4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Fuzzy Blues Collab
Fran
Mar 16 2017, 11:40 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Nice job guys, great mix Gabe smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 16 2017, 02:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 15 2017, 05:32 PM) *
Well done everyone, another great collab and another stunning video by Gab. Gab your videos just keep getting better! The TV companies will be chasing you soon.

Glad you like the T-shirt smile.gif

Looking forward to the next one.

I love it man! When did you make it?

Yeah, this was more like a flashy tune so it deserved some extra work on the edition, and some cool images that "travel" with the music.

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Mar 15 2017, 08:20 PM) *
Nice! That was really awesome to watch. What a surprise to have Lady Gaga join us. smile.gif I think I'll go watch again. Thanks Gab and great contributions all!

yeah! she said that he'd like to learn some guitar so she subscribed GMC. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (MisterM @ Mar 16 2017, 02:12 AM) *
Hi there,

Thx Gab nice job on video... smile.gif

Happy to have contributed has this collab.
Damage that Caelumamittendum did not share its files.....

The sound of phill is very low on the finish ?

When mixing this type of collabs, I only focus on the "artistic side" of the tune. Phil's take is in most of the track but with an extreme modulator that acts like a synth pad from the end of Gaga's chorus to the end. In the end, the only thing sounding is Phil's take with the effect. This time his take added the "ambient" feel, on the previous collab he opened the track. It's never a personal thing, then mixing I do a subjective artistic work. smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 16 2017, 06:46 AM) *
YEAH!! Killer video and playing, guys!

Thanks Mr! We missed you on this one!

QUOTE (Fran @ Mar 16 2017, 07:40 AM) *
Nice job guys, great mix Gabe smile.gif

Thanks Fran!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 16 2017, 03:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (MisterM @ Mar 16 2017, 06:12 AM) *
Hi there,

Thx Gab nice job on video... smile.gif

Happy to have contributed has this collab.
Damage that Caelumamittendum did not share its files.....

The sound of phill is very low on the finish ?

Sorry about that smile.gif I forgot to save and in the end didn't have time to do new takes smile.gif

Great playing everyone!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 16 2017, 04:48 PM
GMC:er
Great job again everyone!! Well done Gab for another great bit if Editing/Mixing!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 16 2017, 06:39 PM
Was so good I watched twice smile.gif congrats everyone!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 16 2017, 06:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
that was rather outstanding biggrin.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 16 2017, 10:12 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 16 2017, 01:41 PM) *
I love it man! When did you make it?

Thanks Gab, I had it made on February 19th, it was delivered a few days later. It also appears in the first take HERE but you missed it laugh.gif For the British people out there I used http://www.streetshirts.co.uk/ and for one off it cost around £13 including delivery. I have worn it out in the street and if I see anyone walking with a guitar case or gig bag I always try to make sure they see it wink.gif

I don't know if you've seen but Monica has a similar tee shirt, check out her last REC take wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 16 2017, 11:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 16 2017, 06:12 PM) *
Thanks Gab, I had it made on February 19th, it was delivered a few days later. It also appears in the first take HERE but you missed it laugh.gif For the British people out there I used http://www.streetshirts.co.uk/ and for one off it cost around £13 including delivery. I have worn it out in the street and if I see anyone walking with a guitar case or gig bag I always try to make sure they see it wink.gif

I don't know if you've seen but Monica has a similar tee shirt, check out her last REC take wink.gif

hahaha I was so focused on guitar and I missed it! laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 17 2017, 02:43 AM
I probably did use to much gain, so it didn't match the other solos, which is probably why mine got cut out and buried under the vocals. Still, it was fun to play the wah with one hand smile.gif . Well played guys! I'll try to tone it down a bit on the next one smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 15 2017, 02:40 PM) *
Ok guys! I think that we DID IT again!!

We continue exploring new styles successfully and I can say that there is some nice fresh air on this one! Also, Lady Gaga has sent some vocals for this one... biggrin.gif

Thanks everybody for joining!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 17 2017, 10:27 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 16 2017, 10:16 PM) *
hahaha I was so focused on guitar and I missed it! laugh.gif

laugh.gif reminds me of this story Gab.

A man sat at a metro station in Washington DC and started to play the violin; it was a cold January morning. He played six Bach pieces for about 45 minutes. During that time, since it was rush hour, it was calculated that thousands of people went through the station, most of them on their way to work. Three minutes went by and a middle aged man noticed there was musician playing. He slowed his pace and stopped for a few seconds and then hurried up to meet his schedule. A minute later, the violinist received his first dollar tip: a woman threw the money in the till and without stopping continued to walk. A few minutes later, someone leaned against the wall to listen to him, but the man looked at his watch and started to walk again. Clearly he was late for work. The one who paid the most attention was a 3 year old boy. His mother tagged him along, hurried but the kid stopped to look at the violinist. Finally the mother pushed hard and the child continued to walk turning his head all the time. This action was repeated by several other children. All the parents, without exception, forced them to move on. In the 45 minutes the musician played, only 6 people stopped and stayed for a while. About 20 gave him money but continued to walk their normal pace. He collected $32. When he finished playing and silence took over, no one noticed it. No one applauded, nor was there any recognition. No one knew this but the violinist was Joshua Bell, one of the best musicians in the world. He played one of the most intricate pieces ever written with a violin worth 3.5 million dollars. Two days before his playing in the subway, Joshua Bell sold out at a theater in Boston and the seats averaged $100 a piece. This is a real story. Joshua Bell playing incognito in the metro station was organized by the Washington Post as part of an social experiment about perception, taste and priorities of people. The outlines were: in a commonplace environment at an inappropriate hour: Do we perceive beauty? Do we stop to appreciate it? Do we recognize the talent in an unexpected context? One of the possible conclusions from this experience could be: If we do not have a moment to stop and listen to one of the best musicians in the world playing the best music ever written, how many other things are we missing?

wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 17 2017, 01:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 16 2017, 10:43 PM) *
I probably did use to much gain, so it didn't match the other solos, which is probably why mine got cut out and buried under the vocals. Still, it was fun to play the wah with one hand smile.gif . Well played guys! I'll try to tone it down a bit on the next one smile.gif

I've done some pre versions and yes, as soon as your solo appeared it wasn't a smooth move. I've tried using it as intro, as outro, but after a 2 days of experimentation I though that it was better to use it in an ambient way. I think that the hand wah technique is a good idea by the way.

Thanks for joining mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 17 2017, 09:30 PM
That's what I figured smile.gif No worries. It was still a fun vid to make using my hand instead of my foot on the wah and then trying to play the entire solo with one hand. That's part of why the gain was so high, not using a pick at all, required a bit more gain. So i do get it smile.gif all these nice bluesy strat tones, then bam hyper gain and wah. Not gonna mix well. Clever save though on the Vocal bit! Probably wouldn't have worked any other way.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 17 2017, 08:32 AM) *
I've done some pre versions and yes, as soon as your solo appeared it wasn't a smooth move. I've tried using it as intro, as outro, but after a 2 days of experimentation I though that it was better to use it in an ambient way. I think that the hand wah technique is a good idea by the way.

Thanks for joining mate!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:18 PM