Seymour Duncan Sfx-03
-Zion-
Apr 18 2009, 07:38 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey everyone..

Been looking to get a funky new distortion/overdrive pedal, and to put it mildly, it's really really tough to find the "right" one.. We have a saying here: "I cant see the forest because of all the trees"..

anyways.. i've been looking for a pedal that could give me a distorted rhythm but also give me a little boost when i need to solo.. The sound should be "ol' school rock & roll".. not chuck berry old, but more like led zep or something similar.

I am playing my 1958 Les Paul Reissue and at home i have a BlackStar HT-5 combo amp.. at the bands practice place i have a Marshall JCM-900 stack (unfortunately not mine, but i use it).

I found the Seymour Duncan SFX-03 (Twin-Tube Classic), and was kinda interested in it because of the two channels with each channel having their own volume and gain controls..

Anybody here have any experience with the Twin-Tube or perhaps another pedal that can fit my needs?

Thanks in advance

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 18 2009, 09:17 PM
Instructor
I recently tried this in the store when searching a replacement for my SD1 stomp, and I loved it! I think you should definitely try it out, it has a very smooth and quality sound, and several modes of working, from vintage to some top end distorted tones. Awesome

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Apr 18 2009, 09:17 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Apr 18 2009, 10:22 PM
Learning Roadie
looks cool.. i'll definately check it out.. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:32 AM