2 Pages V  < 1 2  
New Amp :blink:, Around $450 mainly for Rock
Owen
Nov 21 2007, 12:24 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 20 2007, 03:20 PM) *
Why do you think I went to the trouble of marrying an American girl so I could move here wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I dont think I would mind living in the states, but dont they fingerprint you and dna you and stuff on your way in? huh.gif having said that I'd be all for the idea if I thought I could get cheap(er) Galadriels! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't Panic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 21 2007, 12:38 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (sillyman @ Nov 20 2007, 09:22 PM) *
no at sum point i intend to go to the place ironically callled marshall music(nothing to do with Marshall amps) and try those that i listed above out and then see what sounds best

btw do you have a south african internet store we could check what's in stock?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Nov 21 2007, 12:38 AM

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 21 2007, 03:01 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 20 2007, 06:24 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I dont think I would mind living in the states, but dont they fingerprint you and dna you and stuff on your way in? huh.gif having said that I'd be all for the idea if I thought I could get cheap(er) Galadriels! laugh.gif

They only do that stuff if you are a stinking foreigner wink.gif

I occupy an uneasy ground between that and citizen - I have a card that means I don;t get fingerprinted every time ... and yes, the Galadriels are cheaper biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
sillyman
Nov 21 2007, 01:26 PM
Marshall music

Thats the website i've been looking at. its bout the biggest music store in the country from what i can see

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)
Ibanez 10 watt amp (hell no)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 21 2007, 01:51 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
A couple suggestions from that site, don't know whether they fall within your budget or not since here it's Rand and you said 450 USD, I don't know the rate.

A solid state - Hughes and Kettner Matrix 100
All tube, made in China for lower cost - Peavey Valveking 1x12
British all tube (price a but steep huh?) - Laney LC15R
Crate GT121 - reviewed in the Gear forum

The first three are amps I would concider having myself, the Crate I trust what Uncreator says in his review.

EDIT: I tried to link to the amps but didn't work out. Just search for them on the Marshall site

This post has been edited by MickeM: Nov 21 2007, 01:51 PM

+Quote Post
sillyman
Nov 21 2007, 03:31 PM
the hughe and kettner is a bit above my range but if i really lyk it den il save for it ,and as for the laney isnt 15 a bit small or am i getting confused? the peavey also looks nice but its a lil too far out of my price range.
the Laney TF300 looks good to me but no 1 here has mentioned it , is there something wrong with it?

By the way MickeM thanks for taking the time to look through the website, that was really appreciated

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 22 2007, 10:01 PM
Instructor
Heres my review of my gigging amp. Hope you find it usefull.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=8830

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
sillyman
Nov 27 2007, 09:02 PM
that was excellent review ivan thanks. i think im just gna go there and hav a look cause i don't think im going to get anywher by talking about it. thanks guys your help has been great

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:47 PM