Paul Gilbert!
mattacuk
Mar 5 2007, 10:15 PM
Lets go fishing!
So I have finally found someone who i really ENJOY listening too!! This is of course, paul gilbert.
Can anyone tell me what keys he is playing in here? what a video !!!! cool.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpaWI4bEnWE

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Mar 6 2007, 03:12 PM
GMC:er
Yeah, T.D. is a classic song. Scarified is a good one, too. As is Mt. Fuji Xmas, all of Paul's new "Get Out Of My Yard" instrumental album, Skit Scat Wah, Colorado Bulldog, Down to Mexico, and of course his "classical" songs like Gilberto Concerto, Whole Lotta Sonata, The Jig, G.V.R.O., etc...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 7 2007, 01:26 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I love his song Gilberto Concerto, Paul gilbert and any project he is involved with is awesome, Racer X, Mr. Big, And his solo stuff, and hes on G3 This year

+Quote Post
Ibanez_player
Mar 7 2007, 01:48 AM
Technical Difficulties is in E minor in case you were still wondering. Paul Gilbert is pretty cool. BTW a lot of his classical songs are based on bach compositions.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 7 2007, 02:29 AM
Also, how paul gilbert plays with Sheehan (Billy Sheehan) is just amazing, epseically live

+Quote Post
Matt_Herd
Mar 10 2007, 09:03 PM
He has some videos from the 1980s, "Guitar from mars 1 & 2" and also "terrifying guitar trip". I dont have guitar from mars but i have the trip its a good video does everything from blues shred country classical"real classical not neo" and acoustic stuff.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 11 2007, 05:03 PM
Lets go fishing!
I would like to dicuss Paul Gilberts technique some more. I notice he mainly plays 3 notes per string scales rather than 2 notes pentatonics? is this correct??what is his style of practice?

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 12 2007, 03:36 AM
Yeah he is a 3 note per string kinda guy, i have seen (or heard) him use 2 note and 4 note per string licks though.

He also has like 6 inch finger that allow him ultimate reach anywhere on his neck at any and all times

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 14 2007, 04:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 6 2007, 09:26 PM) *
I love his song Gilberto Concerto, Paul gilbert and any project he is involved with is awesome, Racer X, Mr. Big, And his solo stuff, and hes on G3 This year

Paul Gilbert on G3??? Are you sure? wau!!! it would be amazing!! Nice news! Thank you.

Gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 14 2007, 12:45 PM
Lets go fishing!
Scarified is my fave PG track, I love the video on you tube in there space suites!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 15 2007, 03:33 AM
That video is a classic

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 17 2007, 02:23 PM
Lets go fishing!
I just thought I would share this PG video with everyone!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wv7Z0DpJRM

I would love to see a PG style lesson here at GMC cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Mar 17 2007, 04:48 PM
^ Me 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 19 2007, 10:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Mar 17 2007, 10:23 AM) *
I just thought I would share this PG video with everyone!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wv7Z0DpJRM

I would love to see a PG style lesson here at GMC cool.gif

Amazing video Matt!! Paul Gilbert is a great guitar player.-

gabriel.-

----------

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Apr 5 2007, 01:49 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 19 2007, 10:16 PM) *
Amazing video Matt!! Paul Gilbert is a great guitar player.-

gabriel.-
----------

Thanks gabi!! I have been listening/watching more and more PG everyday. Im hopeing to be able to master the techniques to be able to attempt his style of play! cool.gif

QUOTE (InstruMental Case @ Mar 6 2007, 03:12 PM) *
Yeah, T.D. is a classic song. Scarified is a good one, too. As is Mt. Fuji Xmas, all of Paul's new "Get Out Of My Yard" instrumental album, Skit Scat Wah, Colorado Bulldog, Down to Mexico, and of course his "classical" songs like Gilberto Concerto, Whole Lotta Sonata, The Jig, G.V.R.O., etc...

great post dude!! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Apr 14 2007, 08:25 PM
He's my personal favourite guitarist, all of hes tunes sound purely FUN, and if someday I'll be able to play some of he's tunes, I'll be pleased (Atleast for a week, then I'll have a new goal probably).

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:20 AM