Lesson Squares And Sounds
fenderflyer
Oct 26 2007, 11:10 PM
GMC:er
Hi There,

I think it would be extremely helpful if the little lesson squres for the videos had a brief description of what they contained rather than having to download them and find out later. Resting the mouse on them could briefly describe their content.

How can I get some cool sounds from my equiptment. I have a Fender stratocaster with a fender Princess Chorus and a Digitec RP100R. I am very fond of the sounds that Mark Knopfler produced on his latest albums.

Many thanks.

Fenderflyer.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 26 2007, 11:14 PM
GMC Founder
Agreed!

This is actually part of the plan when we update the whole lesson layout. This is a big project which we have just started drafting on! smile.gif

This way you will be able to see if a video is spoken, or a normal "slow video".

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 26 2007, 11:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fenderflyer @ Oct 27 2007, 12:10 AM) *
Hi There,

I think it would be extremely helpful if the little lesson squres for the videos had a brief description of what they contained rather than having to download them and find out later. Resting the mouse on them could briefly describe their content.

How can I get some cool sounds from my equiptment. I have a Fender stratocaster with a fender Princess Chorus and a Digitec RP100R. I am very fond of the sounds that Mark Knopfler produced on his latest albums.

Many thanks.

Fenderflyer.

Wow,so you download the video from lesson?? mellow.gif

Anyhow,Mark's tone might be tricky to get using any Digitech unit,it's too much synthetic.
But try with clean or just a bit overdrive and work on EQs,maybe you'll come up with something nice. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 26 2007, 11:21 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
I assume Fenderflyer you mean 'wait for the video to load' rather then that you download it smile.gif . (You can't at present download the lessons as has been discussed in a number of threads...)

As Muris says one way is to set the amp clean and use an effect. Or use one of the models/patches on the Digitech that is similar and adjust the eq and gain. Not sure what the patches are so can't suggest which - sorry. You may need to experiment whether you hook the Digitech pre amp or not.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
fenderflyer
Oct 26 2007, 11:30 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (muris @ Oct 27 2007, 12:14 AM) *
Wow,so you download the video from lesson?? mellow.gif

Anyhow,Mark's tone might be tricky to get using any Digitech unit,it's too much synthetic.
But try with clean or just a bit overdrive and work on EQs,maybe you'll come up with something nice. smile.gif

Thanks,

What does download the video from lesson mean?

What are EQ's?

By now you'll realise that I really know nothing abou this stuff. Trying to fill my retirement learning the guitar. They say it's never too late to start.

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Oct 27 2007, 12:21 AM) *
I assume Fenderflyer you mean 'wait for the video to load' rather then that you download it smile.gif . (You can't at present download the lessons as has been discussed in a number of threads...)

As Muris says one way is to set the amp clean and use an effect. Or use one of the models/patches on the Digitech that is similar and adjust the eq and gain. Not sure what the patches are so can't suggest which - sorry. You may need to experiment whether you hook the Digitech pre amp or not.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks very much I'll try some of this if I can work it all out.

Fenderflyer.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Oct 27 2007, 12:15 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (fenderflyer @ Oct 26 2007, 11:30 PM) *
What are EQ's?

By now you'll realise that I really know nothing abou this stuff. Trying to fill my retirement learning the guitar. They say it's never too late to start.

You're right its never too late. EQs- on your amp you may have 3 knobs that say Treble, Middle, Bass....Fiddling with these knobs can give you very different sounds fron your amp- for a range of styles.

Unfortunatley i'm not a huge knopfler know-it-all so i cant give advice on that tone.....

DeepRoots

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 27 2007, 01:03 AM
Instructor
And since you're using Digitech you could try with it's EQs,probably in preamp section. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:17 AM