3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Guitar Related Fantasies, What have you always wanted to do?
Soul_Decision
Nov 11 2007, 03:41 PM
GMC:er
Become really good at guitar and be in a band that becomes huge all over the world. Oh and beat Spiderusalem at guitar when I see him playing on the steets biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Nov 11 2007, 03:45 PM
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 11 2007, 05:25 AM) *
thats easy. trying winning Kirk Hammetts Arm in a Guitar match.

laugh.gif

Oh, and to defeat someone in a guitar duel... cheating via a killswitch would be acceptable. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Nov 11 2007, 03:46 PM

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 11 2007, 04:37 PM
QUOTE (Soul_Decision @ Nov 11 2007, 06:41 AM) *
Become really good at guitar and be in a band that becomes huge all over the world. Oh and beat Spiderusalem at guitar when I see him playing on the steets biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

lol about that....
I was playing outside a friends house garage band style, just messing around while we talked. This old-ish guy came by and asked if he could try my hellraiser (which, I would be a d*** if I said no) so I said yes. This is kinda how guitar pwnage happens on the mean streets of san francisco. someone asks to play your guitar (and its rude to say no) and if they sound better than you, than you lose major coolness points.

So back to my story. I hand him my guitar, and I get nervous when he pulls out his own pick. Inside i'm like "oh no, he's prepared" but thats not all.

HE PULLS OUT TWO OF HIS OWN PEDALS!

and begins to wail on my axe like I couldnt believe. then after a good two minutes of him sounding awesome, he pulls out his pedals, thanks me and starts to leave.....

It felt like he came by just to make out with my girlfriend in front of me while i sit there idley and watch her enjoy it......

So I stabbed him.

no that last part is a lie, but you know.

This post has been edited by Spiderusalem: Nov 11 2007, 04:39 PM

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Nov 11 2007, 05:44 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 10 2007, 12:58 PM) *

My daughter growing up to be, and recognised as, a great musician (unlike her dad on both counts rolleyes.gif ) and of course happy.

wink.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

Dude i think thats got to be every father's fantasy to see there kid make it and follow the dreams you once had for yourself.My daughter is 6 and i still think she may pick up the guitar and be serious sometime later,BUT my son thats 1 is who i really hope gives me the time to show him what music can do for you.Thats my ultimate dream to teach him very young,have him better than me by 13 laugh.gif and for him to make it .I can even get tears in my eye's thinking of this and i think nothing would make me more proud.I really think my sons gonna do it,meaning i think he is going to be a guitarist like me and let me teach him.I really look forward to these times ahead.

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Nov 11 2007, 05:56 PM
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 11 2007, 10:37 AM) *
lol about that....
I was playing outside a friends house garage band style, just messing around while we talked. This old-ish guy came by and asked if he could try my hellraiser (which, I would be a d*** if I said no) so I said yes. This is kinda how guitar pwnage happens on the mean streets of san francisco. someone asks to play your guitar (and its rude to say no) and if they sound better than you, than you lose major coolness points.

So back to my story. I hand him my guitar, and I get nervous when he pulls out his own pick. Inside i'm like "oh no, he's prepared" but thats not all.

and begins to wail on my axe like I couldnt believe. then after a good two minutes of him sounding awesome, he pulls out his pedals, thanks me and starts to leave.....

It felt like he came by just to make out with my girlfriend in front of me while i sit there idley and watch her enjoy it......
So I stabbed him.

Thats why you just gotta keep practing non-stop Spider smile.gif There's always gonna be someone better than you so you just gotta put so much work into it to narrow the odd's more in your favor biggrin.gif Also i Love your guitar dude its really sweet especially the paint job

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 11 2007, 06:50 PM
Lets go fishing!
Well as far as guitar related fantasys go, I think rocking out on stage with Paul and Bucket would be a pretty incredble experience laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

But back to the real world, i dont really have any... I play because i just love to play!! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 11 2007, 09:41 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Nov 11 2007, 11:56 AM) *
Thats why you just gotta keep practing non-stop Spider smile.gif There's always gonna be someone better than you so you just gotta put so much work into it to narrow the odd's more in your favor biggrin.gif

Now I like that thought - you'll never be better than everyone, but each hour you practice you are influencing the odds that you'll be better than most people you meet smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 11 2007, 09:51 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
It's kind of comforting knowing that statistically out there somewhere is a guitar player actually worse then me smile.gif .

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 11 2007, 09:58 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 11 2007, 03:51 PM) *
It's kind of comforting knowing that statistically out there somewhere is a guitar player actually worse then me smile.gif .

Actually Tony, in your case, probably not ... but then the statistical universe of humans is vast so you might get lucky wink.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 11 2007, 10:02 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 11 2007, 12:58 PM) *
Actually Tony, in your case, probably not ...

Comforting thoughts from Moderator to Moderator smile.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 11 2007, 10:06 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 11 2007, 02:58 PM) *
Actually Tony, in your case, probably not ... but then the statistical universe of humans is vast so you might get lucky wink.gif

Ah well guess someone has to be at the bottom of the pile. At least I can say that I truely excel at being bad cool.gif .

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Nov 11 2007, 03:02 PM) *
Comforting thoughts from Moderator to Moderator smile.gif

laugh.gif maybe I should switch sides unsure.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Animosity
Nov 12 2007, 03:06 AM
No way man, I have to arm wrestle the whole band! Hetfield is ripped, and Ulrich would beat on the side of my head with a drumstick.

QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 11 2007, 07:44 AM) *
Or they get someone like leo dicaprio to play him.

I'm going to punch you.

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Nov 12 2007, 03:52 AM
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 11 2007, 07:37 AM) *
lol about that....

So I stabbed him.

Lol, Wow 2 of his own pedals. I've never seen anyone do that before.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 12 2007, 06:18 AM
QUOTE (Soul_Decision @ Nov 11 2007, 06:52 PM) *
Lol, Wow 2 of his own pedals. I've never seen anyone do that before.

and no one else will probably ever see anyone else do that. It was just ME! the guitar gods are punishing me for something..... mellow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 12 2007, 06:21 AM
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 12 2007, 12:18 AM) *
and no one else will probably ever see anyone else do that. It was just ME! the guitar gods are punishing me for something..... mellow.gif

But what? Where to start ...

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Nov 12 2007, 06:31 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 11 2007, 09:21 PM) *
But what? Where to start ...

I bet you Andrew sent him....after all we tried to take him on and steal some JEMS......

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 12 2007, 06:37 AM
QUOTE (Soul_Decision @ Nov 11 2007, 09:31 PM) *
I bet you Andrew sent him....after all we tried to take him on and steal some JEMS......

which....it will take sometime before we can try that again.

My self esteem, and more importantly my ego were somewhat damaged in the experience.

and when I say somewhat damaged, I mean I lubricate my guitar strings with my tears of jealousy and anguish.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 12 2007, 06:39 AM
QUOTE (Soul_Decision @ Nov 12 2007, 12:31 AM) *

Surely you don't believe that ?? *snigger it worked! *

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Nov 12 2007, 06:39 AM
Mine would be playing a 10 minute crowd pleasing solo of my own making, on stage after, winning the Bassmasters Classic or FLW championship. Man, I may still do that someday. I am qualified for both.

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Nov 12 2007, 06:43 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Nov 12 2007, 06:43 AM
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 11 2007, 04:37 PM) *
long rant about him getting owned

Why do I want to move to san fransisco when hearning that? And I can't stop laughing about the fact that he carried two pedals with him, it's so hillarious, but still kind of sad.. mellow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:40 AM