Painting Question
mhskeide
Jul 24 2009, 09:18 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
howdy fellas

some might have read my earlier post where I was talking about painting one of my guitars as a try-out to find out if I can succeed.

I`ve now bought tons of spraylacquer (I don`t mind getting expensive special paint since its an old, lousy guitar), and I`m ready to begin practising at some pieces of wood and take of the old lacquer.

When I`m about to re-paint the guitar, should I mask up mics, knobs etc. or just take out everything? If the paintjob ends up good, I`ll probably spend some money re-newing everything. If it fails I have to do it again...so it might be easier taking everything out now smile.gif ?

then to a more open question. I`ve not quite decided how to paint it. Since the only thing I have to make patterns with is masking tape, advanced stuff will be difficult. The classic VH look is ofcourse and option, but if I`m able to make circles, I`ve been thinking about something like the "rising sun" motive: http://thegrandnarrative.files.wordpress.c.../rising-sun.gif . I`m planning to colour it like a reverse macedonian flag, red sun and yellow background.

hit me with some ideas biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:49 AM