2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Your Workspace, What is it like?
PosterBoy
Mar 9 2012, 02:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Sorry that was meant for Ulrik

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 9 2012, 02:04 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Mar 9 2012, 07:00 AM) *
Sorry that was meant for Ulrik

That's okay. biggrin.gif You had me confused there. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Mar 9 2012, 02:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah off course, but it's so convinient with the fridge biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Mar 9 2012, 10:37 PM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 4 2012, 04:53 PM) *
Congrats! Having a space just for music is AWESOME thing. Here is my current setup.

[attachment=26593:todd_studio.jpg]

Todd, do you ever get the feeling like you are flying a 747 when you sit there? biggrin.gif Man, that is amazing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 9 2012, 10:43 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (thefireball @ Mar 4 2012, 07:52 PM) *
Cool, man! Do you have to keep it down since you are in an apartment? I mean, can the neighbors hear you play guitar and stuff? I would be self-conscience if they could hear me because they would hear all my wrong notes whilst practicing! laugh.gif

oooh, nice one, Brett!! I like the simpleness of it. Also, nice monitor! But doesn't it hurt your neck to have to look up all that way? It would mine..maybe.

Neighbors dont care, its an older bulding with poured concrete walls, so sound hardly gets through. The height doesnt bother me as my chair is rather high, plus I didnt have enough wood to spread the monitors further out left and right so oh well I guess laugh.gif

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Mar 5 2012, 11:40 AM) *
Here's an oldish one:

[attachment=26603:S12.JPG]

That one knob, cost $1,000,000,000,000,000,000.

To turn it? dont even get me started...

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 10 2012, 04:12 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (spacebran @ Mar 4 2012, 05:39 PM) *
I have the same keyboard as you laugh.gif

So do I! smile.gif I love that little keyboard. It's a cheapy and the keys are not "weighted" but for under $100 it's big enough to use both hands at once (the little one octave boards are a tad small imho) and it's very handy to have MIDI in the rig!

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 10 2012, 05:10 AM
QUOTE (JTaylor @ Mar 9 2012, 04:37 PM) *
Todd, do you ever get the feeling like you are flying a 747 when you sit there? biggrin.gif Man, that is amazing!

Now that you mention it! smile.gif A bit! Whoooooooshhhhh! Coming in for a landing, on the root note!

Attached Image

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 4 2012, 05:42 PM) *
My humble setup, built this yesterday actually - everything bolts to the wall behind, I have two more shelves to add on either side for some more equipment stashed away, but this is the jist of it.

Do you have a Subwoofer there under the desk? I see you have a spiff 7 string. The nearfield monitors on the desk are going to roll off before getting very low so some other method of hearing the bottom end, even good headphones for quick and dirty listening, is gonna help.

I ran in to this issue myself with my KRK rokit 6 monitors. They are punchy, but when I listened to a mix on a friends rig with much better speakers and a matched sub, I found what I was not hearing. He's using JBL studio monitors with a matched JBL 15 inch sub. I was just shocked at the difference. But his rig is just insane.
Attached Image

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 10 2012, 06:23 AM
Learning Roadie
I love this thread!! I hope more people post their setups. It doesn't have to be "killer." wink.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 10 2012, 09:58 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 9 2012, 09:43 PM) *
That one knob, cost $1,000,000,000,000,000,000.

To turn it? dont even get me started...

Exactly wink.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 10 2012, 09:35 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 10 2012, 01:10 AM) *
Do you have a Subwoofer there under the desk? I see you have a spiff 7 string. The nearfield monitors on the desk are going to roll off before getting very low so some other method of hearing the bottom end, even good headphones for quick and dirty listening, is gonna help.

I ran in to this issue myself with my KRK rokit 6 monitors. They are punchy, but when I listened to a mix on a friends rig with much better speakers and a matched sub, I found what I was not hearing. He's using JBL studio monitors with a matched JBL 15 inch sub. I was just shocked at the difference. But his rig is just insane.
Attached Image

No not yet, the bottom end on those monitors are actually quite intense, nothing that substitutes for a subwoofer but its quite decent for small setup like myself. It has a bass enhancer switch although I don't use it, its too much. I am currently doing my first song with these monitors, mixed with a pair of Sennheisers for reference, so I will probably post that soon to see exactly what I am missing.

The guitar is the 7 string version model of your 8 actually smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 10 2012, 10:05 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 4 2012, 10:53 PM) *
Congrats! Having a space just for music is AWESOME thing. Here is my current setup.

Wow killer setup Todd! It looks like a space shuttle command center smile.gif

I have lots of gear I would love to put in one space and make a dedicated recording room.
I'm getting tired of connecting and disconnecting stuff when I need to record something.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 18 2012, 07:08 PM
Instructor
How did I miss this awesome thread ??

Here's my totally humble 'don't know how I get away with it' setup ! wink.gif

Attached Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 18 2012, 07:38 PM
This reminds me. I think I could sit down in Todd's workspace, I could press any button while closing my eyes, and I would immediately blow his entire house up most likely.

That setups looks like the cockpit to a shuttle.

+Quote Post
Olivier777
Mar 18 2012, 10:48 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
lol great thread !

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 18 2012, 07:38 PM) *
This reminds me. I think I could sit down in Todd's workspace, I could press any button while closing my eyes, and I would immediately blow his entire house up most likely.

That's exactly what I thought ! biggrin.gif

Here is my current and multipurpose messy setup :
I haven't got any complain from neighbours yet. rolleyes.gif

Attached Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 18 2012, 10:52 PM
Ha, I used to have that desk lol

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 21 2012, 06:00 AM
Thanks man! smile.gif "Houston we are go for launch!"

Having a place to leave everything plugged in is really handy. If you can parse out just a bit of space and declare it the music area, it really makes the creative process a bit more simple IMHO, being able to just sit down and record is just plain spiff!

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Mar 10 2012, 05:05 PM) *
Wow killer setup Todd! It looks like a space shuttle command center smile.gif

I have lots of gear I would love to put in one space and make a dedicated recording room.
I'm getting tired of connecting and disconnecting stuff when I need to record something.

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 18 2012, 02:38 PM) *

3, 2, 1, BOOOM! Darn I thought that was the compressor? Not the BLOW UP THE HOUSE button!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Mar 22 2012, 01:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 4 2012, 09:53 PM) *

Wow man!!! I like your space a lot!!!!! Looks awesome I am sure you can record anything in there!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 22 2012, 03:17 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Mar 21 2012, 08:31 PM) *
Wow man!!! I like your space a lot!!!!! Looks awesome I am sure you can record anything in there!!!!!!

Thanks smile.gif It's been great having the gear set up and ready to go. I do all kinds of work in there. Web stuff, Video Editing, Digital Special Fx/Motion Graphics, film scoring, etc. Having a flexible space is really handy. I don't look forward to my next move though!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:09 AM