2 Pages V  < 1 2  
How To Ship A Guitar. Help!
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 22 2008, 12:40 AM
GMC:er
Well I advise to weigh it somewhere in box and take it to Airmail place after phoning them up and telling them dimensions and weight. Try and few places and there will be a large range of prices over them but you need to make sure you have insurance on items up to value of 1000 dollars. You may get for cheap if you check everywhere. Ibanez guitars aren't always light but I'm assuming that one is.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 22 2008, 12:41 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Feb 21 2008, 11:37 PM) *
Tempting.

How are the ladies down there.

smile.gif.

you like lady-men?

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Anyhow back on topic a little- as funny as some of these posts are we really do need some advice for dummies here- as we are new to shipping etc.

What company should TJ use etc- anybody whos mailed a guitar before it would be appreciated smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 22 2008, 12:43 AM
I think the only two I can use around here is UPS and Fedex.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 22 2008, 12:44 AM
https://wwwapps.ups.com/fctc/timeandcost?lo...___StartSession

Try here for estimate

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 22 2008, 12:48 AM
Well. $110, Which is doable I hope, and thats just estimated dimensions out to 30x15x5 and 8 lbs.

Now I just need to find a box.. ohmy.gif.

And deeproots needs to get paid.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 22 2008, 12:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Feb 22 2008, 12:37 AM) *
Tempting.

smile.gif.

laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 22 2008, 12:53 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Feb 21 2008, 11:48 PM) *
Well. $110, Which is doable I hope, and thats just estimated dimensions out to 30x15x5 and 8 lbs.

Now I just need to find a box.. ohmy.gif.

And deeproots needs to get paid.

and your mom needs to recover from flu tongue.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 22 2008, 12:55 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Feb 22 2008, 12:43 AM) *
I think the only two I can use around here is UPS and Fedex.

That's more for time critical goods. Will be very expensive. Try the US postal service. Will take longer, up to a week or so, but is probably cheaper.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 22 2008, 12:57 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Feb 21 2008, 11:55 PM) *
That's more for time critical goods. Will be very expensive. Try the US postal service. Will take longer, up to a week or so, but is probably cheaper.

They are risky for insurance though. Make sure you're covered. Some of the US postal ones are I believe but most are only covered upto 250-500 dollars.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 22 2008, 12:58 AM
Ahh..

Didnt think of them, they are super cheap most of the time too. Didn't now they shipped world wide though. Hence the name. lol

I'll check it out.

Thanks.

tj

QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Feb 22 2008, 12:53 AM) *
and your mom needs to recover from flu tongue.gif

She's scary with the flu man!

She like growls when she walks around. No joke either.

I'll ask my dad when he has a good day of work.

This post has been edited by Tjchep: Feb 22 2008, 01:00 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 22 2008, 01:04 AM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Feb 22 2008, 12:41 AM) *
What company should TJ use etc- anybody whos mailed a guitar before it would be appreciated smile.gif

I have recieved guitars in the "mail". Not a lot of packing actually. The guitars lay in a breathing bag to not get scratched and avoid moisture. The neck rests on solid foam and same material for stuffing all the edges.

And I'd loosen the strings a bit for less tension during the trip.

Easiest would be to mount a sail on it and drop it in the pond when the wind blows east, it wood and flots, right? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 22 2008, 01:04 AM
Get to da Chopper!
Its starting to sound good mate. I'm gonna be working overtime like mad for this-
i just see myself playing it lol (creepy unsure.gif )

CHeck out the postal service and chuck me a PM, thanks for your help guys- your making two happy bunnies here wink.gif

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 22 2008, 01:05 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (MickeM @ Feb 22 2008, 12:04 AM) *
Easiest would be to mount a sail on it and drop it in the pond when the wind blows east, it wood and flots, right? laugh.gif

If only man, i bet a fishing rod would be waaaay cheaper than most of these shipping companies.....

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 22 2008, 01:06 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 22 2008, 12:57 AM) *
They are risky for insurance though. Make sure you're covered. Some of the US postal ones are I believe but most are only covered upto 250-500 dollars.

Ok, Deeproots should then insure his package by calling his insurance company in the UK,

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 22 2008, 01:06 AM
Deep roots.

If you happen to need more time just tell me I could care less if it took you a few weeks longer to come up with the money.

tj.

P.S
I'll check out all that stuff tomorrow, and pm with with the info. Then spend my last hours with my other guitar smile.gif.

Since I broke the string on "yours".

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 22 2008, 01:09 AM
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Feb 22 2008, 12:58 AM) *
Ahh..

Didnt think of them, they are super cheap most of the time too. Didn't now they shipped world wide though. Hence the name. lol

I'll check it out.

They probably do ship world wide but at lower grade of service than UPS and DHL. People seem to overlook the simple solutions since US postal probably don't advertise as agressivly as UPS and DHL. They are simply not seen.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 22 2008, 01:09 AM
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Feb 22 2008, 01:06 AM) *
Since I broke the string on "yours".

haha

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 22 2008, 01:12 AM
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Feb 22 2008, 12:37 AM) *

"down there"? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 22 2008, 01:35 AM
haha I do that all the time.

bad habit.

I'm in canada right now anyways..

So I think I still win.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 22 2008, 01:47 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Feb 22 2008, 12:35 AM) *
haha I do that all the time.

bad habit.

I'm in canada right now anyways..

So I think I still win.

You could come visit me smile.gif Where bouts are yea smile.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:31 PM