2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Schecter Vs Ibanez, whats more for the price??
fire
Jul 17 2008, 07:56 PM
GMC:er
hey

if you had to chose between a ibanez RG (~500€) and a Schecter Diamond C-1 Classic (~800€) what would you
buy and why??
For sure the Schecter has the better pus, but on the other hand it has no tremolo.
Is the more of 300€ worth the better woods and pick ups??

(Dont go for feeling etc, cause pick ups can be changed, its only for the look more or less hehe;) )

cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If you think you understood what I said, you neglect that the things you hear, are different from the thing I thought of. - Got it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Niko Fran
Jul 17 2008, 08:06 PM
Well the diamond owns the Ibanez if we talk looks in my opinion smile.gif But 300 € is ALOT! So if feelings is the same with both, and the tone is the same, go for Ibanez!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jul 17 2008, 08:07 PM
schecter...they take a lot of time to make quality guitars

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Jul 17 2008, 08:56 PM
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Jul 17 2008, 12:07 PM) *
schecter...they take a lot of time to make quality guitars

I 've heard the same thing - that its good quality because they take the time to build it right, and quality control it, because they are an emerging company.

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 17 2008, 09:19 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (fire @ Jul 17 2008, 08:56 PM) *
For sure the Schecter has the better pus, but on the other hand it has no tremolo.

There's a value in a floating tremolo, materials cost wise, yes. But if that in itself makes a better guitar can be debated. I don't know the C-1 but if it's string through body that will add to the tone while a floating tremolo will cut tone. So from that aspect a string through body could be the better guitar since it has better tonal conditions and less maintenance which comes with a floating tremolo.

I think I'd get the Schecter for better pu's, better tone and easy maintenance. And I think they look good too wink.gif

+Quote Post
MattE
Jul 17 2008, 09:39 PM
I would like to ask if you have any access to either of these guitars?

Also, simply asking about an Ibanez RG and a Schecter Diamond is far too broad for most I would think. You have a ton of different models in both the Ibanez RG and Schecter Diamond series.

If you have access to these guitars (or something similar), I suggest going to try them out. The kind of money you're suggesting is a real investment, you should be sure you're not going to regret it.

But just to throw in my personal opinion: I've been playing Ibanez guitars since I was 10 (8 years ago) and I still play the same Ibanez I bought way back when. Ibanez has been a solid company, and they put out some really great guitars :]

Schecter I have never owned, but I have played a number of Diamond Series guitars, and the playability and tonality is amazing. Schecter, like Ibanez, is a great company that puts great guitars on the market.

+Quote Post
Alex Lewis
Jul 17 2008, 09:51 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
My personal preference would be Schecter as the quality is better overall (having owned an ibanez and schecter)

also the maintainance required on floating trems drives me crazy and string changes take forever, plus if you buy the ibanez and you have to change the pickups the price gap will minimal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 17 2008, 10:07 PM
Instructor
I must vote for Schecter here, it is a better guitar.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 17 2008, 10:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have a Schecter Diamond Series guitar, though it's an old, discontinued model with Floyd Rose and all that. That said, I was very happy with it untill I "destroyed" the neck with humidity changes.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jul 17 2008, 10:35 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
fire
Jul 18 2008, 11:23 AM
hey guys

thanks for all the advice

yes, i have (had) the possibilty to try them out, and i like them both very much sad.gif

Infact, i thought of a Schecter Diamond c-1 classic AA vs an IBANEZ RG350 DX WH
or an IBANEZ RG320PG-P1 which are very similar unless finish and the middle
single coil, that I dont need anyway.

Besides that a friend told me that Mahagoni (schecter) would sound "too" fat and
even little smudgy with the fat seymour duncan pick ups - is this true?

cheers

--------------------
If you think you understood what I said, you neglect that the things you hear, are different from the thing I thought of. - Got it?

+Quote Post
Xose Pineda
Jul 18 2008, 03:41 PM
QUOTE (fire @ Jul 18 2008, 12:23 PM) *
hey guys

thanks for all the advice

yes, i have (had) the possibilty to try them out, and i like them both very much sad.gif

Infact, i thought of a Schecter Diamond c-1 classic AA vs an IBANEZ RG350 DX WH
or an IBANEZ RG320PG-P1 which are very similar unless finish and the middle
single coil, that I dont need anyway.

Besides that a friend told me that Mahagoni (schecter) would sound "too" fat and
even little smudgy with the fat seymour duncan pick ups - is this true?

cheers

The typical mahogany sound is fat, sure... but don't expect something unbalanced... just "the touch". Not SO SO big diference with maple or other woods... the diference is there... but it isn't a huge difference.

Cheers!

This post has been edited by Xose Pineda: Jul 18 2008, 03:41 PM

--------------------

xosepineda

+Quote Post
fire
Jul 18 2008, 04:15 PM
thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 18 2008, 04:16 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I love shecters they are really good and personally I think they are way underpriced, but Ibanez just owns shecter all the way!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
bubbalicious
Jul 18 2008, 04:52 PM
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jul 18 2008, 04:16 PM) *
I love shecters they are really good and personally I think they are way underpriced, but Ibanez just owns shecter all the way!

schecter schecter shecters are way better in my opinion

This post has been edited by bubbalicious: Jul 18 2008, 04:53 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
my gear;

guitars:epiphone x-ploror
epiphone sg special (hopeing to remake it)
caliber strat copie
oakman acoustic
amps:mega 15 watt(crap)
line 6 spider 2 30 watt
pedals:zoom pedal board
line6 fx switcher
recording:line 6 toneport gx

check out my practice agenda

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 18 2008, 10:09 PM
QUOTE (Xose Pineda @ Jul 18 2008, 04:41 PM) *
The typical mahogany sound is fat, sure... but don't expect something unbalanced... just "the touch". Not SO SO big diference with maple or other woods... the diference is there... but it isn't a huge difference.

Cheers!

Imo between Mahogany and maple there's a giant leap wink.gif

+Quote Post
Xuestor
Jul 20 2008, 03:56 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 18 2008, 11:09 PM) *
Imo between Mahogany and maple there's a giant leap wink.gif

Agree, It's totally different.

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 20 2008, 05:40 PM
i think my input here is pritty much un nessisary.. im very bias in this scenario ................... EXCEPT THIS TIME!!!!

jk smile.gif for the two guitars you have stated.. are not comparable.. the schecter has better pickups, better wood, better craftmanship and looks 1000000x better smile.gif. BUT as for playability i am learning that ibanez which have Wizard or Wizard 2 necks really seem to play faster than schecters.. so for once in my life ill make some recommendations that are not SCHECTER ohmy.gif... don't get me wrong the schecter is a great choice but looking through my Ibanez catalogue im gunna throw 3 guitars out there that would be suitable to match against a schecter..

ART500 DVS.. its not a standard looking Ibanez, less sharp and has a real classy look to it, it reminds me alot of a Les Paul. Ive played it and it has a really fast neck and feels very nice. again the pickups are lower quality than the schecters but it stands more of a chance.

RG(high end) stuff like the RG2610Z BK and the RG2550Z GK or GW - they have the wizard neck which is really fast and seem to be high quality guitars. ( similar to the 350DX WH but more high end, low end ibanez always make me crindge)

any of the S Prestigue series, again more money but higher quality.

For the Price your looking go with the Classic. it wont be comparable with the Ibanez unless you switch and look at some higher end ibanez models.. Tone wise, looks wise, or feeling (except the ibanez may feel faster) Schecter wins this contest smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
fire
Jul 20 2008, 05:48 PM
thanks for all this opinions once more!!!

I didnt think this appears to be such a big thread:)

@Xuestor + MickeM: could you explain the difference more detailed please;) ? im not in this kind of stuff as i said, but mahagoni looks me more "noble".
@smikey: thanks for your opinion on that, I also do prefer ibanez in general, but my price range is ~500 and 750e is the max end so no ibanez prestige for me sad.gif even they would be my first choice (Ibanez jem 555 is already in reach with 1000e) I only think that schecter is, for the money, very "much guitar" - this seems to be right, so I'll hopefully get one:)

cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 20 2008, 07:51 PM
QUOTE (fire @ Jul 20 2008, 06:48 PM) *
@Xuestor + MickeM: could you explain the difference more detailed please;) ? im not in this kind of stuff as i said, but mahagoni looks me more "noble".

* Mahogany gives a very full tone, lots of lows and fat compressed mids and the high frequencies are filtered out. Warm tone and has plenty of sustain.
* Maple is bright, very bright infact. Lots of high and mid frequencies and less defined lows. Lots of sharp attack and sustain.

Different wood has different qualities. And different Mahogany or Maple wood would be of different quality depending on which tree it comes fron. Or, if it's from the same tree it depends on from where in the tree it comes from and how it's cut. There's an uneconomical way of sawing the planks where as you saw them on the radius towards the core, which is better for the tonal qualities but a waste of wood. Or the simple more common way where the pieces are horizontally sawn from top to botton, where the better tonal quality planks come from the middle of the tree.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jul 20 2008, 08:58 PM
I have a schecter. Every time I look for a guitar, I always have to compare it to my C-1+. The duncan pickups has a nice crunch to it, and trust me I play everything through this guitar. Fusion, shred, death metal, Black Metal, NWOBHM, blues etc. Yes, the neck is not as fast as the Ibanez though. So, this would be a tough choice for me as well. Its either looks and sound vs. playability. Of course, Schecters are still very very nice to play, but if all you do is shred, then fast neck would mean more to you than to me.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:09 PM