Seymour Duncan Dirty Deed Dist Pedal
Darius Wave
Nov 24 2013, 07:56 PM
Instructor
Seems like Seymour is slowly but seriously going into the world of pedals too. Just got the package...didn't launch it yet. Any of You tried it already? smile.gif What's Your thoughts?

Attached File  dirty_deed.psd ( 3.54MB ) Number of downloads: 92

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 24 2013, 11:33 PM
GMC:er
Would love to hear you demo it smile.gif I checked the video's, it does seem very organic but I couldn't get enough idea of what it does in a more "dry" setup.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 25 2013, 10:22 AM
Instructor
I'll try to make more "raw" demo showing the setup. Just launched it today. Weird pedal. I sounds organic (as for the solid stae construction) very similar, warm mids like in the Distortion + or Distortion III by MXR but....interesting thing is how the treble eq works - it's rather a frequency sweep than boost/cut at static frequency biggrin.gif Very interesting concept. At some points the treble is nasty as hell but this "sweep" option makes You able to find some sweet spots.

The drive it self is like a old tube amp turned on to 10...I mean way overcompressed for my rhythm playing but it gives the jucie for soloing. There is something original in it.

SD writes 9 to 18V powersupply. I wonder if they make a "trick" that the device get's wider dynamic range while getting 18V...hmmm....like the plexitone with transformer built-in....

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 25 2013, 06:43 PM
Most modern overdrive/distortion/boost pedals that use a 9v. center pin negative (-) power supply can accept 18 volts. This will give you more dynamic range resulting in less compression.
*Disclaimer! - check your manual or with the manufacturer before you try this. You 'may' fry your pedal.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 25 2013, 08:18 PM
Instructor
That's what I thought Ken so I send a question to SD...waiting for answer but I think we both have right smile.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 25 2013, 10:19 PM
If the literature says 9 - 18v then it's absolutely fine to use 18 volts ... or anything in between. 12v, 15v but no higher than 18 safely.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 27 2013, 12:46 PM
They are pretty new so it looks like you'll be the first here to demo it. Looking forward to hearing it smile.gif

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Nov 24 2013, 01:56 PM) *
Seems like Seymour is slowly but seriously going into the world of pedals too. Just got the package...didn't launch it yet. Any of You tried it already? smile.gif What's Your thoughts?

Attached File  dirty_deed.psd ( 3.54MB ) Number of downloads: 92

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 27 2013, 01:24 PM
Instructor
gotta order 18V DC...have to try the full dynamics range biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 7 2014, 12:26 PM
Instructor
Seems like I got basic recording set-up done. I made a simple demo while getting all the things done. This month I'll be able to post a lesson ...finally! smile.gif

Here's the Dirty Deed demo :

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jan 7 2014, 02:01 PM
Learning Tone Master
New lesson you say.....sounds awesome, I hardly wait!!! smile.gif

About "Dirty Deed" soundcheck, happened a weird thing again biggrin.gif When you told us the first time about this pedal I listened in others demos on youtube and was not for my taste. The sound was too "dirty" for me (you know what I mean) smile.gif

Today when I listened your demo, the sound was so cool that I think to put this pedal on my "to buy" list biggrin.gif I must admit your Mayones guitar have something that fits very well with this kind of pedal. Actually, Mayones in generally have something lovely in their tone smile.gif

I don't know what is your secret and what other set up you made but I know one thing: this is a second time when I told about something that is sucks and after your demo I want to buy that thing laugh.gif laugh.gif
But one of the secret is that you always put in demos the perfect style of song for the pedals wink.gif Your song has something that screaming (in a very good way), perfect for some more "dirty" than usual smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 7 2014, 02:29 PM
Instructor
ha ha ha ! don't buy too much things at the same time Monica smile.gif Also...I'm sorry...but whatever You think about this drive You should know it's very specific and I would not reccomend to buy it without trying. It's very fat sounding and same feel about dynamics response...it's muddy and a bit vintage. Not all of us will like that kind of drive response but...it's worth trying for sure smile.gif

As for the Mayones it's a very bright guitar because of the maple top and thin body. It's brighter than Hufchmid but similar in comfort of playing. This is why I like both so much smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jan 7 2014, 03:29 PM
Learning Tone Master
I understand...... so my first opinion about this pedal (before your demo) it's a reality. I told you that you have a secret that make all things sounds good tongue.gif You must include this secret in our mentoring biggrin.gif

Ha,ha,... I think I am lucky that I can't afford to buy much things in the same time smile.gif Anyway, my investment for all video stuff (light, background) will ruin me financially biggrin.gif So, for couple of months not a chance to buy other things.
You realize how I will react if somehow you'll make accidentally a demo for one of the pedals that I really want and are in my top of "to buy" list? I will rob a store laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 7 2014, 04:20 PM
Instructor
Yep...good idea...let's get the video studio done first wink.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 7 2014, 05:22 PM
Good demo Darius.

*I always like to test what a pedal sounds like when you turn the volume down on your guitar. To hear how it (potentially) cleans up with less signal going into it.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 7 2014, 06:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 7 2014, 05:22 PM) *
Good demo Darius.

*I always like to test what a pedal sounds like when you turn the volume down on your guitar. To hear how it (potentially) cleans up with less signal going into it.

This is exactly what I did at some points of this demo because I hate when most of pedals get so muddy and "chewing gum- like". Fortunately this one doesn't smile.gif Thank You for taking the time to listen smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:53 AM