

Then again, you can always record clean to one channel in your daw and fx version to another track in your daw at the same time by changing the input in reaper. click on input and check how many you see.

Todd

QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 6 2016, 07:33 AM) *
yeah, just so I can use reaper as my DAW. Ive read some horror stories about guys trying to do the same thing.

Thanks dude. I'll defo grab those presets and drivers. Probably leaving it until friday night before I start just so I have the whole weekend to post topics here pleading for help biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 7 2016, 04:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 7 2016, 06:19 AM) *
Then again, you can always record clean to one channel in your daw and fx version to another track in your daw at the same time by changing the input in reaper. click on input and check how many you see.

Todd

I do like the sound of that smile.gif I definatley want to try and get that setup.

I think the usb from the podhd500 will probably work in the 11. I'll need to check.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 7 2016, 05:34 PM
yup smile.gif same type of USB so it should work just fine. Also, keep in mind you can use your PD HD in the fx loop of the 11 rack to add fx that the 11 doesn't have and they are both midi so you could switch both units with one footswitch. EG> a clean patch that uses the pod as a second delay and second chorus/reverb/delay. Then tap another footswitch and turn off the fx loop and go to a high gain on the 11r. Your fx loop can be turned on and off so you may be able to use the pd for fx in the loop, providing you can turn off the amp and cab in the pod?

QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 7 2016, 10:38 AM) *
I do like the sound of that smile.gif I definatley want to try and get that setup.

I think the usb from the podhd500 will probably work in the 11. I'll need to check.

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 9 2016, 06:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
So I installed the 11r and got it into reaper ...... no problem ohmy.gif I mean really easy, had to adjust a couple of things but literally took 5 mins ( thanks to the screen shot of input settings a dude posted on the reaper forum, I thank you sir )
I thought, okay the editor will be a bitch...... nope, installed just as easy LOL! By the gods!!
Id read so many horror stories about installing both of these I was expecting the worse. that said I'll probably switch it on tomorrow and my PC will explode rolleyes.gif

not got the dual fx + dry signals set up yet and not looked at re-amping but Im up and running. Just really exploring some presets at the moment. Ive gotta say that some of the patches Ive downloaded have sounded great, with no tweaks at all they have just sounded awesome smile.gif
Really impressed with the unit so far.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 9 2016, 08:17 PM
Glad you are digging it smile.gif I really do think it's the best bang for the buck out there today. Part of what brought the price down was AVID (the folks that make it) deciding to get out of the guitar processor market. They still keep releasing updated drivers which is great smile.gif As a result, it's by far the cheapest processor of it's kind/quality out there IMHO. Not to mention it's a full recording interface with a built in mic preamp smile.gif

Enjoy!

Todd

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Apr 10 2016, 09:16 AM
Congrats mate smile.gif

You and Todd have got me interested in the eleven rack now. A take it you got it off a private seller mate. Being looking online. I think there is one on eBay and one on gumtree. The rest are from guitar shops that cost to much because it comes with pro tools

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 10 2016, 10:21 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Apr 10 2016, 09:16 AM) *
Congrats mate smile.gif

You and Todd have got me interested in the eleven rack now. A take it you got it off a private seller mate. Being looking online. I think there is one on eBay and one on gumtree. The rest are from guitar shops that cost to much because it comes with pro tools

yeah, thats exactly where I got mine. every so often a couple seem to pop up on ebay. Tons of them in the states but as soon as you filter the results to UK, it's like 1 or 2. No way I could have got one new but they seem solid enough units, the one I got looks mint.

This post has been edited by bleez: Apr 10 2016, 10:21 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Apr 10 2016, 10:26 AM
QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 10 2016, 10:21 AM) *
yeah, thats exactly where I got mine. every so often a couple seem to pop up on ebay. Tons of them in the states but as soon as you filter the results to UK, it's like 1 or 2. No way I could have got one new but they seem solid enough units, the one I got looks mint.

The one on eBay ends in just over a day. Starting price £200 buy now £300 plus £20 p&p. Decisions on whether just to bid on it or buy it now.I really don't like getting into a bidding war I end up losing laugh.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 10 2016, 10:33 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Apr 10 2016, 10:26 AM) *
The one on eBay ends in just over a day. Starting price £200 buy now £300 plus £20 p&p. Decisions on whether just to bid on it or buy it now.I really don't like getting into a bidding war I end up losing laugh.gif

LOL! I hear that wink.gif I got mine for 310 inc postage on a buy it now for the same reason smile.gif you're probably doing well if you manage to snag one for under 300.

--------------------

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Apr 10 2016, 11:30 AM
QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 10 2016, 10:33 AM) *
LOL! I hear that wink.gif I got mine for 310 inc postage on a buy it now for the same reason smile.gif you're probably doing well if you manage to snag one for under 300.

I just decided to buy it now. £318. Not to bad looking forward to getting it . I imagine Wednesday smile.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 10 2016, 12:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Apr 10 2016, 11:30 AM) *
I just decided to buy it now. £318. Not to bad looking forward to getting it . I imagine Wednesday smile.gif

Thats awesome smile.gif congrats. Does it have the expansion pack on it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Apr 10 2016, 12:41 PM
QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 10 2016, 12:28 PM) *
Thats awesome smile.gif congrats. Does it have the expansion pack on it?

cheers mate. Yes it does have the expansion pack smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 12 2016, 04:43 PM
Super congrats smile.gif Glad you got the expansion pack too! Some killer amps. The 11rack has some really good emulations of amps and a nice xlr input in front for recording amps/vocals, etc. and you can record dry signal and fx signal to separate tracks in your daw.

Be sure to download the drivers and the stand alone editor. Then you can start downloading patches from my thread and the web.

Also, don't forget the fx loop is mid controllable, so you can put just about anything in it. I have a high gain preamp in it that I can turn on and off with a midi pedal which is handy smile.gif

I also have a POD HD and it has wads more fx and a harmonizer, but the amps just don't sound as good to me. Less clear, more fizzy, etc. Avid did a fine job. If you need a Mesa or Fender Twin, you can have it for pretty cheap with the 11r.

Of course the kemper and axe are just better units, but they also cost double/triple/quadruple depending.

For the money, still the best buy out there IMHO.

Todd

QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Apr 10 2016, 06:41 AM) *
cheers mate. Yes it does have the expansion pack smile.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Apr 13 2016, 07:14 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 12 2016, 04:43 PM) *
Super congrats smile.gif Glad you got the expansion pack too! Some killer amps. The 11rack has some really good emulations of amps and a nice xlr input in front for recording amps/vocals, etc. and you can record dry signal and fx signal to separate tracks in your daw.

Be sure to download the drivers and the stand alone editor. Then you can start downloading patches from my thread and the web.

Also, don't forget the fx loop is mid controllable, so you can put just about anything in it. I have a high gain preamp in it that I can turn on and off with a midi pedal which is handy smile.gif

I also have a POD HD and it has wads more fx and a harmonizer, but the amps just don't sound as good to me. Less clear, more fizzy, etc. Avid did a fine job. If you need a Mesa or Fender Twin, you can have it for pretty cheap with the 11r.

Of course the kemper and axe are just better units, but they also cost double/triple/quadruple depending.

For the money, still the best buy out there IMHO.

Todd

Cheers Todd

The eleven rack arrived yesterday. I downloaded the drivers and the editor. All seems to be working well. I also downloaded some of you're patches. Really enjoyed them thanks. Time was a bit limited last night so hopefully tonight I will get to spend a good few hours on it and learn more about it smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:55 PM