Anyone Else Restring Like This
Phil66
May 24 2020, 02:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
This popped up in the Facebook group Everything Guitar, some are saying it makes the strings hard to remove. Do any of you use this method?

https://youtu.be/opmg6lK8FkY

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 24 2020, 02:58 PM
GMC:er
That's the "standard" method for that type of tuner.
Personally, I would have two full windings around each post for the wound strings and three for the unwound strings.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 24 2020, 03:10 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I like the way he does it by manually wrapping the string before winding. I've always tried to guide the string over and under whilst winding and pulling the tension and I always get in a pickle with it. rolleyes.gif

I really hate changing strings and usually wait until one breaks, I read somewhere that Mr Satriani only changes when one breaks so I can live with that, mind you his strings probably break quite frequently whereas mine can last a year laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
May 24 2020, 03:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (klasaine @ May 24 2020, 02:58 PM) *
That's the "standard" method for that type of tuner.
Personally, I would have two full windings around each post for the wound strings and three for the unwound strings.

agreed , this to few winding's ,would be troublesome. I can see SRV just pulling the strings completely off

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: May 24 2020, 03:40 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 26 2020, 06:45 PM
GMC:er
I leave the balls on my strings to act as an anchor. I'm using a floyd so I string it backwards. The balls at the end stop the string from stretching too much. I still to a loop over but the ball anchor is they key. It would work on any floyd setup. It's a trick I learned a long time ago. I get irritated when I take it in to a guitar shop and they chop off the little balls and try to do it the "regular way" which is just not as stable imho.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:42 AM