$650-$750, what r my shred options
sillyman
May 13 2007, 07:19 PM
GMC:er
im looking to save up about R5000 (+-$700) by the end of the year and i could use some advice on a good shred guitar with tremolo any advice from the masters? im thinking along the lines of ibanez

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by sillyman: May 13 2007, 07:29 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Andrew Cockburn
May 13 2007, 08:04 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (sillyman @ May 13 2007, 02:19 PM) *
im looking to save up about R5000 (+-$700) by the end of the year and i could use some advice on a good shred guitar with tremolo any advice from the masters? im thinking along the lines of ibanez

That puts you in between the RG and the RG prestige - prestiges are better made (in Japan) and have far better tremeloes. IMO they are worth the extra, though I am not an expert.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
May 13 2007, 08:22 PM
CALLING PAVEL WE NEED AN ANSWER FOR IBANEZ QUESTIONS biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 13 2007, 10:58 PM
Instructor
Hahahaha guys did you notice a funny thing now? As soon as somebody asks about the new guitar - ALL of us answer IBANEZ RG! hahaha

Yeah, you can get some RG Prestige serie model for that money!!
It would be best if you could contact your local dealer and ask him about the prices and models - than we can suggest you some models in particular list!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Mark Schiewe
May 14 2007, 02:46 PM
Fernandes Pro Revolver 81! Its such a sweet guitar because of its famous sustainer pickup that Vai uses to give you endless sustain to any note. And also it has a real 81m EMG, the tremelo is not floating though it that is a problem for you, but it is still a real Floyd Rose.

http://www.fernandesguitars.com/rp81.html

--------------------
Just remember, the last name is pronounced she-we

IPB Image My baby :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 15 2007, 03:12 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Ibanez RG, they all are great, and they will shred well, oh yes they will!

And make sure you get an Ibanez with the Edge Pro Floating Bridge, god they are awesome, my strings never go out of tune!

+Quote Post
sillyman
May 16 2007, 07:08 PM
thanks for the advice but unfortunatley the guitars around here are all alot more expensive and i've had to set my sights a little lower . at the guitar shop nearby i found an ibanez sa260 that seems pretty good but i want to get a second opinion, any comments on this guitar or the sa range?

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)
Ibanez 10 watt amp (hell no)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 17 2007, 01:23 AM
Ehh, well all Ibanez guitars are good, i just prefer RG Way more than The S Series.

Try This.
http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RG350DX

Its like $399 and its a fantastic Guitar

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: May 17 2007, 01:23 AM

+Quote Post
sillyman
May 17 2007, 06:11 PM
ja i like the look of the rg and hav heard great things but they seem to be a helluva lot more expensive around , dam this country

This post has been edited by sillyman: May 17 2007, 06:14 PM

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 17 2007, 06:13 PM
That one is only $399, which is way under your $650-$750 limit, and i know it plays as good as a $1000 guitar

+Quote Post
sillyman
May 17 2007, 06:30 PM
il try and find that one but the prices here aren't proportional to those overseas, even with the exchange rate the rgs are twice the price but thanks for the tip

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 17 2007, 06:37 PM
Ah, i didnt know you lived outside the states.

+Quote Post
sillyman
May 17 2007, 06:38 PM
ja frigging south africa wat experience do you hav with the sa series

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 17 2007, 06:49 PM
Ive played a few, like this one

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=SAS36FM&c=TG

And it was a very good guitar, but i dont have that much experience with them other than a few hours of play time, Pavel might know more of the SA Series, but im mostly know of the RG Series and S Series.

+Quote Post
sillyman
May 17 2007, 07:02 PM
what about the difference in fret size the sa is sposed to have the medium fets , what difference does that make in terms of playability

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 17 2007, 07:14 PM
Well its a matter of personal preference, i prefer Jumbo frets because my fingers fit better on the fretboard at the 20-24 frets, and my hand positioning for chords is a bit wider than usual, so the wider frets around 1 through 7 fit my hand nice and neat so i can play comfortably.

Try both out, and for most people it seems, the fret size doesnt bother them that much.

+Quote Post
sillyman
May 17 2007, 09:08 PM
shot for the advice

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)

+Quote Post
sillyman
May 25 2007, 03:16 PM
Hi all
I've found a epiphone at my local guitar shop that is in my price range. it is second hand but in good condition. it is a les paul studio goth. what do you do think anyone have any experience with one

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 25 2007, 04:54 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (sillyman @ May 25 2007, 04:16 PM) *
Hi all
I've found a epiphone at my local guitar shop that is in my price range. it is second hand but in good condition. it is a les paul studio goth. what do you do think anyone have any experience with one

in the subject you said "shred options", the LP is not a shred machine in my opinion. If you get a good copy you'll be close to Gibson sound. Machine heads, bridge and stuff might be of lower quality, I'm not sure. I never had any problems though.

+Quote Post
sillyman
May 28 2007, 06:33 PM
Ja i know i was going for ibanez shredder but i was told that you get really good tone out of the les pauls but when i played an epiphone LP i wasn't that impressed so now i'm back to ibanez

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:08 PM