2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Burek Festival, in serbia
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 10 2012, 12:14 PM
GMC:er
There's gonna Be Burek days Fest in The Serbia, Nis 13-15 sept.
ANd they're gonna break the Guinnes Record - to make the smallest and the biggest Burek in the world tongue.gif
Then u can eat it for free!! Everyone 's invited wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Sep 10 2012, 12:24 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 10 2012, 01:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 10 2012, 12:14 PM) *
There's gonna Be Burek days Fest in The Serbia, Nis 13-15 sept.
ANd they're gonna break the Guinnes Record - to make the smallest and the biggest Burek in the world tongue.gif
Then u can eat it for free!! Everyone 's invited wink.gif

I don't know what that is but it looks good. Is that broccoli in there ? tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 10 2012, 01:21 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 10 2012, 12:10 PM) *
I don't know what that is but it looks good. Is that broccoli in there ? tongue.gif

Nope man, that's some kind of herbs , like spinach filled with cheese and it's very tasty, some call it Cheese cake.

Here's World's biggest burek, it weights 200 Kilos and it's 8 square meters big smile.gif

And there's also the smallest one, weights only 5 gram, laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Sep 10 2012, 01:35 PM

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Sep 10 2012, 01:36 PM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 10 2012, 02:21 PM) *
Here's World's biggest burek, it weights 200 Kilos and it's 8 square meters big smile.gif

Now cover that in bacon and you're good to go! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 10 2012, 01:39 PM
QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Sep 10 2012, 12:36 PM) *
Now cover that in bacon and you're good to go! biggrin.gif

Oh no, that would be too much, believe me wink.gif

You should try Burek filled with meat also wink.gif

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Sep 10 2012, 01:47 PM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 10 2012, 02:39 PM) *
Oh no, that would be too much, believe me wink.gif

You should try Burek filled with meat also wink.gif

What kind of meat is there in it? Any kind you want or some specific? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 10 2012, 01:55 PM
Here's Burek with cheese, spinach or meat (usually pork, beef or lamb meat)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2012, 02:10 PM
Instructor
Awesome! it looks really good to me! Unfortunately I'm far from there, if not I would definitely go! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Himansu C Kerkar
Sep 10 2012, 03:22 PM
Hmm Looks good n m sure tastes great as well

No Harm in havin a small Brrrreakk with a Burrekk

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 10 2012, 04:24 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 10 2012, 01:10 PM) *
Awesome! it looks really good to me! Unfortunately I'm far from there, if not I would definitely go! biggrin.gif

Hm, actually i think u can get Burek in some Balkanians restaurants in America..

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 10 2012, 04:42 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I love Burek with cheese rolleyes.gif - sheep cheese - but not the cheap chees biggrin.gif

and would rather prefer the big ONE than the small ONE tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 10 2012, 04:45 PM
ohmy.gif With sheep chees it's hard to find!!

I like the regular one as well laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 10 2012, 04:53 PM
Hello Slavenko !

I thought it is sheep cheese the same stuff like the use in the turkish Börek !?

I am 53 years old now and all my life i thought i have been eating Burek with sheep cheese ,

tell me what did i eat then ?

Dieter

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 10 2012, 05:05 PM
Hallo Dieter smile.gif

We in Serbia are making Burek with soft-creamy cow cheese , maybe Turks make it different, i don.t know.
I also ate Burek with hard/goat cheese, but it was too dry for my taste.

Here's recipe for it, if u like wink.gif

http://easteuropeanfood.about.com/od/mainc...cheeseburek.htm

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Sep 10 2012, 05:07 PM

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 10 2012, 05:18 PM
Thank you a lot Slavenko !!!

I love Burek and i just told my wife about your recipe link - GREAT !

We will try that .

One of my neighbors is a turkish mother and with her son my wife and i did in younger times a lot of sport together,

theire childs are not anymore in Germany but when she is making Börek there is always a big piece for me because she knows i love it.

Anyway the Paste is not the same like in Burek - as i remember Burek is more softy inside a bit like nudel`s

and Börek is more thin paste inside and more try !?

It is not the best explanation i now but i hope you know what i mean .

Greetings to Serbia !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 10 2012, 05:33 PM
the burek's pastry 's more harder from the outside and softer in inside , but it's not as nudel.
U use special pastry to make Burek... U have to buy special kind of pastry just for burek

it looks like this

Can u buy thistzpe of pastry in Germany? Or maybe you can buy Burek in Turks Shops?

Grüss für Deustchland!!

+Quote Post
korblitz
Sep 10 2012, 08:46 PM
Oh man, I thought it was going to be a easy recipe. I have no idea how to acquire that pastry. I guess I´ll have to.... Improvise

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 11 2012, 07:12 AM
Instructor
korblitz - do you know how to cook?

On the topic - I LOVE Burek biggrin.gif I have tried it here many times at a Serbian pub but I think the original MUST be awesome.

My grandma is an expert on pastries so I guess I should talk to her about taking care of some Burek for the Lupu clan cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 11 2012, 08:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 10 2012, 01:55 PM) *
Here's Burek with cheese, spinach or meat (usually pork, beef or lamb meat)

Now that you've posted the pics of Burek with meat I'm sure I've seen this in the forum before. I think Cosmin or Sinisa (or somebody else from Eastern Europe) posted some pics of it.. it looks SO good !!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 11 2012, 09:52 AM
IDk, this is photo from some design site

Btw, but this isn't Eastern Europe, this's crossroads between Central and Southeastern Europe wink.gif

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Sep 11 2012, 09:52 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:43 AM