2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Choosing A Strat
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 29 2008, 02:43 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 28 2008, 05:17 PM) *
You really don't need more than 8 electric guitars I feel.

Is that the same for cats, or is the number different ??? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
inertia
Jul 29 2008, 06:38 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 28 2008, 06:43 PM) *
I am sure they are great guitars. but they don't sound like a true strat. just the way it is. only way you get the real bona fide strat sound is with a real bona fide strat with the standard stuff. which is what I wanted. if I want something different, I pull out a different guitar.

Listen to Kris, and listen to Carlos. Regarding sound, case closed, you don't get the pure strat sound with the noiseless pickups.

I am not saying that they are not great guitars though, just don't see the point, if you have several other guitars. I would get a Parker for that type of thing.

My Tele has s1 switching. But I was careful to get the tele with the standard pickup at the bridge (which is the one that really is important for a tele), so I could get the authentic tele sound if I wanted it. The S1 switching is nice, I know that. But if I could not have made it sound like a true tele, I would not have been satisfied.

I understand where you are coming in that the deluxe is different, however I have a fender tube amp and I do get a Fender sound out of it, the only thing that would make it sound even better for blues would be a thicker gauge string which I don't want. So I can't say I agree with your assessment of the tone, however it's just my opinion smile.gif, I would not have bought it if didn't sound like a strat to me. I'm no Fender aficionado though

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 29 2008, 07:12 AM
QUOTE (inertia @ Jul 29 2008, 12:38 AM) *
I understand where you are coming in that the deluxe is different, however I have a fender tube amp and I do get a Fender sound out of it, the only thing that would make it sound even better for blues would be a thicker gauge string which I don't want. So I can't say I agree with your assessment of the tone, however it's just my opinion smile.gif, I would not have bought it if didn't sound like a strat to me. I'm no Fender aficionado though

It is close to a traditional Strat. But there is a difference. Taking out the noise does that.

I know I am being a purist here. Its like my cat Scampy here sitting on my amp. He is a white cat, except his has a black tail. But for most practical purposes, he is a white cat. And in fact, better looking in my view than a white cat without a tail like his. Am sure that he would like the Deluxe, most people do give them good reviews.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 29 2008, 04:17 PM
Instructor
The point of the story is that if a guitar player needs flexibility and strat sound he can buy it with deluxe models. Of course it is a matter of give&take then, you get flexibility but don't get that true sparkly&spanky strat tone. I don't see a problem here, deluxe guitar is also a strat - no mistakes there, they made it for the people who need a strat with wider tonal capabilities.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
inertia
Jul 29 2008, 05:35 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 29 2008, 02:12 AM) *
It is close to a traditional Strat. But there is a difference. Taking out the noise does that.

I know I am being a purist here. Its like my cat Scampy here sitting on my amp. He is a white cat, except his has a black tail. But for most practical purposes, he is a white cat. And in fact, better looking in my view than a white cat without a tail like his. Am sure that he would like the Deluxe, most people do give them good reviews.

Haha, good analogy

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 31 2008, 06:15 AM
QUOTE (ShinyHighlander @ Jul 28 2008, 09:27 AM) *
Hi Everyone! I am thinking of buying a strat. Problem is just that there are so many to chose from. So I was hoping you might give me some tip of nice strats that are worth checking out. The price range should be from 1000-2000 dollars. I mostly rock/metal but I´m also into neo classical stuff. Thanks in advance.

Well, a HSS strat is VERY versatile!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:29 PM