> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Mataal's Guitar Development Lab
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 2 2013, 03:52 PM
Instructor
Hello there!

This here is your personal thread, in which we shall deal with helping you achieve your guitar playing/ musical goals smile.gif

Please tell me a few words about yourself and your music/ guitar playing achievements so far - where are you now and where you'd like to be and if you have any recordings of yourself, please do share biggrin.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mataal
Jan 2 2013, 04:29 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Cosmin, great to work with you so let me tell you the history smile.gif

I've played for around 1 and half years, 17 years ago and had a metal band etc. then got girlfriend, married, children, work and in the last 15 years didn't touched the guitar sad.gif

Last 2 years or something were very hard, lost one of the companies, debts, etc., was able to keep one company and things are going ok but just got to bottom and felt down, even depressed and I remember my guitar, lost my marshall, not idea where it went, the guitar was in bad shape also. I've got a new guitar, a white Schecter Omen-6 which I love it and have an Ibanez small amp with 17 years old which sucks lol and since I'm playing mostly at night when kids are sleeping it's complicated so I got one amp that connects to guitar and outputs to phones at the moment.

Now there is google and learn a lot, been playng for around 2 months maybe less now.

My problem is that time is not much, if I have one hour a day is good, so I need to make that time COUNT and for that I need help . A minute will be important in my case.

I don't expect to live from it but I want to be able to play as much of the bands and artists I ear for years as much as possible and that is a realistic goal.

In the site, I've started to see what level I am, and seems that I'm around 3, LOL, can play the solo of https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/neocla..._for_beginners/ but the bends just destroyed my fingers LOL

Now I was trying to get into https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Winter-Tune/ just love it smile.gif

That was a resume of it smile.gif

Best regards,
Pedro Gonçalves

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 2 2013, 09:41 PM
Instructor
Hello Pedro! I read your story and I intend to make your time here worth while smile.gif

The lessons you chose are simple and not so simple - the technical level is not that high but the interpretation level is high so I think you chose well, if you aim to improve yourself as a great interpreter smile.gif

Before starting to discuss, I was curious if you are able to record yourself? Your recording is my way to see how your playing is going, so it would help a big, big lot smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Mataal
Jan 2 2013, 09:51 PM
Learning Roadie
Yes, I believe I can do that tomorrow, not sure if the sound will be good or not but will try smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 3 2013, 09:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mataal @ Jan 2 2013, 08:51 PM) *
Yes, I believe I can do that tomorrow, not sure if the sound will be good or not but will try smile.gif

Alright mate, we'll take it from there wink.gif

+Quote Post
Mataal
Jan 8 2013, 12:11 AM
Learning Roadie
Can I save it with GarageBand or what do you recommend to use?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 8 2013, 08:59 AM
Instructor
Hey mate, as long as the recording ends up in a conventional format, use whatever you see fit to work with smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mataal
Jan 11 2013, 06:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Cosmin, ok made a first save was fighting with computer to save it lol.

Need to learn a little more about it, I'm a webdeveloper but music apps never used.

For now, I've done this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiL6mskKrpQ
It's over https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/neocla..._for_beginners/
Should have saved it over the backing track.

I'll do some more now that I'm getting into it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 11 2013, 11:36 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! This is not bad at all! The timing is good, the tone is nice and it seems like you got it pretty tight! Oh there was one bend that didn't come out just right in there smile.gif

I would like you to start vibrating and bending using your wrist though and also, the right hand seems to be working extra with that pick smile.gif The wrist should be going into action here as well. Have you ever tried to bend/ vibrate and pick using your wrists? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mataal
Jan 12 2013, 06:12 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Cosmin,

"Oh there was one bend that didn't come out just right in there"
Yes, bends are not good yet smile.gif

"I would like you to start vibrating and bending using your wrist though and also, the right hand seems to be working extra with that pick The wrist should be going into action here as well. Have you ever tried to bend/ vibrate and pick using your wrists?"
Nope, no idea about that smile.gif Any lesson about it?

I saw a lesson from Ben about slides and bends which is something I want to check it out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 12 2013, 10:48 PM
Instructor
Please do, there's also this little movie I've done that you can take a look at if you wish smile.gif Let me know when you'll have new stuff to show me smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jan 12 2013, 10:48 PM

+Quote Post
Mataal
Jan 13 2013, 06:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Cosmin, thanks I'll keep working on bends. It's the pinky that doesn't have strength yet to make it go upper on that note eheheh

Also, I've been playing to work the fingers out, what do you think?
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...inger-work-out/

I'll also start work on:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Slides-Bends/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch-II/

Need to find one for rhythm also to work with chords which I've not been doing much, if you remember a cool one let me know.
I'll probably try https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...c-metal-rhythm/

Thanks a lot
Pedro

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 14 2013, 09:20 AM
Instructor
Hey Pedro! Looks like you already packed a list here smile.gif These are good, especially if you get them up to tempo and play them clean and tight!

For rhythm, I think this one could be a good catch wink.gif -> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...d-rock-rhythm3/

It sounds more like 80s hair metal, but it has good dynamics - bends, vibrato and it works with groups of strings, which I think can work wonders for your playing smile.gif

What do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Mataal
Jan 14 2013, 11:46 PM
Learning Roadie
Sounds good smile.gif

The bendings are killing the fingers lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 15 2013, 08:28 AM
Instructor
Glad ya like it smile.gif Well, that's what's usually going on when having to deal with bending - even in my case, when I'm dealing less with bends and I need to use them again extensively, my fingers start knocking me out laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Mataal
Jan 15 2013, 03:04 PM
Learning Roadie
I've saved another one, there's a few timing issues and the bloddy bendings but I've tried it only for a couple hours so, will improve it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UksdvZu7So

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 15 2013, 11:06 PM
Instructor
Hey Pedro - this is good stuff! A bit rigid in some spots and there were those bends at about 0:58 that need to be taken care of. Mate, I think you are on the good way with playing in general, but you need extra focus and determination to get to the next level! I'll be here to assist you on that path biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Mataal
Jan 16 2013, 10:50 AM
Learning Roadie
Yep, going to exercice bends, last night saw some cool videos are they are getting better, I now know that the bends should sound notes down in the string that we do it, now I know what is the tab information saying 1/4, full, etc hehehe

In a week will do the same videos and can compare if it's better (crossfingers, lol).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 16 2013, 11:15 AM
Instructor
Mate - I would recommend using your ears more than tabs when it comes down to tackling expressiveness in a piece smile.gif Looking forward to your new videos smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mataal
Jan 16 2013, 12:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Hears are getting better, but was important to learn how it worked wink.gif

The issue is time, only play an hour a day (some days don't even play) in around 2 months, what I think the struggle will be later on is to increase speed with the time I have, we'll see smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:25 AM