No Guitar Genre's
Mertay
Feb 16 2020, 08:31 AM
GMC:er
I listened to this song;

Then noticed I didn't hear electric guitar in a synthwave song before, same goes for EDM. Funny thing is many bands (linkin park for example) got very successful combining electronica with rock. Made me think there's still room for creativeness even in well known (or even old) genre's today.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 17 2020, 02:28 AM
I'm a HUGE fan of SYNTHWAVE. I'm so stoked that it's a "thing". Some really great music is being produced in the Genre. McRocklin and Hutch is a personal fave smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 16 2020, 03:31 AM) *
I listened to this song;

Then noticed I didn't hear electric guitar in a synthwave song before, same goes for EDM. Funny thing is many bands (linkin park for example) got very successful combining electronica with rock. Made me think there's still room for creativeness even in well known (or even old) genre's today.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2020, 03:30 PM
Instructor
I really enjoy this style! I'm not enjoying The Weeknd new song, and discovered a band called The Midnight.

What about this?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 17 2020, 04:28 PM

Cool shares, Youtube suggested this to me smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 18 2020, 02:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 17 2020, 12:28 PM) *

Cool shares, Youtube suggested this to me smile.gif

That's a very cool concept! Thanks for sharing!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 19 2020, 07:05 AM
Very cool tune abnd the video is awesome!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 17 2020, 10:30 AM) *
I really enjoy this style! I'm not enjoying The Weeknd new song, and discovered a band called The Midnight.

What about this?

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 19 2020, 12:30 PM

I have been noodling with synth.s and loops for 2-3 weeks now. With basic chord theory and some thought given to inversions, as the computer is so easy to compose by listening playback (some genre's need no theory at all actually). A GMC'er may not have a midi-keyboard but using the mouse is ideal anyway for beginners. A small intro I made (used both loops and synth., but this is more experimental for me rather than imitating a style));

[attachment=49812:deneme.mp3]

This post has been edited by Mertay: Feb 19 2020, 12:30 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 20 2020, 07:01 AM
It's like Synthwave but with more modern drum samples. I like it!!! It's been amazing to see how fast synthwave/retrowave has blown up on youtube. All the sudden there are hundreds of folks/bands playing stuff that sounds spot on right out of the eighties. After watching that video on how easy it is to create synth wave now using fruity loops, I guess it makes sense why we are seeing so much of it. It's just not that hard to do with modern tools and it's retro so it sounds cool smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 19 2020, 07:30 AM) *

I have been noodling with synth.s and loops for 2-3 weeks now. With basic chord theory and some thought given to inversions, as the computer is so easy to compose by listening playback (some genre's need no theory at all actually). A GMC'er may not have a midi-keyboard but using the mouse is ideal anyway for beginners. A small intro I made (used both loops and synth., but this is more experimental for me rather than imitating a style));

[attachment=49812:deneme.mp3]

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 20 2020, 10:13 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 20 2020, 06:01 AM) *
It's like Synthwave but with more modern drum samples. I like it!!!

Thanks smile.gif if it ever turns into something probably I'll us it as a backing track for guitar soloing wink.gif

One interesting problem I faced was the modern sounds (pad-like stuff) are harder to arrange! They usually involve oct./fifth notes, a layer of different sound, phaser like fx...thats why if the arrangement is wanted to be thicker sounding, masking can be a real problem cause of clashing notes or frequencies.

With vintage sounds it can be just like arranging for orchestra on piano without such problems.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 20 2020, 11:59 PM

This one has something of Obscure of Acacia

The maker is a genius. Such neoclassical industrial elements. Not for the masses. One for the lovers.

This post has been edited by Potsau: Feb 21 2020, 12:35 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 21 2020, 12:31 AM
And this on is my fav of lithurgic choral.

Its like end of all time. Dystopian world. Everybody is dead. No hope. No hero.

This post has been edited by Potsau: Feb 21 2020, 12:32 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 21 2020, 08:57 AM
Cool!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 24 2020, 06:58 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 17 2020, 10:30 AM) *
I really enjoy this style! I'm not enjoying The Weeknd new song, and discovered a band called The

I thought it was some underground retro wave band at first! NOPE it's MUSE and they are a HUGE band especially in Europe. The vid and song are retrowave. It's amazing how underground music impacts the bigger acts.

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 11 2020, 07:42 PM

I want to leave you this Wolfenstein the nw order here. This is imho the best valuable game intro of all games I played. Its right the thing you should feel while playing the story. In an alternative dystopian hystorical changed world.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 11 2020, 07:54 PM
That game had killer music!! Anyone who has not played it, it's worth a rental at least! I loved that game and played through twice just to hear the music again. That's some of the best game music i've heard in a while.

Her is another example of synthwave making it in to games. This is not nearly as dark or nearly as cool as the one you shared. But it's a good example of synth wave showing up in the darndest places. Despite getting no radio/airplay, it's become a genre and is growing like a weed!

Anyone else notice synthwave popping up other places?

QUOTE (Potsau @ Mar 11 2020, 02:42 PM) *

I want to leave you this Wolfenstein the nw order here. This is imho the best valuable game intro of all games I played. Its right the thing you should feel while playing the story. In an alternative dystopian hystorical changed world.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:33 PM