Tab/practicing Question
Pu11ingteeth
Feb 8 2008, 11:07 PM
GMC:er
Hey Andrew, I just had a small question about the tabs, so I figured I'd ask it here. What does it mean when you put an "L" on a tab...for example, from Gabriel's Alice in Chains style lesson:

E|-----------------------|-------------------------|
B|-----------------------|-------------------------|
G|-----------------------|-------------------------|
D|-----------------------|-------------------------|
A|-------4-------3----2-|--L--------5------------|
E|--2---------2---------|-----2--2--3----0--2--3-|

oh...and another question...I know a few licks and songs by heart, that I know very well...but I can never seem to be able to play perfectly every time..even though I've been practicing them for a while...and then I see some of these videos and I wonder if you guys record over and over again to make it absolutely perfect or if there's some trick to it. If I mess up even once I get all confused, and have to start over again...

Just a few simple questions, thanks for your time.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 9 2008, 02:33 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Hi there!

First of all, the "L" means a tid note - its two notes that are played as one - you just add the durations together to get a longer note.

On tab that doesn't mean a lot as there is no duration information on them, but it is used a lot more in music notation.

Regarding getting stuff right - its a combination of practoce and playing wihtin your abilities really.To get something perfect you need to practice it slowly to a metronome and then speed it up over time only increasing the speed when you get it perfect. After a lot of repetition you will be able to play it perfectly at the right speed!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:02 AM