Suhr Thornbucker Pick Ups
PosterBoy
Nov 21 2019, 10:16 PM
Learning Roadie
When I was in Boston earlier this year I bought myself a Suhr Thornbucker + Bridge and Thornbucker neck pickup with the intention of putting together a double humbucker Tele.

With all the changes in my life at the moment and buying a house, that doesnt look like it will happen for a good while, so I'm going to put them in my Epiphone Dot (yes the pick ups are nearly the same price as the guitar.

I'll try and do a video of the before and after to see if the tones are a noticable improvement.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

PosterBoy's Bootcamp with Todd

Gear
Ibanez Rg770FM
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335
Ax8
Axe Fx Ultra - GCP Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 22 2019, 12:04 AM
GMC:er
Shoot some vid and let us hear!! smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 21 2019, 05:16 PM) *
When I was in Boston earlier this year I bought myself a Suhr Thornbucker + Bridge and Thornbucker neck pickup with the intention of putting together a double humbucker Tele.

With all the changes in my life at the moment and buying a house, that doesnt look like it will happen for a good while, so I'm going to put them in my Epiphone Dot (yes the pick ups are nearly the same price as the guitar.

I'll try and do a video of the before and after to see if the tones are a noticable improvement.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 22 2019, 06:27 AM
I'm also curious smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 22 2019, 12:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Might have to delay this as I will need to change strings to do this. I don't think I'll get the pickups out without removing the strings completely

Now do I stick with the flat wounds that are currently on it or change to a normal string?

Such decisions...

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Ibanez Rg770FM
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Epiphone 335
Ax8
Axe Fx Ultra - GCP Pro

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
May 29 2020, 04:31 PM
Learning Roadie
I've just ordered a wiring harness so all the electronics will be top notch and also cost more the the guitar did. Ah but that's the way things go sometimes.

Be prepared for some frustrated posting replacing stuff in a semi hollow is meant to be a challenge even with all the little tricks about!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Ibanez Rg770FM
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Epiphone 335
Ax8
Axe Fx Ultra - GCP Pro

+Quote Post
Huargo
May 29 2020, 05:24 PM
Tone Seeker
I take place in this post.
 I am very curious to hear those humbuckers.
Thanks Posterboy!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 30 2020, 02:44 AM
Mount those bad boys and give us a demo!!!!

smile.gif

QUOTE (Huargo @ May 29 2020, 12:24 PM) *
I take place in this post.
 I am very curious to hear those humbuckers.
Thanks Posterboy!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2020 - 02:13 AM